Has your drinking increased with being cooped up at home?

Have you had more alcoholic beverages recently?

• Increased

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Decreased

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • The same

Votes: 58 47.5%

• Total voters
I have drank less, I have to watch my kids all day...

I don't drink a lot as it is so there's no change for me... plus my state isn't in lockdown yet but I'm not venturing out much besides to and from work

My town will start Shelter In Place tomorrow. I had gone out to drop off my taxes.drove past a liquor store and the line was outside the door in the rain.
when this is over you don’t want to deal with 10-15 extra pounds. As a child of an alcoholic I suggest you think a bit about who else you effect when you can’t leave the house. I drink on the weekend but don’t want to change my routines.

Don't drink so the same. Did have my buddy get me a dab pen though. Ran out of gummies and was going to CO in April, but that got cancelled. It has helped zapping all the anxiety and bringing me back to the present tremendously. We have also been doing a couple of puzzles. Puzzle time is a form of meditation IMO as it saps the stress right out.

I don’t really drink a ton to begin with and almost never at home. I am more likely to have a couple drinks in the course then anywhere else and even then not a ton. I am not really isolating myself at home either though as it is not really necessary here. I am not running around for no reason either. I spent the day at home yesterday and probably will today just because weather is not great and business is slow now for me. Tomorrow and Friday the weather will be a lot better and I will probably head to the golf course. But no real change in my alcohol consumption.

Easily. Used to be a few beers every other night. Now, I crack one after I walk in the door.

I rarely drink...maybe a glass of wine or beer at a restaurant once in a blue moon. So no, not at all. Don't even have any alcohol in the house.

I worked as a cocktail waitress and bartender during college. Haven't been a big drinker since.

I did the same thing. I was a cocktail waitress in college and just out of college on evenings and weekends to make extra money. I haven't been a drinker since probably age 23. I maybe have 5 drinks a year now.

I am not a drinker. Never like the tastes of beer.

My wife on the other hand has probably increased with me home all day.

I project a lot of babies and divorces coming in the future because of the virus.

I have actually only had 2 glasses of bourbon 2 nights ago. I rarely drink at home so I guess my intake is about the same. I have plenty of booze but drinking alone isn't my idea of fun.

I'm about the same. Crack a few beers after 5:00. I take every February off though and I wonder what I'd do if this was Feb.

I’m enjoying the time spent with family which curbs the appeal to increase alcohol consumption. The wife and I will have a casual White Claw from time to time. 😂

This is a funny thread. No, my “home” drinking has stayed the same....an occasional red wine w dinner, an occasional bourbon post dinner. I’d say on avg I may have “A” drink or two 2 nights a week.

Not yet but it probably will soon.
Two much time together for my wife and I.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but familiarity breeds contempt---isn't that the old saying?

My drinking stayed the same, so has my wife's, she dont drink:p

Been about the same, although we're only 3 days into the "Stay at home" order ….. next week may be a different story

Mine has stayed the same. Ive kind of imposed upon myself sticking to the routine of only drinking on the weekends. As someone who grew up in Wisconsin, where the tavern league is the strongest lobbyist group in the state and where a regular Tuesday for us is like the wildest night of anyone else's life, Im all too family with how easy it is to slip into alcoholism.
I fear that a lot of people will find themselves slipping into that because its all too easy to drink every day because youre at home anyways and who cares if you have a beer or 3 while youre telecommuting from your home office?

Probably more, working from home with the wife working from home while trying to watch the 4 kids, making us both drink more.

Nope. Not at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I like an adult beverage as much as anyone, perhaps more so. I gave it up for Lent. I have allowed myself a few dispensations, though. If I hadn't given it up for Lent, my intake would almost certainly be up. Some buddies have either a Facetime or Zoom happy hour almost every day, and I have been a good boy.

Nope, have not increased my drinking. But a Fireball a day keeps the Corona away ! (y)

Like some others have mentioned-- the more work sucks, the more I tend to drink. (work right now feels like getting kicked in the gut repeatedly by Frank Dux)

Back