Happy Anniversary THP

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Two years ago, I exchanged emails with another gentleman and said I wanted to start THP. With his assistance, the forum on THP went live on 10/15/08 and we have never looked back. The growth we have seen over the course of just two years is staggering and astonishing. It started with a nice core group of people and expanded from there. What started as an idea to make a community that was about the golf lifestyle, turned into a community that is more like a family than a golf forum.

When I surprised GolferGal with the news that we started a golf website, she did not know what to expect. Since that time we have shared our wedding, started a magazine, traveled to tour stops, interviewed players, and even listened as GolferGal took a HotDog challenge on THP Radio.

Morgan joined in rather quickly and has made this place a truly special online community as it pertains to contests, creative ideas, and more. She works harder than most could imagine on the back end of things planning and organizing and truly making this site what it is today. I could not do any of this without her. She is my wife, the love of my life, my business partner, and most importantly my best friend.

Craig Mac was our original moderator and kept order as well as introduced us to the wonderful Hacker. Without him, I think we know exactly what the THP forum would have amounted to with my computer skills. Without the two of them, we may have just vanished and gone the way of so many others. Craig is a great friend and we could never be here without he and Hacker.

Hanks & Puttin4Bird joined the THP site as equipment testers and staff writers. The two of them work incredibly hard, never complain, and have been able to share with the world their thoughts on equipment and golf. Their addition to THP has been special and we are excited about the future addition of another equipment tester as well.

Smallville is one of the true originals of THP. One of our moderators that does more for THP Media than anybody could possibly imagine. Between modding this forum and assisting with our magazine, we are shocked he has time for a regular job. Smalls has been here since the beginning and has always been just a wonderful person to have around.

TC was recently added as a Forum Leader as well. TC is someone that just makes people happy on the forum. Bantering, arguing, chatting, sharing experiences, and so much more. He is a guy that makes people want to be here, someone that makes me want to work harder to make this even a better place, and most importantly, a guy that understands what this place is all about.

Andy joined us near the very beginning as our resident teaching pro. He has touched so many through his help and wisdom and we are so lucky to be able to call THP his home. He is a teacher, a forum member, but most importantly a friend.

THP is made up of thousands of members and each and every one has their own unique personality that makes them special on this site. Not everybody will get along all the time, but what makes this place different from every other is the ability for everybody to chat all year round and then get together for a weekend event and realize how much we all love each other. The readers and forum members we have on this site are family to us. We have shared our engagement, our wedding, the ups and downs of our lives, and everything in between with the people here. We laugh, we cry, we work hard, and we play hard for everybody here.

We consider each person here special and part of our family and we mean that more than anybody knows. What is ours is yours and those that have had the opportunity to make it to a THP Outing know that we care deeply for those around us.

On our two year forum anniversary, I just want to take a second and thank the people listed above for making this all possible. Between those names mentioned and the wonderful members here, you make this the easiest job in the world. I may take the credit (and I usually do), but the fact is, the people mentioned above are the reason that THP is what it is. An online golf community that we like to call our family.

Thank you all.
Happy Anniversary.

EDIT: AND YOU AIN"T SEEN NOTHING YET!

Last edited:
Awesome post JB! I have loved every second of my time here at THP, I still remember the day I found this site, I quickly made an account and was blown away at how warm of a welcome I received! You all rock, THP is great because of the two who work hard at it everyday and the thousands of us who come here to hang out and step away from the sometimes hectic lives going on around us!

I'll be a THP staffer for as long as you guys will keep on putting up with me, I love this place!

Happy 2 year anniversary everyone!

THP has been a big part of my off work/off course entertainment for the last five months, and I couldn't be happier with the people, the site, the information, and the prospect of what will be in the future.

You guys seriously rock. You give us normies a place to go to ask and answer all kinds of questions that no one we interact with on a daily basis wants to be a part of haha!

Congrats on two years, and here's to two more!

Without this site...... My golf game would be no where close to where it is today.... I thank everyone on here and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY THP!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that was an incredible post. I think you summed things up perfectly. I could go on and on about what thp means to me, what it's done for me, and how wonderful the people are who spend time here. I feel very blessed to have met so many people here and some of my closest friends in my non forum life I've made here.

Josh, you and morgan are outstanding people. I'm glad I can help you guys out with whatever I can but more importantly, I'm glad I can call you both friends. My wish is that you guys get everything you deserve in your personal and professional lives. I'll always be here to assist in any way I can.

Congrats on 2 years! May there be many, many more!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Well said JB. Full disclosure on my end......this is the first forum EVER that I have participated in. I have always been and still am a lurker on other sites (non-golf related), mostly because I see the attitude that makes up these other sites. Not here. Not seriously any way. I joined after I made a comment on another site about how much I liked a line of apparel THP reviewed and JB said 'we're giving it away in a contest, come check us out.' Since then I've been hooked. My golf game isn't on par with a lot of people on here but at the end of the day it's the new friends I've made here and the relationships I've built that take precedence. Heck most of the people I've met here have been the first I've ever met on an online forum, try telling that to your 'real' friends vs. your internet friends. Ha! Either way, I'm glad that I'm a part of the THP family and I feel like I'm a part of something truly special and unique here. JB and Morgan are the best 'bosses' I've ever worked for. Just don't tell my 'real' boss that ok?

Congratulations THP on your two year anniversary!! I can not express into words how happy I am I found this site a roughly a year ago and I have grown to love it and the people that are part of it with each passing day. I agree with JB's comment about the family atmosphere here, you feel it in the love and support each of us has for the other and you really see it at the outing which I was privledged to attend recently. There may be arguements here, there may be disagreements here but what family does not have those? Josh and Morgan as the leaders of this wonderful faily, keep doing what you have been doing for the last two years and continue to make THP not only the best place on the web for golf fans, but truely a cozy home environment for all of the members who are along on this wonderful ride.

I really appreciate what Josh and Morgan do for us........ as well as Hacker, Craig, TC, P4B, and Hanks! THP means the world to me! You guys are like a family to me!

I love you to clay! Haha. You better hang around buddy, I have to keep up with your golf career and I hope one day to be your caddy!

I really appreciate what Josh and Morgan do for us........ as well as Hacker, Craig, TC, P4B, and Hanks! THP means the world to me! You guys are like a family to me!

Wow, only two years? As smooth as this place runs I would have thought longer, goes to show just how deep the passion each of you have to make this the preeminent golf site. I've learned so much in my brief time here, hopefully someday I can give back a fraction of knowledge.

Thank you all for creating such a place where a 5 hcp and 25 hcp are welcome and treated like family. Best wishes going forward.

Oh and :birthday:

Great post. Thanks for all you do and everything everyone puts into this site. It's awesome.

I remember last year thinking Ol' Gray sure was OCD about golf and this website. I had no idea why in the world he would want to spend so much time on a golf forum. I would see him sitting there typing with a big grin on his face and I would just roll my eyes. When he planned the first SE golf outing in Blairsville, I wondered how in the world that would work out since he was in charge of reservations, made a $500 deposit and was counting on "strangers" to show up and pay their part. I didn't think there was anyone who loved golf as much as he did.

Well needless to say everything changed when they all went to that first SE golf outing. I decided to join the forum so I could get involved in the golf outing thread while they were in Blairsville. I talked a little smack with the guys and really enjoyed that thread. When Gray got back from the trip, the fun bantering and pictures really helped me to see what this site was all about. Since women are definitely the minority on this site and in golf, I was hesistant to join in but everyone has been so super in welcoming me aboard. I feel like a part of this family and am so truly thrilled that I joined.

I'm now as much, if not more, a golf and THP addict as Ol' Gray. Going to the THP outing in West Palm Beach was absolutely the best golfing fun I have ever had. I can't wait to go back again and again. The people on this site are the best and I have so many new friends thanks to THP.

Happy anniversary THP! You're the best website a golfer could ask for!

I love you to clay! Haha. You better hang around buddy, I have to keep up with your golf career and I hope one day to be your caddy!

Haha thanks TC
Trust me. I have noooooo intent of leaving THP! You'll have to pry the computer from my golf dead hands!
Interesting, Gray says he wants to be my caddy....... Maybe you guys can alternate as caddy/swing coach!

I found this site looking for reviews on rangefinders,immediately signed right up and posted a thread, people without knowing who I am, gave me help right away. What ones were good, price range,etc..., just being really nice about everything. Then me and good ol TC got into a heated argument about the word epic and prolly lol, and now we talk through pm's or tx almost every day. This site is amazing, I have been here for 4 months and 3 days and have posted like crazy ever since the first day, its just so easy to talk to people on here and they make you feel welcome, I truly enjoy this site. My bank account may not like it with as much money I spend seeing things on here then buying them lol But I dont really care, it is well worth it to have this great of a site.

Thank you to all the forum leaders/equipment testers and awesome people on here.

C'mon, he's got a bum knee, he can't be your caddy!

Haha thanks TC
Trust me. I have noooooo intent of leaving THP! You'll have to pry the computer from my golf dead hands!
Interesting, Gray says he wants to be my caddy....... Maybe you guys can alternate as caddy/swing coach!

Wonderful post. I wish I had more elequent words to say thank you but I just cant come up with them. THP staff and members make this site something more than special. Couldnt live without it now!

C'mon, he's got a bum knee, he can't be your caddy!

I'll hafta ask gray..... I might dump you both for KellyBO! hehe :banana:

For the last (almost) year that I've been a part of this forum, all I can say is that I hope I've contributed half as much as I've recieved from this community. Along with Hanks, THP is the first (and only) forum I participate in, and the people and sense of community are what truely makes this forum stand out from the others. Well done to all the THP staff, and to all the THP family!

Happy Anniversary THP and thank you to all that make this place special. I am grateful for this community.

Congrats on the two years. May THP continue to grow into a multi-media giant in the world of golf.

Kevin

I have enjoyed all of my time here, been treated more graciously than I deserve, been supported through my golf and academic exploits, made some bag changes, bantered, made the mods crazy with some of my more colorful posts (sorry GG!), started a BIG argument on golfing attire, improved my swing (thanks Andy), and ultimately found some of the best friends I have never met.

Happy birthday THP.
Congratulations JB and GolferGal.
Cheers.

Last edited:
There's nothing I can say here that hasn't been said already. The entire THP family has been made a part of my extended family and I could not be happier with that. THP has taken my fondness of golf and turned it to an all out love affair. I'm 150% hooked and just love it.

Where else could just an average guy from Canada get to meet such wonderful people and get to do all that we get to do here. If you had told me that when I joined that less than a year later I'd be playing at one if the nicest courses in North America, I would have laughed in your face. But here we are 7 months later and now my honeymoon is centered around the Spring Outing.

Thank you so much to JB, GG, and everyone else at THP. You all do so much for us and it is so greatly appreciated!

Here's to the future! Happy Anniversary THP!!

Wow, I cant believe its been two years. The site has gotten huge since the beginning but through it all it has still kept that friendly feel to it. Besides JB, GG and crew putting in all of the hard work, the members have always made everyone feel welcome, thats pretty rare on the internet. Keep up the good work all of you and thanks for providing a cool spot to pass the time.

Back