Harborside Club Championship Aug 24th

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
Well I'm headed to Chicago this weekend to play some golf and this is one of the courses I will be playing. As I was looking at their site I noticed they have a club championship open to the public on Sunday August 24th. I am having the itch to play some competitive golf so I'm considering doing this and thought I'd see if any THPers would be interested in giving this a go with me? Obviously the chances of playing in the same group are slim but it would be cool to have some other there.

Looks to be a top notch links course with a senior event being played there in 2002. I have not yet played there but this weekend will be my first time there. Cost for the event is $160 and includes breakfast and lunch. Shotgun tee time is 8AM so I may head into town and stay in a hotel Saturday night so I don't have to get up early and drive. Here is a link to the site and tournament info: http://www.harborsideinternational.com/Club-Championship.html

Played the Port Course I think it was couple months ago, tough course in the wind and don't miss the fairways as its almost impossible to find your ball in the tall grass.

Played the Port Course I think it was couple months ago, tough course in the wind and don't miss the fairways as its almost impossible to find your ball in the tall grass.

Same advice here. I played on Easter this year, so the long grass hadn't grown in yet. Saved me a number of shots. I can only imagine the course is in fine shape with the mild summer we've had here. Lots of wind off of the lake.

New this year is a GPS system in their carts, which is very nice.

Yeah it looks like a fun but very tough course. I'm sure it will be a challenge. I think my game is where it needs to be to play well there, I am getting off the tee very well, just need to tighten up the short game a little bit more again.

That does look interesting.

Back