I really like the look of the older ben hogan style hats, I've got one gray one and are hoping to grow the collection.

There was a kid on the course the other day wearing what looked like the Sligo plaid cap. I asked him if that's where it was from, and hed never heard of the brand--he'd bought in Scotland. And yes, he hit the ball a million miles.

I'm really digging the Pukka hat that THP sent up for the Midwest outing, super comfortable.

Monday, I wore a tan bucket hat for the first time in over a year. They don't look good, but my ears were very sore from being in the sun Saturday and Sunday. The protection came in handy.

Monday, I wore a tan bucket hat for the first time in over a year. They don't look good, but my ears were very sore from being in the sun Saturday and Sunday. The protection came in handy.

Maybe you could try one of the flat bill hats, you can just tuck your ears into it. It's all the rage with the younger crowd these days. LOL

My hat was dirty so I washed it in the washing machine at work.. bad idea. It's totally lost its nice shape.

Yeah, never put a hat in the washing machine...
Every new hat I buy (baseball cap style), the first thing I do is take a long warm shower with the hat on my head. Then make sure you're wearing it the entire time it dries, outside in the sun preferably. This will shrink it to the exact size of your head, perfect for those structured hats that sit too high in the front.
You can repeat the process when your hat gets too dirty, just scrub it clean while you're at it.

oh yeah and cheap too, you can get hats for $8-$10 bucks and shirts from $14-$18 bucks! I only tell you this cause your across country and I like you bogey but dont ever let me catch you in the Ross by my house! :D

they sell nike stuff at ross?

My hat was dirty so I washed it in the washing machine at work.. bad idea. It's totally lost its nice shape.
Try it in the dishwasher. Lids also sells those "Cap Buddies" that work great when cleaning them in the DW.

http://www.lids.com/pid/00705

Yeah, never put a hat in the washing machine...
Every new hat I buy (baseball cap style), the first thing I do is take a long warm shower with the hat on my head. Then make sure you're wearing it the entire time it dries, outside in the sun preferably. This will shrink it to the exact size of your head, perfect for those structured hats that sit too high in the front.
You can repeat the process when your hat gets too dirty, just scrub it clean while you're at it.
I like the shower idea, thanks for that one!

Try it in the dishwasher. Lids also sells those "Cap Buddies" that work great when cleaning them in the DW.

http://www.lids.com/pid/00705

I like the shower idea, thanks for that one!

I used the dishwasher myself. Just a spray a little shout it out or whatever on the stained part and it comes out nice and clean and the shape is not ruined :eek:)

I use one of those cap buddies in the washer, it seems to work pretty well. Never thought about putting it in the dishwasher.

oh yeah and cheap too, you can get hats for $8-$10 bucks and shirts from $14-$18 bucks! I only tell you this cause your across country and I like you bogey but dont ever let me catch you in the Ross by my house! :D

hahaha... youre secret is safe with me... i always thought ross was a ladies store... but ill check the local one... w00t

and that shower hat dry in the sun idea... im feeling this might be the "dent pee in your hands" type situation and ill let someone else take that route first... hahaha

Maybe you could try one of the flat bill hats, you can just tuck your ears into it. It's all the rage with the younger crowd these days. LOL

I look stupid enough on my own without doing something to enhance it. I swear that style takes 50 points off your IQ. :D

I dunno C-Tech, a nice florescent orange hat in that style with that shirt you wore at the outing, I think it would be interesting at least. We would never lose you on a golf course...LOL

and that shower hat dry in the sun idea... im feeling this might be the "dent pee in your hands" type situation and ill let someone else take that route first... hahaha
You could also just soak the hat in hot water then plop it on your head until it dries, no shower involved.
I've even used a method where you throw the hat in the oven at 200* for about five minutes. Then carefully take it out and put it on. As it cools, it'll shrink down to a perfect fit for your head.

You could also just soak the hat in hot water then plop it on your head until it dries, no shower involved.
I've even used a method where you throw the hat in the oven at 200* for about five minutes. Then carefully take it out and put it on. As it cools, it'll shrink down to a perfect fit for your head.

id much rather shower with my hat than put it on when its 200°... my head has enough scars/lumps/bumps... hahaha

I look stupid enough on my own without doing something to enhance it. I swear that style takes 50 points off your IQ. :D

Haha, my wife *of all people* bought me a flat bill before I left for Vegas to watch the Supercross so I have to rock it once in awhile even though it doesn't really work for me either.

I used to cut our that inner mesh stuff in baseball caps then wear it in the shower. It would fit pretty good after that.

Haha, my wife *of all people* bought me a flat bill before I left for Vegas to watch the Supercross so I have to rock it once in awhile even though it doesn't really work for me either.

Isn't that the same principle as the "Man Purse"? ROFLMAO!

So has anyone seen a place online to buy the Taylormade flex fit hat Dustin Johnson is wearing? I have been looking for that hat for years and the flex fits they sell are multiple colors.

They are not for sale, i read their reply on their facebook page earlier and they said Dustin uses the Flex fit company with their logos

I try and have some sort of association with my headwear and whats in the bag. I play titlest balls and have footjoy shoes and gloves so this is my current hat.
T_Black_Hat_LG.jpg

I have taylor made woods so I have a mesh taylormade hat(blue front white mesh back), also a taylor made visor(white, blue) and then a black mizuno visor.

but those are just my current rotation. I don't really wear hats in general, even though I have a ton of them. Since i live in omaha the CWS is a big thing so every summer I buy a hat of whichever team I think will win. I actually picked fresno state and oregon state(the first time).

I have that same hat! I love it even though I have nothing titleist lol i plan on getting a taylormade hat soon might even design one like Dustin johnsons I have a bunch of flat bill on the field MLB hats no new era symbol on the side or tuck in my ears crap lol and that's awesome that u live in Omaha. I love baseball! u need to buy you a tcu hat this time, they have been playing lights out lately and can hit the ball really really good! .340 team average and 92 homeruna this season and there 54-12 I think..

I have that same hat! I love it even though I have nothing titleist lol i plan on getting a taylormade hat soon might even design one like Dustin johnsons I have a bunch of flat bill on the field MLB hats no new era symbol on the side or tuck in my ears crap lol and that's awesome that u live in Omaha. I love baseball! u need to buy you a tcu hat this time, they have been playing lights out lately and can hit the ball really really good! .340 team average and 92 homeruna this season and there 54-12 I think..
Its a great hat, I found an orange one at golf galaxy yesterday so when I go in to have my 3 and 4 iron re-gripped tomorrow I might pick one up. as for the TCU hat I already picked it up this morning.

Back