Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

That is incredible in my mind, unless the manufacturers have a stock of pretty common combinations and then just apply a bend here or there to get them out the door!
I wouldn't call my combinations common. I wouldn't call them exotic either though, really. Even my Apex MB order at the end of last year (longer, flatter, heavier, etc) only took a couple weeks. I think that was shortly before they ran out of Z Softs and a whole bunch of shafts.

I expected a delay from Mizuno, which ended up being six weeks from ordering date. However, I received my TM Sim2 MAX exactly one week after ordering it. Guess it depends on the company - I keep hearing about massive delays with Ping items.

I was thinking about getting new irons this year but I haven't yet. At this point, for me, ordering clubs now would be crazy as I'd probably get them about the same time I'm pulling out the snowblower to do preseason maintenance haha. Maybe not quite that long, but still. Clubs, kayaks, bikes...all the fun summer stuff is difficult to find right now.

At this point I'll wait until next season to see what new stuff comes out, unless I find something used that works well for me.

The craziest thing I have seen is at the Sea Ray store in Louisville. I had to get a new battery for our boat. They have a completely empty show room the week of Memorial Day except for a pontoon someone has already bought and they had 3 $500,000+ cabin cruisers out on the back lot. A guy walks in to buy a boat and the sales guy tells him we don't have any. So the guys says can I give you five or six thousand to put me on the list for the next boats that come in? The sales guy says yeah, but with the waiting list we already have I am not sure you will get a boat this summer. o_O
A buddy of mine works for an equipment rental company. He just got a new truck before Christmas, but he's the top mileage guy in the company. Like 350,000+ kms per vehicle. We were talking a few weeks back and he told me they had ordered him another truck but that it wouldn't be in until 2023.:sick:

My brother just took a chance on an eBay putter rather than order to his specs because he was told between June and October. I haven’t even thought about ordering this year. Not because of the delays tho.

I wasn't in the market to buy much of anything this year.. a buddy is waiting about 2 months now for a club, and the contest driver I was fit for said 4-6 weeks so maybe by end of June

I was going to buy 921 Forged until I heard 8-10 week delays. Not willing to wait that long.

i can say that after my 3W was pushed back further (so now the GBB Epic 3W is back in), i canceled...and i won't be ordering anything for a while. that's probably a good thing, tho.

Last edited:
I just bought a set of i200 irons off of eBay that were in great condition and just so happened to perfectly be matched to my fitting specs. Was gonna go i210, but there is absolutely no excuse to be 10+ weeks out on a simple set of irons.

Uhhhh .... mmmm ... no. :whistle:

I’m still waiting on my Morgan Cup clubs to arrive. I was about to order a set of King Tours when I found out I won the Golden Ticket. Got so much more for way so much less. I’d love to have them in hand and will one day so… worth the delay.

I've been lucky, the MC has meant that I've not even looked at new sticks this year, and the delays are just part of he process. Had I not had the clubs on the way, then I would have definitely held off until things were a little more settled. Either that or just buy off the rack.

I ordered my ‘21 Apex Pro’s & hybrid shortly after release and believe took about 8 weeks but with our early start (< 2 weeks) in mid-April then another 6 week lockdown I didn’t miss much time. I kept all my old equipment anyway until new stuff arrived so always had something to play. I believe anything I have ordered custom from OEM has always been minimum 4 weeks so delay this year was not a big deal to me given couldn’t play them anyway. Now if the golf season has been open since beginning of April I probably would’ve been a little bit disappointed.

Being a "Callaway guy" and not one to need the latest and greatest, Callaway Preowned has been a great option. Being in Texas, it is next day delivery!

Haven't really ordered anything new as I knew it would take forever to get anything until things get back closer to normal.

Sorry to dig up an older (slightly) thread, but I have (had) 3 boxes shipped from Callaway since the 23rd of Feb as follows:

Shaft from Texas - 23 Feb, supposed to be delivered today
Putter from Mexico - 24 Feb, received yesterday
Driver from Mexico - 28 Feb, may be out for delivery today (it's at the local airport).

Now I don't really have a strong complaint on any of them but I do not understand UPS' and for that matter Fedex and USPS logisitics (I guess). I myself have in logsitics off and on for about 25 years - so some experience.

What I guess I have main issues with is why did the putter go to KY as point of entry where the driver went to VA - shipped from same origin to same destination. I get that the Mexico items shipped at a faster clip - but shaft from TX, had a planned deliver of 26 Feb, actual (if it happens) 1 March. On 26 Feb it still showed as planned delivery, then late afternoon (I think) it went to gosh we are not sure, we'll let you know - and here it shows it's in my county, but still not 'out for delivery'.

For me, in this area, USPS has been top notch - maybe the fact that I post and leave for my mail person outgoing packages makes me appreciate them more, but still, most of the dates are accurate and things get where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there.

Fedex has been a huge mess for the last year+ and I have not seen any improvement (sadly) other than overnight service.

How does Amazon do it so successfully and so well - and keep prices so reasonable? I had to obtain new hearing aid tubes, not a big deal, not a big ticket item, and likely not on shelves nationwide. Ordered them Sunday late afternoon (something line $10), arrived Monday. If I had gone to my audiologist (another story altogether), much more costly and I need an appointment.

Ok I'm finished for now - used this thread to whine/question rather than starting yet another new shipping thread).

And yes, I get we are still in a pandemic (no matter what we choose to call it), and there is a war on, both events that are far greater and far more important than my getting new golf stuff. Continue to stay safe everyone.

Apparently, delays have not distracted me from my appointed duty to keep the industry busy. As to Callaway, it is good to live in Texas. Only takes 3 days from shipping notification via Mexico to delivery.

Yes, that's part of the issue - 3 days to you, between 5 and 2 or 3 to me (and we half a country away from each other - sheer nonsense - I will say that the customs part of it probably adds a day?

I’m trying to be understanding. I have an order out for almost 4 weeks now. It’s part of the instant gratification. I can say much as a guy who eats a lot of food that is handed to me through a window.

Nice, we've given up on window food, but we do chinese about 1 every week or 2, and we are not averse to ready made from Wegman's or Costco! I too sympathize with orders that are out there, I have one that has been on order since about mid Jan - but it will arrive (soon I hope!).

I am waiting on new irons from Cobra. I will be shocked if I have them in 6 weeks from release.

Nice, we've given up on window food, but we do chinese about 1 every week or 2, and we are not averse to ready made from Wegman's or Costco! I too sympathize with orders that are out there, I have one that has been on order since about mid Jan - but it will arrive (soon I hope!).
I can drop 20 pounds in a month and get sick quickly if I don’t watch. Under 190lbs I look like Powder. If I don’t hate the food I use the “it will make a 💩 “ I’m ordering a Mizuno driver after my 4 hours of sleep today. I’ll wait on it. I want to try it.

Moderately. I bought a few new clubs this year but they were off the rack options. 2/3 I was fit for. I probably won’t do any other fittings until things go back to normal. I’d like to get a new 60° but the shaft I like is backordered for months

It didn't turn me off, but it is definitely frustrating.

It could affect my purchases.

I general trade in my old equipment for the new purchase, so if it’s going to be 8 weeks, that could mean not having clubs for much of the season. I would have to pass if that were the case.

Back