Has your drinking increased with being cooped up at home?

Have you had more alcoholic beverages recently?

• Increased

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Decreased

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • The same

Votes: 58 47.5%

• Total voters

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have recently started having a drink, or 2 or 3 after getting out of the home office! I have not drank this much at home, maybe ever besides college. The wife and I had tacos and margarita night on Monday and we almost cashed a bottle of tequila. Last night I had a Captain Coke.

Have you seen in increase?

I smashed 28 beers in 2 days, my wife threw a huge fit. I don’t see the problem here, nothing else to do.

I've stayed the same. I try to only drink 2-3 nights a week and I've been maintaining that.

without a doubt. The home office is the most stressful place I've ever worked in.

Not working at home but am at home a lot more due to golf course being closed. Still do my same 3 or 4 beers on Friday and Saturday nights. 2 nights a week has always been enough for me.

I’ve maintained the 1-2 drinks on nights I have a drink. But that may be because I’m wrapping up a few projects around the house. Once those projects are done and it’s straight to the SkyTrak after I shut down, we’ll see if that number increases.

Funny I just threw an empty 5th of makers away tonight!

100% yes. My wife mentioned tonight that we hadn’t had alcohol in 2 days!!

Then we split a bottle of wine :)

I have recently started having a drink, or 2 or 3 after getting out of the home office! I have not drank this much at home, maybe ever besides college. The wife and I had tacos and margarita night on Monday and we almost cashed a bottle of tequila. Last night I had a Captain Coke.

Have you seen in increase?
I usually only have a drink or two after a round of golf, or a few beers when out to dinner or with friends, or at tailgates or bbq’s. Never drink at home after work or anything. But while getting supplies at the local target last week bought some bud light seltzer, and started having a few each evening. Then started using it as my post workout recovery drink the last few days...lol helps me take the afternoon nap.

Making dole whips tonight with rum for desert

Mine has gone down. not meeting at bars after MTB ride/golf/or just because. plus reduced drinking should, in theory, boost my immune system.

I worked as a cocktail waitress and bartender during college. Haven't been a big drinker since.

I have had the, "I am a socially responsible adult. Is {insert whatever time you want, I've had the thought} too early to start drinking during this time of crisis?"

*cracks beer* "It's for research honey! The guys need to know!"

I drink just as much water and coffee now as before i started working from the house

I am assuming we are talking about a alcohol based beverage.?

My beverage count has actually decreased. We used to go to some local watering holes to visit with friends, kill a few pitchers of beer, and listen to live bands. This would happen two, or three times a week.

Right now I might drink three, or four cans of beer per 7 day week.

Obviously there is also the normal, daily intake of water, juices, and an occassional soda.

*hiccup*

What?

Nope but....if Lynchburg wasn't in a dry county I would volunteer to shelter in place in Tennessee. 🙃

starting to ramp up now. Not having to get up as early being a major part of it.... and being home with the kids.

About the same, not have a drink for days or a week or two then get the bumbu feeling and have a couple. Had a couple tonight but it was medicinal, the wife guilted me into doing yard work. Specifically rebuilding the fire pit, i hate yard work..

Committed to have zero alcohol until this is over. Less exercise than normal, if situation changes quickly I want to be sober, in case we catch the virus I want my immune system to be as good as it can be. Coffee consumption on the other hand is waaaay up.

Mine has gone down. not meeting at bars after MTB ride/golf/or just because. plus reduced drinking should, in theory, boost my immune system.
^^^This. I may not live longer, but it sure seems longer.

The longer I am stuck at home by myself with my kids the more my consumption may go up. It was just announced that school is off until May, I better buy stock in Crown Royal.

Back