Hats of all Kinds - Are You a Hat Person?

I wear a hat every time I leave the house. It must be fitted, not flex fit those can burn in hell. I do like the low profile crown baseball style. My wife makes fun of me for the amount of time in picking a hat, it can take me months to decide on a new one.

Last edited:
Always wear a hat. Prefer the baseball type cap.

I guess this is a multi part question.

1. Do you wear hats? If no, what do you wear (if anything)
2. Are you picky about the style of hat you wear?
3. Do you like club OEM branded hats, or do you sway toward style/function/personal meaning, etc?
4. What color hat do you prefer?
1. Every time I walk out the door.
2. Somewhat. Baseball style, rounded bill (no flat bills) not a fan of snap backs but will wear if it's comfy & cool.
3. Yes to all the above
4. Any color if it looks good.

1. Yes wear hats almost always
2. Ball cap curved brim
3. Any will do, mostly have golf OEM's and a lot from my building suppliers
4. Dark (navy, black )

I don't often wear hats as everyday apparel, but always wear them when golfing. Also wear them when boating. For golfing it's either ball caps or brimmed hats. For boating it's either ball caps or straw cowboy hats.

Yes. Ball caps have to have a curved brim, prefer low/medium crown, either lightly structured or unstructured. Flex fit or cloth strap adjuster, no snapbacks. No trucker caps, and no visors, ever. For brimmed hats, prefer the outback-shaped "soaker" hats that can be wetted for cooling. For cowboy hats, either a cattleman or pinch-front style with the front of the brim turned down.

3. Do you like club OEM branded hats, or do you sway toward style/function/personal meaning, etc?
I'll wear OEM branded caps of brands I play. Also have some from courses I've played, events I've been to, etc. I'll wear some logo caps also - American flag, organizations I support, or just whatever I run across that looks cool.

Ball caps - usually black, blue, gray or tan, almost never white. Brimmed hats - usually some shade of tan/beige. Cowboy hats - neutral straw color or "distressed" look.

Not a hat person, but when needed from the hot sun or wind, I use them.

I am folicly challenged so I need to wear a hat. Prefer a ball cap style w/ curved bill. I can’t wear a flat bill cap (I would look like the old man trying to fit in🤨). I have a wide mix from OEM to just plain caps , it just depends what I grab when I head out the door.

1. Wear a hat 95% of my rounds.
2. Lately I’ve been liking unstructured or “dad hats”
3. I have a mix of golf brands, non golf brands, and sport teams.
4.like greys, blacks, and blues.

1 Yes I love hats
2. Yes I wear New Era 39Thirty style the most. That is a stretch fitted pre-curved bill hat
3. The only OEM hat I wear is Titleist because their standard hat that Justin Thomas wears is a 39Thirty New Era hat
4. I like all colors so my hat will match my outfit

1. Yes, regular ball cap, driver (paper boy) or visor. I will always have something on my head. Especially now with barber shops being closed.
2. Yes, I have a smaller head so fit and look is important to me.
3. Club OEM, and have a few Travis Mathew (TM is probably my go to).
4. Black, dark/light Grey, White - something solid in color.

1. Yeah I wear hats mostly because my eyes are pretty sensitive to light and it helps a bit.
2. I have a goofy shaped/sized head so it's tough to find one that looks decent so I would say yes.
3. I'm pretty open but like brands like Travis Mathew or Under Armour that aren't necessarily golf specific. TM hats tend to look decent on me.
4. I'm pretty open, whatever looks best with what I'm wearing I guess.

I just about pulled the trigger on a Greg Norman style straw hat in Myrtle, I wish I would have.

I guess this is a multi part question.

All the time.

Yes, I want unstructured on course/range, and structured when we are just going out somewhere.

See above. Want a flatter curve on the bill of out and about hats though.

Not really. Most fit me horribly (like the IMO terrible titleist hats).

White

1.) Yes. Usually I wear a flat cap but sometimes I will wear a baseball cap.
2.) Yes. I like flat caps but I like the more modern styled ones that are a bit sleeker and for baseball caps I dont like flat bills and I dont like ones where the dome is too high.
3.) I try not to, although I do have a few that are brande: Mizuno, Bridgestone, Srixon. Id probably buy a Tommy Armour or Maxfli hat if they made them.
4.) Im not too picky about color, I just dont want something that is too bright or flashy.

Yes I am a hat guy. Ball cap with curved bill usually. Hot days may see the Aussie style for more sun protection. I buy a lot of hats. Those that fit better get more time. Color to match what I’m wearing. I buy hats because I like it not because it’s a brand I use. 48F708CA-F23A-446C-89D8-252F23B4FACB.jpeg

Love hats,just very hard to find them to fit my big head.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1. Do you wear hats? If no, what do you wear (if anything):
Yes.
Yes, mostly fitted baseball cap style.
I dont typically buy any OEM branded hats.
Black is my preference.

Hats are a must for me when at the golf course. Generally always a mesh snapback and 90% of the time a Titleist lid. Can’t say I gravitate to any particular color as long as it grabs my eye and isn’t orange/white (can’t wear the colors of my teams rival...)

Here’s the current rotation:

Attachments

• ABA644BC-D979-4805-9BAC-D060080D5CB1.jpeg
    ABA644BC-D979-4805-9BAC-D060080D5CB1.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 7901F367-7210-46DF-B728-5F0991618654.jpeg
    7901F367-7210-46DF-B728-5F0991618654.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 848B9AA4-3CEB-472D-961E-1D8FDB0DEACB.jpeg
    848B9AA4-3CEB-472D-961E-1D8FDB0DEACB.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1
I wear baseball/golf hats on the field or on the course and other than that maybe up north around the fire. Never a flat bill, I am not a fan of high rise hats or unstructured hats either.

I wear a cap mostly.
Prefer Puma or Nike.
Ball cap is my style the others feel strange to me

I have more than my share of hats but I prefer a high crown visor. I have a few OEM of both but prefer getting them from courses that I enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few ball caps for sure but not really a "hat guy."

That being said when sailing or golfing i wear a Tilley hat, with a fairly wide brim (3-4 inches)

It's sort of a "Dad hat" but also has that cool Indiana Jones/Explorer vibe to it as well. The main reason i wear it it to keep the sun off the top of my ears, nose, and back of my neck, which most ball caps are useless for. I am somewhat fair-skinned, have moles, and have spent a lot of time in the sun and on the lake over the years. Trying to be good now that i'm in my mid/late thirties and curtail further skin damage. I'd really like to NOT get skin cancer if possible (as my dad did) and so wear this hat with SPF protection to prevent it. I also wear polarized shades, and am going to start going the "long sleeve" route in years ahead as i have sun damage on my forearm skin.

Yes i may look like a bit of a dork but i'm married and have two kids and want to do the right thing RE my health so i don't really care.

I wear a hat golfing almost every time.
I'm not picky on the style, baseball or now I've moved to the stiffer wide brim hats, like the one pictured because of skin cancer in my family. Hate Gilligan hats, as the brim is too small and floppy.
Does not have to be OEM, just have to like the style, color.
I have now gravitated towards white the most.
1586811815882.png

Pondering a bucket hat for this summer.

Back