Harrison Shotmaker - THP Preview

This product has me very intrigued. I too spin the ball too much off the tee. I can't wait for your review.

Great! Can't wait to hear more, Hawk!

I play a SuperTri and a golfer that was paired with our threesome also used to play a SuperTri. He told me no matter what he did to adjust it, he could never achieve the rollout he desired once it hit the ground. I also agreed with him that for me as well, I could get decent airborne distance, but it pretty much died after touchdown. I am really interested on Hawk's results and others' as well.

Looking forward to your thoughts, dude

Been reading some of the other threads regarding this product and color me intrigued; looking forward to seeing what you think.

I have both the D and E inserts and I think I'll start with E.

I'm contemplating sticking one in my fairway wood as well.

I can't wait to hear more about this Hawk. Up until about 2 weeks ago I had never heard of such a device and am now fully intrigued by this thing. Good luck with the testing.

No waiting needed, Dr. Teeth has done a stellar review already for the last few weeks in the shaft section complete with LM data.

This is installed and ready to go for the launch monitor tomorrow.

Personally, I'm kind of scared of this as I have heard it can get stuck in the shaft and render the shaft useless. Not sure if this is true or not, but shafts being as expensive as they are, I don't know if I'd spend that kind of money to find out.

Personally, I'm kind of scared of this as I have heard it can get stuck in the shaft and render the shaft useless. Not sure if this is true or not, but shafts being as expensive as they are, I don't know if I'd spend that kind of money to find out.

Mines been in and out 10 times, no issues for me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that I tried to take it out to do a retake of a video and it came loose with no issues. The only problem was that I used the drilled out grip method and it didn't want to come out all the way. I could take off the grip if I really wanted it out.

This one is intriguing to me. I'm especially interested in it's ability - or inability- to reduce back spin.

Mines been in and out 10 times, no issues for me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. I'm really interested in this product as spin is my enemy.

Interesting stuff Hawk, I look forward to your numbers. I have had both the e and the f models in two different drivers and they are very easy to take out when you want to, and as easy to install as the company says it is. I'm keeping my own thoughts to myself until you have your own review up.

Interesting stuff Hawk, I look forward to your numbers. I have had both the e and the f models in two different drivers and they are very easy to take out when you want to, and as easy to install as the company says it is. I'm keeping my own thoughts to myself until you have your own review up.

Thanks man. I have some data for comparison, so that should be pretty straightforward. I'll take it out on the course afterwards. I installed the E after reading the literature.

Cant wait to hear your results Hawk, I was going to test this out about a month ago but had some car repairs that came up, depending on the results I will be looking at these again, I think I would have a hard time figuring out which one I need

Cant wait to hear your results Hawk, I was going to test this out about a month ago but had some car repairs that came up, depending on the results I will be looking at these again, I think I would have a hard time figuring out which one I need

From my limited observations, that is a real concern. I have both the D and E, so it won't be too much of an issue, but I do have concerns since most people won't have that luxury. They give a guide, but it's not really that easy to understand imo.

From my limited observations, that is a real concern. I have both the D and E, so it won't be too much of an issue, but I do have concerns since most people won't have that luxury. They give a guide, but it's not really that easy to understand imo.

When I was choosing Hawk I too found the chart on their site confusing. As we all know there is more to choosing a shaft than just swing speed, and I would think the same applies to the shotmakers.=

I have the d e and f models.

The F is def too stiff for me as I can feel it there at impact.

The E and D wrk Best for me. I can feel the D and tell it flexes at impact. I had the highest shots with it at the range. But all of em were nice and straight.

The E flex felt the best I think... They said a little stiffer is better- so I think after feeling the D flex so much and the higher flight... The e would be best for me.

I can tell a difference when the shotmaker is installed. You feel it at impact, I really like the flight.

I'm curious how much is mental though,

I know it's there and I have more confidence thinking it's not going to be too far offline if I swing harder,,,,

So on the range I see better ballflight- with the E installed. I think it helps as advertised but I haven't been in launch monitor yet

The e flex I still feel at impact- can tell it's there and the fllight is slightly lower than, and seems to draw more?

The d I think flexes too much and te high and right ballflight kicks in.

I've been testing it in my Attas shaft with the r11 setup STD everything.

Curious what others have thought.

If it helps y mental game I'll definitely keep it in!

I was thinking E or F, that chart is not easy to understand at all and I hope they get a better one in the future.

I just pulled out the F tonight, after a slight struggle to get it out of the 'ahina shaft. I am returning it for the E flex. With the F I noticed a definite loss of yards, maybe as high as 10+ yards. It made the shaft feel extremely more stiff to me. Hopefully the E will correct the increased stiffness and give me back the loss of yards. As for the effectiveness of it, I do think it works, to what extent I don't know as I haven't had it on a monitor, only on the course and range testing. It was weird as some balls I hit that should have definitely been a big slice or hook straightened out and would be playable. My SS is 100-105mph and I thought the F was too much for what it's worth.

I just pulled out the F tonight, after a slight struggle to get it out of the 'ahina shaft. I am returning it for the E flex. With the F I noticed a definite loss of yards, maybe as high as 10+ yards. It made the shaft feel extremely more stiff to me. Hopefully the E will correct the increased stiffness and give me back the loss of yards. As for the effectiveness of it, I do think it works, to what extent I don't know as I haven't had it on a monitor, only on the course and range testing. It was weird as some balls I hit that should have definitely been a big slice or hook straightened out and would be playable. My SS is 100-105mph and I thought the F was too much for what it's worth.

I think that answers my questions, I think I will go with E when I get one, I can always swap it for the F if needed

I think that answers my questions, I think I will go with E when I get one, I can always swap it for the F if needed

Keep in mind it's not exactly how fast you swing, it's more how you load and unload the club. If you have time give them a call and you can talk to .... Frank? Crap I forget hisname.

Pretty much if you think you have a ton of lag, and you release into impact well you might Need a stronger flex. If you don't produce a ton of lag or release perfectly, or swing that hard... E or D mightbebetter.

I tried to hit the F realyhard and I think it was too much for me, and I've been told I have a great release at impact.

Theysaidthe most common one would be E anyways... But I need more time myself to decide between DandE

Keep in mind it's not exactly how fast you swing, it's more how you load and unload the club. If you have time give them a call and you can talk to .... Frank? Crap I forget hisname.

Pretty much if you think you have a ton of lag, and you release into impact well you might Need a stronger flex. If you don't produce a ton of lag or release perfectly, or swing that hard... E or D mightbebetter.

I tried to hit the F realyhard and I think it was too much for me, and I've been told I have a great release at impact.

Theysaidthe most common one would be E anyways... But I need more time myself to decide between DandE

Ya I think E will do it for me

Back