Has anyone dealt with medial epicondylitis, a.k.a. Golfer's Elbow?

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
For the past few months, I've had a worsening condition in my right elbow. It's on the inside (whereas tennis elbow is on the outside to my knowledge) right on the pointy part of the elbow and the pain will extend into the forearm at times. I'm pretty sure golf is what caused it and that's definitely when it flares up and hurts the most. Basically, from the first swing on, my arm is killing me. OTC pain killers and ice have had some effect, but not much. I've checked out articles and watched videos that give treatment advice (including some massage techniques). I even went through a stretch where I only picked my clubs up once in a 5-week span, but even the rest didn't make a difference. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, but it's certainly not better. What really sucks is I've lost at least a full club of distance just from being weaker in that arm and not able to swing as hard and the soreness and stiffness during a round is causing me a lot of trouble at times.

Has anyone dealt with this in the past? If so, were you able to conquer it without major medical intervention? I've been reluctant to go to the doctor, because I don't want to be told not to play golf. But I'm starting to think maybe I should so I can get a cortisone shot or something. Any input from those with a similar experience would be hugely appreciated.

Back