Has the world gone mad?!

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was on my run yesterday evening, slowly moving along with my uneven, limping strides, when I see a car blow through the 4 way stop 100ft ahead of me. They did briefly slow down in the middle of the intersection before thinking better of it and flew down the street turning into a neighborhood without using a turn signal! Immediately several thoughts ran through my head:
  • Has the world gone mad? Is this the post-covid apocalyptic way of life? Can I ignore stop signs all together? What about red lights? Do speed limits even apply anymore?
  • I wonder if I looked so haggard running that they thought I was a zombie and sped off to get away...
  • Bees!
  • Maybe they just suck at driving?
The world may never know!

I've seen several stories of people intentionally coughing on produce at the grocery stores (one was arrested for terrorism I believe). When it comes to what people in this world are capable of, nothing much surprises me anymore...

Welcome to California!

That's an every day occurrence in Staten Island haha. My wife used to live in Staten Island and when I first started driving in SI I couldn't believe the number of folks that just completely ignored red lights/stop signs/solid double lines.

I was on my run yesterday evening, slowly moving along with my uneven, limping strides, when I see a car blow through the 4 way stop 100ft ahead of me. They did briefly slow down in the middle of the intersection before thinking better of it and flew down the street turning into a neighborhood without using a turn signal! Immediately several thoughts ran through my head:
  • Has the world gone mad? Is this the post-covid apocalyptic way of life? Can I ignore stop signs all together? What about red lights? Do speed limits even apply anymore?
  • I wonder if I looked so haggard running that they thought I was a zombie and sped off to get away...
  • Bees!
  • Maybe they just suck at driving?
The world may never know!

Stop signs? I've run a few thousand miles over the past few years and I'll say that the vast majority of people do not stop for stop signs.

So some people suck? Yup. They were sucking before this too.

I'm thinking the terrible drivers are more visible these days as they tend to be the same selfish asshats who ignore shelter in place orders because rules don't apply to them unless it affects them personally. When things do affect them, they're first in line with their hand out for help.

Glad you were 100ft away, btw, and not in the crosswalk. That would be a terrible twist of fate after yesterdays news.

I’m really surprised nobody went with bees. That was my third guess. I’m sure they were fantastic people who were just trying to get away from the bees and/or really slow zombie jogger limping towards them.

1585326646376.gif

I bet they were driving on the wrong side of the road as well.

I bet they were driving on the wrong side of the road as well.

I’m not sure where sidewalk falls in terms of right or wrong side...

I am essential, so I still commute to work a few times a week. The freeways are race tracks! I was going with the flow of traffic at 75 MPH. mind you it's posted 55. Yet there were 20+ drivers weaving through, using all lanes going 90+ MPH!

I was going to say zombie, but around here we would have came to screeching halt, rolled down the window & shot you then blew the 4 way stop. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Got it - wait until I’m healed and no longer have a zombie-like gait or else no running in your neck of the woods!
1585327773692.gif

Given the events of the past...10 days...somebody running a stop sign wouldn't be the "has the world gone mad" breaking point.

First - It's not "post-covid" because we are right in the middle of this thing. And the way it's being handled it is going to get worse before it gets better. Second - As much as I want to be out and about I try to stay home as much as possible, because PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.

If that kind of driving bothers you, then you'd better stay out of north St. Louis city. Red lights mean absolutely nothing around here. I work in north STL, and even after almost four years here am still amazed literally every day how many people just completely ignore red lights. Even school buses! It's insane. Most people are just sh*tty drivers.

The madness hasn't really begun. Wait until they extend the lockdown.

AC814611-04AA-4265-9D43-EB0D85E895A9.gif
If I didn’t think the world had gone mad, I do now...

Back