Has This Ever Happened To You? Am I Over Reacting?

The starter was totally wrong in this and as others have said you deserved a free round for both of you.

Fair enough. Like I said there is some subjectivity to this and I can totally see your point. For what it is worth, I agree with you. I would never ever object to someone being added to my group. Ever. I could just see that it being a nice gesture to your regular players. Thats all.
I agree wholeheartedly. Rarely has that happened, but just know in the essence of speeding up play & not clogging up the course, you are subject to having a single added. Who knows ... you might run into one of us nice THP'ers out on the course & learn a thing or two. :ROFLMAO:

I agree wholeheartedly. Rarely has that happened, but just know in the essence of speeding up play & not clogging up the course, you are subject to having a single added. Who knows ... you might run into one of us nice THP'ers out on the course & learn a thing or two. :ROFLMAO:
Unless they run into you, then don't take any advice ;)

Unless they run into you, then don't take any advice ;)
I can definitely tell you what NOT to do. Remind me to play a course that you don't know & I do (good luck with that in NVA anyway) ... I'll make sure to tell you exactly where to hit it. :rolleyes:

I can definitely tell you what NOT to do. Remind me to play a course that you don't know & I do (good luck with that in NVA anyway) ... I'll make sure to tell you exactly where to hit it. :rolleyes:
We need to get out to BG soon before it gets real cold!

As a side note I hate the golfers who book a tee time for 2 and expect to play alone. You want to play alone pay for 4 people.
Why? Don't two people generally play twice as fast as four? So, unless the course is stacked like the OP mentioned (I would not play under those conditions, anyway), why does it matter?

Mind you: I'm new. And I've played only six times. But, of those six: Three were just the two of us and another two were three of us.

You are a real mensch not to be upset. I hope the pro gave you a voucher for a free round.

Isn't "annoyed" kind of a synonym for upset? Reminds me of taking my Mom out for Mother's Day dinner quite a few years ago. It had been 5 or 6 years since we last tried at this place, and the bookings were all hosed up! The front end person didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. Long story short, the situation had not changed in all that time! Maybe it's time to get of that starter and hire someone who knows what they're doing!

Isn't "annoyed" kind of a synonym for upset? Reminds me of taking my Mom out for Mother's Day dinner quite a few years ago. It had been 5 or 6 years since we last tried at this place, and the bookings were all hosed up! The front end person didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. Long story short, the situation had not changed in all that time! Maybe it's time to get of that starter and hire someone who knows what they're doing!
Personally I put upset on the scale above annoyed, but that's just me

You had every right to be annoyed! The person in charge of the pro shop should have done something for you to compensate for putting your twosome out late.

Why? Don't two people generally play twice as fast as four? So, unless the course is stacked like the OP mentioned (I would not play under those conditions, anyway), why does it matter?

Mind you: I'm new. And I've played only six times. But, of those six: Three were just the two of us and another two were three of us.
No. On and empty course 2 is faster then 4 but not twice as fast. If the course is empty then it is a non issue. I takes 1 person the same amount of time as 4 to drive or walk to said golf ball. From there you can add maybe 20-30 seconds per shot per player if they are not fast. If the tee sheet is full and they don't pair up groups then it might cost a course $500+ a day just by not pairing up 1 time an hour.

My course has been slammed from covid and we went. Even nice weather weekday rounds you have better had a a tee time several days in advance to find a spot for 4. We are up like 20% in rounds year over year and that is with April being not staffed closing at 5pm and the rest of the year only having 6 slots per hour for a 4 some compared to 8 slots an hour last year. Unless it is raining then we are packed 7 days a week this year. Sadly NE Ohio is just about done for golf for the year

Wow, that is a head scratcher! I would have been annoyed as well!

Back