Has anyone gotten online golf lessons?

RAGSU64

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here. Has anyone ever gotten a lesson online?

Thank you,

Rhett

First off, welcome to THP.
I have personally not done any lessons online, outside of putting instruction, which I enjoyed.

First off, welcome to THP.
I have personally not done any lessons online, outside of putting instruction, which I enjoyed.

Thank you!!! I was looking at getting them but didn't know if anyone had experience with them.

What would be the benefit over seeing a local professional that can have physical contact? Im asking genuinely as I dont know.

Welcome to the club! I did the SeeMore putting lessons online where I would submit a video and they would send it back with instruction and drills to work on. Don't know if they still do that or not.

What would be the benefit over seeing a local professional that can have physical contact? Im asking genuinely as I dont know.

IMO it would be a mixture of convenience and making sure that I am finding the right pro for me.... their are sites like mylessonapp.com and skillest that offer them.... they are also a little more cost effective. In Austin, there are SO many instructors but there really isn't a way for me to tell which one is right for me before forking over $75+ for one lesson, and even then you can't really tell from one lesson.

Welcome to the club! I did the SeeMore putting lessons online where I would submit a video and they would send it back with instruction and drills to work on. Don't know if they still do that or not.

That's awesome!! SeeMore is my wand of choice as well.

IMO it would be a mixture of convenience and making sure that I am finding the right pro for me.... their are sites like mylessonapp.com and skillest that offer them.... they are also a little more cost effective. In Austin, there are SO many instructors but there really isn't a way for me to tell which one is right for me before forking over $75+ for one lesson, and even then you can't really tell from one lesson.

I see that. I also see the benefit of having an instructor there at the time of swing and contact rather than submit a video, wait for instruction and then go to the range and hope you are mimicking.
I dont doubt that they have their place, and I am sure tons of golfers have found success with it...Just different philosophies

I see that. I also see the benefit of having an instructor there at the time of swing and contact rather than submit a video, wait for instruction and then go to the range and hope you are mimicking.
I dont doubt that they have their place, and I am sure tons of golfers have found success with it...Just different philosophies

Absolutely!! That's why I was leaning to try MyLessonapp.com .... the lesson is 30 minutes of live streaming with the coach so they can watch and give feedback in real time... that seems better to me than submitting a video and waiting.

Absolutely!! That's why I was leaning to try MyLessonapp.com .... the lesson is 30 minutes of live streaming with the coach so they can watch and give feedback in real time... that seems better to me than submitting a video and waiting.

Is that different than going to a local pro other than you don’t have to worry about tech? You are still auditioning teacher I would believe, right?

I would never dissuade lessons, I think it’s great.

Is that different than going to a local pro other than you don’t have to worry about tech? You are still auditioning teacher I would believe, right?

I would never dissuade lessons, I think it’s great.

It seems the experience is very similar to going to a local pro except it will be less $$ and I will know what I am getting rather than auditioning. I have a pro that I go to who I found on thumbtack but is a little more $ than I would like-- Ideally I want a lesson every 2 weeks in the off season to get ready!!!

I have tried an online lesson probably a year and a half ago with George Gankas. It was pretty informative and broke down my swing and things to look for. Also attached videos to drill on and things to help with some problem areas. Able to send in videos to him for about a week to make sure you were doing the right things. I do think it would be more beneficial to see a local pro for continuity of learning and physically being present.

I have done both online lessons as well as in person lessons. I took an online lesson with Chris Ryan. Turnaround time from when I submitted my videos to me getting a response was pretty quick. He broke down a couple of problem areas and gave me a drill or two to work on. I found it very convenient and he was great to work with but honestly I get way more out of working with a pro in person.

I would do some research pick out a few and talk with them to see if they are a good fit for you. Good luck

Back