Happy with your Bag?

Mardin

Reaction score
THP makes it hard for many users to be truly happy with their bags because all of the new technology, great reviews, and feedback this site has. It also doesn't help when OEM's are coming out with new sets every other month it seems. It has taken about 2 years but I am truly happy with my bag, from driver to putter and I don't see myself changing anything for at least a year (maybe besides my balls). Does anyone else feel that way about your bag and how long did it take you to put together a bag you were truly content with?

THP makes it hard for many users to be truly happy with their bags because all of the new technology, great reviews, and feedback this site has. It also doesn't help when OEM's are coming out with new sets every other month it seems. It has taken about 2 years but I am truly happy with my bag, from driver to putter and I don't see myself changing anything for at least a year (maybe besides my balls). Does anyone else feel that way about your bag and how long did it take you to put together a bag you were truly content with?

With all the information this site provides and opportunities to get feedback on new equipment from players of a similar skill level, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be content with whats in my bag.

I think it comes with the territory to want new things as it pertains to golf. My bag is not quite finished, I still want to get fitted for a driver shaft and I want to do some tinkering with my wedge setup, but if I were told that I had to play my bag and only my bag for the rest of my life, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

I am actually very satisfied with my current setup. the only thing I would consider is swapping my 3i for a hybrid. Other than that I am golden.

No, the only clubs truly safe in my bag right now are the irons. My irons are there to stay but every other spot is up for grabs.

No, the only clubs truly safe in my bag right now are the irons. My irons are there to stay but every other spot is up for grabs.

+1. And at that maybe only the iron heads, I still think I'd be better off with a different shaft. Top priority on my bag 'wish list': 4i hybrid, wedges, driver. I will always keep an open mind on a putter.

With all the information this site provides and opportunities to get feedback on new equipment from players of a similar skill level, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be content with whats in my bag.

Amen to that. I am still using clubs I got/bought two years ago and it's just about time to upgrade maybe late next year maybe even early spring. THP has opened my eyes to a whole bunch of different equipment and even more/different balls.

I am happy till I find something better!

Not really - I'm afraid to invest too much more until I become more confident in my swing. I'm focusing on lessons right now. Once that's done - most everything except driver is on the chopping block.

Simple answer.... no.

I have brand new irons (gonna play them for the first time tomorrow) so I think I am ok there for a while. I truly love my putter. I am "content" with my driver.... Everything else is up for grabs.

i'm pretty happy with my bag right now but i doubt my bag will look anything like this in a year. i could see everything being replaced. i always wanna try different clubs and see how they feel and work for me. i don't even think my bag itself will be the same next year... let alone anything in it.

I am quite happy with 13 of my clubs. I find the 14th to be satisfactory. I find that this site has changed my perspective as to what new clubs can do to help, or hurt, my golf game.

I'm pretty unhappy with my bag, except for two clubs. One is new and one is old. My Ping G20 will arrive on Friday, and it should become my second favorite club pretty quickly. My Ping Anser 2 putter has always been solid, and I try hard to think of it as my favorite club. I've had my irons pretty much since high school, and the heads on the 8i and 6i are starting to come loose. My wedges are about the same. My 3w was given to me by a friend a few years ago and just does not have a stiff enough shaft. I'm hoping to replace just about everything over the course of the next year, as well as pick up a 3 hybrid. I just think that would do a much better job of filling that big gap between my 4i and my 3w.

I am sitting at 13 clubs right now, and my Mashie is going to be replaced here real soon. So I'm looking for a new FW and a new hybrid, or two news hybrids. I will be keeping my irons for a long time, and I have new wedges coming in tomorrow that I think I will be very happy with. Until Monday I would have told you my Driver was standing on shaky ground. I threw in a stiffer shaft on Monday, and we are becoming great friends. I've never driven the ball as well as I did today. I can still see myself getting a complete fitting for a new driver once the 2012 stuff is out, but for now I'm happy on that front. I've settled in having the Penta as my ball. I do want a new bag. My stand bag just isn't cutting it, gotta make the move to a cart bag. I think I'll have a new bag and fill in the spots between my Driver and 4I in the next month. AFter that I could be set for a little while.

I'm almost there after the recent overhaul. Maybe just another driver shaft and a couple wedges away. The part of the bag that I'm most unhappy with is the bag itself. It's a Nike from 7 years ago and the air thingy on the straps have all oxidized and fallen apart. It looks like crap. And I have a bad case of shaft jams too. I need a new one with full length dividers.

For the most part, yes I am. The only clubs that I am not completely happy with are my hybrids. I have a bad case od the hooks with them, but I am resisting the urge to make any changes in my bag because I think most of my problems are swing related instead of club related.

Yup very happy with everything in my bag, but the bag. TEE cart bag is super cool looking, has tons of storage, but try to carry it and two buckets of balls and your picking up clubs. On the cart/push cart, brilliant!
Off, frustration! Also have an Ogio grom. If it was two pounds lighter, it'd be the perfect carry bag.

You have some nice clubs! Way to stick to a single brand, most people can't do it, including me

TMAG has done nothign but impress. I am not so opposed to having a stray in the bag now. If it works better and the money's there, why not? Really, it is tough after reading the bang up job that reviewers here do.

My scores consistently get lower so you would think i would be happy and for the most part i am,BUT...... There will always be something that is missbehaving and for me right now that is my driver.I dont know what happened i had been hitting low and straight line drive ropes with it for months and then all of the sudden i got the up in the clouds,short and right drive going on.I guess i am raising up and coming out of my swing but i swear it doesnt feel like i am.I even brought the R9 out yesterday and today and set the wieghts up for a draw but no luck,i just turned it into hooks and pulls.Other than the driver tho i am happy as i could be with everything else.It seams like the irons and hybrids get better every round i play and all of my wedges are spot on for now.The putter is fairly new but i am putting from distance better than ever,the centershaft has helped me tremendously.Luckily for me i dont usually get pulled into the newer is better bandwagon but,sometimes i see something that makes me drool like a sex addict at a po%n$ convention.Overall i would say my happiness is 8 out of 10,,,,,,80% is not too shabby:clapp:!!

I hate my bag with a passion! My clubs are fine now though. Cant wait till I find a bag I like.

I love my bag and my set up! This is the bag of my dreams!

ABSOLUTELY NOT! I feel like I can play well enough with my Adams set but thanks to this site is really realizing I need and want to upgrade to some good game imprvovement irons. I also literally hate my bag, feels like its falling apart and I must say my next bag has to have club dividers!!!

I wish I could say I am happy with my bag, but I am def. not. I don't think I'm even happy with my actual bag anymore.
I like my driver alot, and my 3/4/6/8 irons, after that... it's a mess in my hands. It will take a lot of work to up it!

Back