Happy with your Bag?

Driver, 3 wood & hyrbid are safe. Irons are always on the block. I have been looking at the PING Ansers forever..just can't pull the trigger. Wedges and putter are strong.

Because of this site, I don't know if I will ever be as happy as I could be with my bag. Am I happy? Yes. Could I be happier? Of course. There's so much cool equipment out there and because of this site, I want to try it all. Unfortunately I can't, and even if I could, I can't afford to buy it!

I have to say that I like my bag, but I can't say that I'm in love with it. While I like everything I have, nothing is safe. If I can get a deal on an upgrade anywhere I'll be all over it.
It seems there is always something I want, or need to change. Right now I'm pondering face balanced putters, and adjustable drivers.

I love my setup as it is now. I had an awesome late summer with my Cleveland irons and my new Titiliest driver so it would be hard for me to change those two items. My hybrids are very good however I would not be opposed to trying a couple more of the brands out there. My putter is brand new to the bag and although we had some bonding issues (I disliked it a bunch) at the beginning we are now sharing some quality time. I can see this bag staying put for a long time however if I do ever change irons I might lean towards graphite to help the old joints.

I'm overall happy with my bag. The new hybrid seems to be working well and I love my 3 wood. The only things that are in any danger of being replaced are my driver and possible my wedges. Wedges (one maybe two) due to wear. Driver is brand new, I just haven't been able to tame it yet since my initial fitting. Moments of brilliance at the range but almost universal poor performance on the course. I've been eyeballing some replacements recently but have yet to go hit any of them.

Being what I like to call an 'enthusiast' though, I'm always looking for a new toy. :) So I doubt that I will ever be permanently satisfied with my bag...

Quite the opposite for me versus most others. I'm always looking to make changes to improve my game... Recently made some changes to the driver and I think as of right now it's the only safe one in the bag. I like my 3W but think my strikes could improve with a different shaft. Irons need to be changed cause they're old and the weaker lofts on my Nikes don't provide the additional distance I need as a shorter hitter. Also looking to possibly add a 2H because of the distance factor once again. Maybe a 52* wedge to fill the gap there. Then a new putter since my current one and I have not been getting along recently.

Basically, a whole bag makeover... and that includes the bag too! Not there yet finance-wise so it's gonna have to wait a bit longer.

I'm basically happy with my bag. I love my irons, my 3W, and my wedges. My putter and I are on pretty good terms most of the time and when we have a spat I have several others at home while my Seemore us in time out. The two clubs on the "fair warning your days are numbered" are my driver and my hybrid. My driver is probably going to be replaced in next few weeks with a G20 and then the hybrid search will start.

I am finally happy with my bag having brought virtually an entire new one in the last 6 or 7 months. The irons and wedges in my bag were my latest purchases (last weekend in fact), and I've been looking to get these in my bag for sometime now.

Ask me again in a couple months . . .

I love my bag right now. A couple things is I would like to change up the set up of my wedges (love the clevelands but the lofts and bounces may be off of what I really need) and I would like to get my hands on a ghost 880 maranello putter. Oh and I'm looking into a new actual bag, maybe the adidas Tour AG stand.

at this moment, yes, yes i am.

I dont know if Im ever completely happy with my bag. Right now Im happy for the most part. Im still searching for a putter that I feel really comfortable with. The mallet putter experiment has been a failure. Ive tried a couple mallets and I just cant get comfortable with them. I think Im going back to a blade: either a Cleveland Classic 1 or 2.
I dont know what it is about a mallet but I just cant seem to develop a feel for distance with them.
I do love my 3-wood, hybrid, irons and wedges though. Im kind of on the fence about my driver though. I like the adjustability of it but I kind of want a driver that is more forgiving and has a higher launch. I can hit my driver 250+ pretty easily when I catch it solid but Im also just as likely to slice it into the woods, so I dont know. Im thinking about keeping an eye out on Ebay for a good used MX-700 or JPX-800 10.5 degree with a regular shaft. I dont think Im swinging hard enough for a stiff shaft with 9.5 degrees of loft now that Ive slowed my tempo down.

I thought I was completely happy with my bag until very recently. Last couple of rounds I have started hitting my driver between 250-270 when struck properly (which has been a lot more frequently). My next club is a swing science 4w 18 degree loft that I like but have mixed results with. 180-210. Then comes 4i about 185-195. So I have one spot free in my bag and would like something I could hit off the deck 220-240 if hit well...
Love the irons and my 52, 56, 60 deg wedges so again just one spot. MAybe a 3w?? Thoughts??

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.373512,-122.211864

I am pondering a new set of irons and a corza ghost. As for irons not really sure. Maybe some Di11s or even Di9s as I liked those quite a bit

I thought I was completely happy with my bag until very recently. Last couple of rounds I have started hitting my driver between 250-270 when struck properly (which has been a lot more frequently). My next club is a swing science 4w 18 degree loft that I like but have mixed results with. 180-210. Then comes 4i about 185-195. So I have one spot free in my bag and would like something I could hit off the deck 220-240 if hit well...
Love the irons and my 52, 56, 60 deg wedges so again just one spot. MAybe a 3w?? Thoughts??

---

Definitely think a 3w would fit nicely in there. You might consider a 3 hybrid (19 or 20°) to fill in for your 4w, too.

I have found that while I really like what I have overall I am always looking for something new. I am currently in the market for a good hybrid that I can hit around 220-240... Mashie 20.5* maybe??? My biggest issue in putting together my dream bag is two fold. Number one, MONEY. Number two, Lack of selection making it difficult to try before I buy (Small towns can be so frustrating).

I have replaced everthing in my bag this year except my putter. My Pal is the only putter I have owned and I haven't found anything better.

I am very happy with the Cleveland wedge set I have added and they are safe.

I'm on my 4th set of irons this year, but the good news is I have found the keepers.

My woods will probably always be having new shafts cycled through them but I like the heads. I see myself becoming more of a shaft ho than a club ho.

I will probably sell the hybrid if my steel reshaft experiment fails. That is the last desperate try to make that club work for me.

I am close to happy. I will think i'm good and then show up at demo day and be a mess all over again.

---

Google the 3 wood I have. I really like it and they aren't pricey if you can find one. The regular one launches higher than the TP version. It took me three shafts but I think I have a winner with the Epic.

I just replaced my driver. It arrives tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to hitting it. I'm looking to overhaul everything else but the putter. I'd like a Titleist 3w and 3h (the 909s are nice). I seem to hit the Titleist fairway woods and hybrids much better than any others. I like TaylorMade's TP MB irons. As far as wedges go, I'm thinking either stick with Clevelands or go to Vokeys. I have a 53°, 56° and 60°, but I hardly ever use the 56° (it's a sand wedge). I might just go to 54° and 60°, and that would free up room for maybe a 2h or something like that.

my 3 and 5 woods need a change not confident in hitting them at all :banghead:

Well I thought I was happy with my bag last month. Now I am testing the a12 OS irons and am more confused than ever as to what I should leave in my bag. I also won the Yonex driver at the THP outing and it is a great driver. So while it was raining yesterday, I made up two complete sets and told Ole Gray I'm going to find out what I like best one day! I'm actually going to play these bags on separate occasions to see what stands out the most. I am most certain about the Cleveland 3 & 7 fairway woods and Adams hybrids winning out but you never know! With the Adams 4H being so long, I may not need the 7 wood anymore.

1st set: Yonex driver; Cleveland FL 3 & 7 wood; Adams a12 OS 4,5,6,7,8,9,PW,GW; Vokey 54* SW, Cleveland Niblick 56*
2nd set: Cleveland SL290 driver; Cleveland FL 5 wood; Mashie 3,4,5 hybrids; Ping G15 6,7,8,9,PW; Cleveland CG16 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Never. But I must say that this is the closest to 'happy' that I've ever been and it definitely shows from the lack of posting in the 'what golf stuff did you buy today' thread.

I am happy with my bag. With the exception of the putter. Going belly putter I think. I want a spider ghost belly putter.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

So far I am happy. I am having trouble with my driver, but the rest of my clubs seem to be performing pretty well for me. I love my 5 wood. A Nike Sasquatch with a stiff steel shaft. It's getting old now so I'm thinking about replacing it, but don't know what to get.

Back