Happy Birthday ‘Merica!! July 4th Edition

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s that time of year for the red white and blue !! Cookouts, golf, pool time, and fireworks! Let’s see what everyone is doing to enjoy the upcoming weekend.

Its going to be pretty low key for us this year with everything going on but I’ve got a brisket that’ll go on Friday night, steaks, baked potatoes, and of course there’s gonna be some pie.

Lets see everyone’s 4th celebration !!!! 5F36CADA-2354-414C-9335-3B5796DB1A1A.pngB8332219-4436-47DA-8C3C-69BF187A60F3.jpeg

Going to be a low key 4th this year. Just some BBq,Beer and maybe watch Yankee Doodle Dandy. Hope everyone has a great one!

Heading up to the Cabin with the family. Have a 12lb brisket going on the smoker friday night as well. Great minds! haha.

Will be lots of beer consumed and a few cigars, fires, music and good food, even a round of golf! Sadly we still have no lake so there will be no pontooning, jet skiing or tubing :(

Renting a boat and enjoying friends and family time... American things, red white and blue, beer, and grills! Golf tourney tomorrow!

The 4th has always been a big holiday for us lasting over a week. Like many Minnesotans we will be spending the 4th “Up North” on a lake. The population in the Brainerd Lakes area where our home is goes from 75,000 in the winter to about 230,000 in the summer. There are 2,400 homes on our lake and hundreds of other lakes within 30 miles of us including Mille Lacs Lake that has 80 miles of shoreline and covers 210 square miles. We have another family staying with us tomorrow through Monday and other friends staying at the resort right next door to us. My daughter has 4 of her California friends arriving Friday Morning and my son has a college buddy arriving Thursday so we will have 4 adults and 11 mostly college age “kids” staying at our place and the other family of 5 spending most of their waking hours at our home. My buddy had his commercial fireworks license so a bunch of fireworks will be part of the celebration as well.

The weather is looking great with temps in the high 80’s and very little rain if any until Sunday afternoon. Everyone is excited for lots of food, drink, time on the water, and laughs. We have a new towable water toy that is the result of letting my youngest daughter and wife go to Costco yesterday unsupervised, lol. Our new wake foil will be getting lots of first timers on it as well.

Here’s a shot of the sunrise at 5:30 this morning and the new water toys.

5DB0E01B-4DDA-4846-9316-1777339C264F.jpegBAB5DBF7-A145-4725-86BB-46469F5D3EFC.jpegC9863BBF-57D6-40DC-9688-E1760B05AE3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Golf then beach, with BBQ on the beach, both Saturday and Sunday. Great weekend ahead! Now I just have to close the books for the quarter while most folks are off the rest of the week.

I will work on the 4th, (wheat harvest is in full swing) Golf on Sunday.

Golf on Friday, breakfast with friends on the 4th before a low key celebration with my parents and aunts and uncles. Wife has a rare weekend day off on Sunday, so will be taking advantage of that! Shaping up to be a great weekend.

This year all we have planned is the pool Friday night From 5-7 and the pool at 2-4 pm on Saturday (still feels weird making reservations). other than that all the fireworks, community days and parades have been cancelled so it will be a chill weekend. I’m sure I will cook something on the Rec Tec.

Back