Has your drinking increased with being cooped up at home?

Have you had more alcoholic beverages recently?

• Increased

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • Decreased

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • The same

Votes: 58 47.5%

• Total voters
I don’t accept the poll as being scientific and valid. The people (like me) are too drunk to respond.

We've been doing Zoom "happy hours". Some of the guys have been WFH for a week or more now and because we can't catch up now and then for after work drinks Zoom seems to work well. Except for the fact that it's easy and those who have been at home are dying for outside contact. We might have met once a week or two for drinks after work, we're holding at every other day for happy hour so I'm definitely seeing an increase.

I can state with 100% accuracy that, in general, more people are drinking at home than they were a just a couple of weeks ago. Part of that might just be the boredom of being at home, but mostly because the restaraunts and bars are shut down, so they are getting their own and drinking at home. Difficult to say if that is more or less than usual, just that they are doing it at home.

I really don't drink at home very often, and when we go out to dinner I may have a drink or two. Well since this quarantine we haven't been out to eat at all. I have not had a single drink even though we have a stocked bar. Maybe I'll pick up a six-pack of beer just because.

I enjoy drinking beer when I’m doing something, golf, cooking, cleaning the garage. My drinking has decreased along with my level of activity.

My son works at a package store and it worries me. Worries him too but I remind him that he does important work. Now that might sound like I'm joking sarcastically but I'm dead serious. Tobacco too is important. I don't smoke anymore but when I did it would cause me panic to not have cigs. This is no time for stressed people to get shorted out of either.

surprisingly no... I haven't had anything, but I am much more of a social drinker.

I never drank much at home to begin with so it hasn't changed. I only seem to drink in social situations. I'm all grown'd up now I guess.

x 10000000.

It doesn't help that I took another job back home, and my 3 weeks off I built in will all be spent in quarantine with nothing to do but chill in my brother's basement. Video games, booze, and the occasional exercise routine are pretty much my days right now.

x 10000000.

It doesn't help that I took another job back home, and my 3 weeks off I built in will all be spent in quarantine with nothing to do but chill in my brother's basement. Video games, booze, and the occasional exercise routine are pretty much my days right now.
That sounds glorious!

Oddly it appears to be a Bumbu day, and a cigar after dinner. This stay at home yard work thing is not fun but the bumbu helps with the sore muscles so I will again say it is medicinal.
Went to Lowe's and got 116 Pavers to finish the fire pit area.
Not a lot of people there but everyone was staying apart and things seems orderly and correct. Cashiers wearing gloves, etc.

I'm nightly on the beers now, used to be maybe one a week. Stress drinking is real.

I am not a drinker. Never like the tastes of beer.

My wife on the other hand has probably increased with me home all day.

I project a lot of babies and divorces coming in the future because of the virus.
😂 I told my wife we would be pregnant again if it was possible. We have had sex 6 or 7 times in the last week and a half. Way better than staring at my phone worrying about stuff.

I moved my happy hour up from 6 o'clock to 5 o'clock.

I had to buy 2 weeks worth of booze twice this week!

I feel like the frequency has increased but the amount each day hasn’t

No change for me as i rarely drink.

The same, I think I enjoy it more though. I'm surfing golf and fishing sites right now with my double and will grill out and listen to music in a moment. A few moments away from the world we currently live in and super greatful.

Like others have said, I minimize my risk. Last trip to the liquor store I bought 3 months of bourbon

It’s increased a good amount. The good news is that I have this awesome tumbler so the kids don’t constantly ask what I am drinking.
A2A9D51D-C87E-45CF-AA16-76087730CDEB.jpeg

I am one of the poor souls who still has to go to work every day. My drinking might have increased as a stress coping mechanism, but it may have evened out because I dont drink when I dont feel well and that has been often these past few weeks. (not sick just exhausted and getting tension headaches from stress)

Very slight increase out of boredom but I’ve entirely avoided the heavy stuff. My one beer after work became two (and three once) but I’ve left all the good stuff out of sight. Honestly I’d love to give it up but I’m not sure when.

ill be a full blown raging alcoholic when this is all done

Back