Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
That is incredible in my mind, unless the manufacturers have a stock of pretty common combinations and then just apply a bend here or there to get them out the door!
I wouldn't call my combinations common. I wouldn't call them exotic either though, really. Even my Apex MB order at the end of last year (longer, flatter, heavier, etc) only took a couple weeks. I think that was shortly before they ran out of Z Softs and a whole bunch of shafts.

Roadrunner

Golf More Better!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I expected a delay from Mizuno, which ended up being six weeks from ordering date. However, I received my TM Sim2 MAX exactly one week after ordering it. Guess it depends on the company - I keep hearing about massive delays with Ping items.

rumstove

Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
I was thinking about getting new irons this year but I haven't yet. At this point, for me, ordering clubs now would be crazy as I'd probably get them about the same time I'm pulling out the snowblower to do preseason maintenance haha. Maybe not quite that long, but still. Clubs, kayaks, bikes...all the fun summer stuff is difficult to find right now.

At this point I'll wait until next season to see what new stuff comes out, unless I find something used that works well for me.

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The craziest thing I have seen is at the Sea Ray store in Louisville. I had to get a new battery for our boat. They have a completely empty show room the week of Memorial Day except for a pontoon someone has already bought and they had 3 $500,000+ cabin cruisers out on the back lot. A guy walks in to buy a boat and the sales guy tells him we don't have any. So the guys says can I give you five or six thousand to put me on the list for the next boats that come in? The sales guy says yeah, but with the waiting list we already have I am not sure you will get a boat this summer. o_O
A buddy of mine works for an equipment rental company. He just got a new truck before Christmas, but he's the top mileage guy in the company. Like 350,000+ kms per vehicle. We were talking a few weeks back and he told me they had ordered him another truck but that it wouldn't be in until 2023.:sick:

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+0.7
My brother just took a chance on an eBay putter rather than order to his specs because he was told between June and October. I haven’t even thought about ordering this year. Not because of the delays tho.

Gyro25

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wasn't in the market to buy much of anything this year.. a buddy is waiting about 2 months now for a club, and the contest driver I was fit for said 4-6 weeks so maybe by end of June

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 4.8
I was going to buy 921 Forged until I heard 8-10 week delays. Not willing to wait that long.

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hubris
i can say that after my 3W was pushed back further (so now the GBB Epic 3W is back in), i canceled...and i won't be ordering anything for a while. that's probably a good thing, tho.

Last edited:

Colt

Two is one and one is none
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: ????
I just bought a set of i200 irons off of eBay that were in great condition and just so happened to perfectly be matched to my fitting specs. Was gonna go i210, but there is absolutely no excuse to be 10+ weeks out on a simple set of irons.

Puttmaster

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.1
Uhhhh .... mmmm ... no. :whistle:

hedley_lamarr08

Usually pessimistic but randomly hopeful
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m still waiting on my Morgan Cup clubs to arrive. I was about to order a set of King Tours when I found out I won the Golden Ticket. Got so much more for way so much less. I’d love to have them in hand and will one day so… worth the delay.

HarlettoScara

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.7 WHS
I've been lucky, the MC has meant that I've not even looked at new sticks this year, and the delays are just part of he process. Had I not had the clubs on the way, then I would have definitely held off until things were a little more settled. Either that or just buy off the rack.

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I ordered my ‘21 Apex Pro’s & hybrid shortly after release and believe took about 8 weeks but with our early start (< 2 weeks) in mid-April then another 6 week lockdown I didn’t miss much time. I kept all my old equipment anyway until new stuff arrived so always had something to play. I believe anything I have ordered custom from OEM has always been minimum 4 weeks so delay this year was not a big deal to me given couldn’t play them anyway. Now if the golf season has been open since beginning of April I probably would’ve been a little bit disappointed.

Phil75070

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.8
Being a "Callaway guy" and not one to need the latest and greatest, Callaway Preowned has been a great option. Being in Texas, it is next day delivery!

Luchnia

The secret to golf is to defy age and gravity!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haven't really ordered anything new as I knew it would take forever to get anything until things get back closer to normal.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in