Happy Legalization Day Canada!

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well finally pot is legal. Not that I was into it, just that tons and tons of people did it anyways, and was already basically decriminalized. At least now we can make some money!
Will be interested to see how it does a year from now. And if the gov't actually spends it well or not.
Lol, picture is of my buddy's dog who was falling asleep while sitting there. I thought he looked like a stoner haha.
411ecd0122a3d0c1842cddd5a89c724b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Do you have a location in your town you can buy locally?

We are supposedly getting 5..... and not a single one is set up to open today, or for some time for that matter.

I used to work for a company that sold accessory products, and they were granted a license (partnered with Tokyo Smoke).

Interested to see how quickly, or slowly things happen now that it is all legal.

Fun fact..... Still a $2600 fine if they catch you growing without a medical license here.

meh who cares, it was basically legal anyways, the government is now trying to steal a share of the organized crime's business.

Ya the stores here weren't allowed to even get in stock until today, so probably not open yet.
I think we are now allowed to grow 3 plants per household here in Sask..
Unsure how the driving thing will work with zero tolerance. Will that even be enforceable, and if it is will the charges stick? Time will tell I guess.

i looked out my windows this morning and saw that the streets were on fire, hellspawn and demons everywhere

what madness has been unleashed?!

I'm on the golf board at my local course, we are allowing it to be smoked on the course. As are the other courses around. But its illegal to smoke in a park, lol. Going to be interesting to see how this turns out for sure!

meh who cares, it was basically legal anyways, the government is now trying to steal a share of the organized crime's business.

And steal they will if the taxes on pot are anything like their alcohol taxes. I'm always shocked when I go skiing in B.C. and have to pay over $50 for a case of mediocre beer such as Labatt's. They tax alcohol at something like 40-80% in Canada. Sort of like the current $8 for a pack of cigarettes in California.

Looking forward to getting that strong wind out of the east while at work. The smoke should come right across the Detroit River and make work a little funnier :alien:

Sort of like the current $8 for a pack of cigarettes in California.
premium cigarettes here are $20. Pot will hopefully be different as they have to keep the price low, or the black market will not disappear in the market.
Once they feel the black market has disappeared a bit, then taxes will be raised. No doubt.

A couple of guys on my staff have already asked what would happen if they showed up to work high.

Yup. It’s Wednesday.

A couple of guys on my staff have already asked what would happen if they showed up to work high.
Yeah people are dumb, if you show up drunk, you get fired, what makes you think that this is different?

US should do it.

I guess that since it is now legal here in Washington state and Canada, the BC Bud pipeline down to here will dry up ?

People were lined up outside the stores here this morning. News trucks all over the place. Like who cares that much, I'm assuming it's just to say you were first?

Lineups here as well. Had an email sent to everyone to say being high at work isn't allowed. Which I didn't realize would need to be said.
I somehow doubt that applies to execs having a couple highballs at lunch, but whatever.
Don't think I'm going to stray too far from the house this weekend, I'd be shocked if there weren't a few checkpoints operating to catch idjuts.
If you wouldn't do it with a few beer in you, don't do it after a joint. Seems simple enough.

Lineups here as well. Had an email sent to everyone to say being high at work isn't allowed. Which I didn't realize would need to be said.
I somehow doubt that applies to execs having a couple highballs at lunch, but whatever.
Don't think I'm going to stray too far from the house this weekend, I'd be shocked if there weren't a few checkpoints operating to catch idjuts.
If you wouldn't do it with a few beer in you, don't do it after a joint. Seems simple enough.

I’m more worried about the drive home after work.

Apparently Calgary has 2 stores and online sales available.

Good luck

We've been given explicit instructions. No weed, even when off duty. Makes sense.

In your profession I would agree.
What do you think of the Calgary Police force who can't off duty either, when pretty much every other police force is allowing it.
I'm unsure about that one.
We've been given explicit instructions. No weed, even when off duty. Makes sense.

In your profession I would agree.
What do you think of the Calgary Police force who can't off duty either, when pretty much every other police force is allowing it.
I'm unsure about that one.

Depending on how it goes with other departments I wouldn’t be surprised to see that change at some point.

Depending on how it goes with other departments I wouldn’t be surprised to see that change at some point.
Does being just 36 make you a millennial country?

Back