ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat: Ethan Ganot with Callaway Golf

Rozo!!! Whattup!
Man that's a tough one. I've kind of stopped looking at a ton of social media or tv lately just to stay positive. Home Depot just sent a nice email describing what they're doing for their store associates, and AllBirds did a thing where medical professionals get a free pair of shoes. I thought Budweiser's thing with the American Red Cross was really solid.

What do you think is good?

I really like the Budweiser ad as well, they really understand the tone needed and have for past disasters/catastrophe's.

Being in Detroit, a little biased but I think the Ford work is powerful. https://adage.com/article/cmo-strat...ng-them-coronavirus-response-campaign/2244726

Also, while not consumer brand related, Doner an agency here put out a great video :

I have seen a lot of brands continue to "sell" and I just don't think that is going to work. Understand the need to, but not necessarily the time.

May have missed one of mine but no worries if you're out of time :) Question was:

I know Callaway is associated with the NLU guys. I think it's a great partnership! How did that come about? Did they approach you or did you approach them?

Thanks again for doing this today! It was awesome to follow along!

Great bunch of guys, that one just came about organically. We like their style and message and the way they are different from others out there, and they felt the same about how we present ourselves!

thanks for tuning in!

This was my first experience doing something like this with an industry person, great fun, Ethan, love the fact you took the time to go through everyone’s question and fans were them, awesome rep for the game & the people behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the last question to answer, which @JB can arbitrate - how'd I stack up against @JasonFinleyCG?
(sorry, I forget who asked it!)

Maybe the last question to answer, which @JB can arbitrate - how'd I stack up against @JasonFinleyCG?
(sorry, I forget who asked it!)
Not holding back, I loved the thought and detail you had with your answers. While you may have been a little scattered, you answered all the questions with great thought and honesty. As an educator, I give you a SOLID A.

I am an every kind of beer guy. Love craft beer. I have an app called Untappd that I use to keep track of everything I've tried over the last 8 or 9 years.
Favorite is such a tough thing to define - beer is very mood/occasion dependent. I'm always a sucker for anything on nitro so I love stouts, but being here in SoCal, IPAs are so huge. So a nitro IPA is always a win. I just had some stuff from Scofflaw brewing in ATL that was great, and anyhting from Modern Times is fantastic.
I did brew beer for my old job, twice. One was a blueberry witbier and one was a hybrid beer that was supposed to be the beer version of a Dark & Stormy cocktail

HEre's a video I made about the brewing of one of them

As for most proud at Callaway - I'd have to point to our PLaying THrough commercial during the Open Championship a few years ago. The format was new and to the best of my knowledge we were the first people to leaverage the split screen with a custom commercial. Mike Tirico gave us a shout out when they came back from break. We shot this and edited it internally!

just sat down & read this entire thread after my drive to Ohio from Florida!!! Thanks for the reply & love me some Nitro!!!

Also you rock as I think you answered every single question from THPer’s, truly awesome!!!

Much appreciated!!!

@EthanatorCG you did a fantastic job answering questions today. Highly entertaining and thoughtful. Thanks for taking the time!

But when you're at the Hideaway you need to take advantage of the goods and services being offered.

Truer words have not been spoken.

I had the unpopular take that while the sliders at the Hideaway are good, the reason they're exceptional is because of where you're eating them. A Choco Taco purchased from your local gas station isn't the same as one you pick up at a comfort station, despite being the exact same product. It's the ambiance, the event, the surroundings that make the sliders special. What's your take on this @EthanatorCG?

Shout out to Ethan for taking the time all day to come in and answer questions.

Shout out to Ethan for taking the time all day to come in and answer questions.
Definitely. It was fun and interesting to follow along. Thanks Ethan!!

Truer words have not been spoken.

I had the unpopular take that while the sliders at the Hideaway are good, the reason they're exceptional is because of where you're eating them. A Choco Taco purchased from your local gas station isn't the same as one you pick up at a comfort station, despite being the exact same product. It's the ambiance, the event, the surroundings that make the sliders special. What's your take on this @EthanatorCG?

Hmm a great question. This is Psych 101 stuff -- environment and context. If I did ten shots and was at a fraternity party, the way I "felt" and my behavior as a result of the influence of what I'd ingested would be far different if for some reason I had done ten shots and wound up at a classical music concerto in a fancy venue, right?

So yes, there's a bit of environment that adds to the "flavor", but in this case as it pertains to sliders I have an easy out -- I've actually never had a breakfast slider anyplace other than the Hideaway so they're definitely exceptional!

And Choco Tacos are different at the Hideaway because their freezer is set to like, -5 degrees and the things are rock solid so it's a different dining experience, particularly when the morning dew is on your hands. Brain freeze + sore teeth + cold fingers! But totally worth it.

And Choco Tacos are different at the Hideaway because their freezer is set to like, -5 degrees and the things are rock solid so it's a different dining experience, particularly when the morning dew is on your hands. Brain freeze + sore teeth + cold fingers! But totally worth it.

Good points, for sure. The chilled grapes were also delectable.

Thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions. Pretty special for the community to have this kind of access to industry insiders. Hope you guys and your families stay healthy!

The gift that keeps giving. Hopefully if the cards fall right, I'll get a chance to tee it up against you in Socal. Thanks again @EthanatorCG

Back