Have you ever broken a window or hit a car, house etc. What did you do?

Shanked a ball over water in FL and shattered a tourist boats plate glass window in a million pieces. My homeowner's insurance paid every dime

I have hit into house roofs in the past, but fortunately no windows. I’ve never hit a parked car, but I did hook a drive into the side of a moving SUV. They briefly slowed down and then just kept driving.

We've looked at houses on golf courses. It's part of the price of admission. As many have said, there are special golf insurance programs. Most of the houses on our course that are in the danger zones either have plexiglass windows or have shutters. It's funny because a buddy lives on the course (I've tried many times to launch one in his pool, but he was smart and got a house that's not easy to reach), but he was saying others on his street have friends that complain when they visit and balls hit the roof then bounce off their cars in the driveway as they don't have golf insurance....

They ended up having a portion of the street reserved for visitors to homes in the danger zone :ROFLMAO:

I've hit two houses. Once on a punchout gone awry and once courtesy of a flushed tee shot followed by an enormous launch off a cartpath. Homeowner said no big deal on the first, no one was home on the second.

Witnessed a buddy shatter a window (through a TON of trees across a road LOLOLOLOLOL). Homeowner was not happy despite my buddy offering to pay for the replacement on the spot in cash.

When I played for the high school team we practiced at a links style course that had a busy 2 lane hwy that ran the left side of the 1st hole. This hwy was close to the course, I mean close. You had a target bunker and the bottom of the slope of the left side of the bunker was 3 rail fence then hwy. it probably wasn’t 50-75 yds from right edge of the bunker to centerline. A good pull hook and you could easily be bouncing your ball on pavement.

The most annoying part about the whole deal was that people driving by would see you in you back swing and entertain them by hooking the horn obsessively. On multiple occasions there may have been a few balls bounce off of cars who had been honking there horns at us. If the car was near the tee box when they honked you while traveling towards the landing area could about time it to where the ball either bounced right in front of the car, or landed on the car.

We had a couple of folks pull over and talk to us about how we intentionally tried to hit there car, and our response was always the sound of the horn scared us sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive hit plenty of houses haha. not sure if any damage was done..... never hit windows so i never really went over to check.....

I've hit my share of houses. Most my missed off the tee are left pulls with some draw. The first 4 holes on the back 9 at my home course are line with houses. Fortunately no damage that I know of. Never hit a car.

A former co-worker told me of a time his father was taken to small claims in the 80's for damage to a sliding glass door when he hit it after a drive. The judge ruled in favor of his father because the course was there years before the home was. The homeowner assumed the risk when he bought the home. I thought that was interesting. That was Northern California. Not sure if that is the case everywhere else.

So this thread had to make it back to the top page :beat-up: Earlier I admitted to blading a 9 iron through the side of my own boat garage. Never did tell my wife. Well idiots like me never learn:oops:. Fearing everything would shut down with covid, I bought a big net and mat earlier this spring. Erected it in the back yard ... and of course proceeded to sh**k a GW into one of my dining room windows on day 1. Heading up the stairs to assess damage I totally expected to find the hanging light fixture and/or china cabinet and for sure some of my wife's irreplaceable antiques shattered. Thankfully it just broke the outer pane but this is one my wife couldn't help but notice, along with the $300+ to get it repaired. :beat-up:

Was in college and a friend and I were chipping around his parents front yard. Bounced a ball off the front quarter panel of a guest who had come to visit his parents. Left a nice golf ball shaped dent. I told the lady what happened, she was perturbed but nice. Even though I was in college and had $0 to my name, I offered to pay. She said she would discuss with her husband. He said don’t worry about it
I think she was driving a fairly new Lexus. :eek:
Had a friend have his truck get hit on the fly while driving up to the golf course for a round. Hit the very front of the hood and left a dent. He stopped and the culprit pulled up in his cart but everyone decided it was no big deal. Said it scared the **** out of him though.

I have not (yet), but my dad has. He left his number on the door and paid for it later. He said he was lucky bc it was an inexpensive repair (under $100). Must have been small and/or single pane.

I've launched my share of balls into OB territory where I easily could have. To my knowledge, I've never actually done any damage.

I hit 2 houses with one shot once. Luckily it was their roofs where it bounced from one to another and no damage was done.

When in high school in the early 80's, I duck hooked a tee shot into the windshield of a car coming the other direction down the road bordering the course (Z-Boaz Municipal in Fort Worth, TX - no longer in existence). They stopped, I walked over offering my apologies, gave them my information, and informed them I would take care of it. Understandably, he asked me for my parent's contact information. Despite our family's homeowner's policy covering something like that, I paid for the windshield out of pocket since I was working a summer job at the time.

In college at Texas Tech, the course my friends and I played had a house about 175-200 yards off the tee to the right with solar panels facing the tee box. That never made a damn bit of sense to me. No telling how many times those panels were hit (never by me, of course, but I probably dumped a slice or two into their pool on occasion...).

Playing in a 3 man calcutta scramble. #9 with a street to the left of the fairway. Ol boy on the other team completely smother hooked it left then all the sudden a car comes rolling down the street towards our direction and in the direction of the ball. His ball hit square in the middle of dudes windshield. He slams the brakes, gets out leaving the car in the middle of the street, door wide open, starts sprinting, jumps the fence Olympic style, and is headed for the tee box yelling "whoever it was your f*cking dead!" Luckely we got him calmed down when he got up there. He said "dude it was like a bomb went off inside my car it was so loud" Ol boy took care of it. The teams behind us finished 8 and rolled up as things were calming down and heard it but couldnt see it.

Now everytime I play that hole I aim to the right side of the fairway and really dont care if it goes into the hazard on the right hand side lol

Playing Oak Creek Country Club in Sedona, AZ a few years ago and sliced a drive that hit the roof of a house along the fairway. It was for sale and vacant. I'm sure I wasn't the first or last to hit that house.

I haven't, but my first 'encounter' with golf was at age 8 with my dad driving through East Lansing. There was a golf course by MSU and a golf ball hit the windshield on the passenger side right where I was sitting!

When in high school in the early 80's, I duck hooked a tee shot into the windshield of a car coming the other direction down the road bordering the course (Z-Boaz Municipal in Fort Worth, TX - no longer in existence). They stopped, I walked over offering my apologies, gave them my information, and informed them I would take care of it. Understandably, he asked me for my parent's contact information. Despite our family's homeowner's policy covering something like that, I paid for the windshield out of pocket since I was working a summer job at the time.

In college at Texas Tech, the course my friends and I played had a house about 175-200 yards off the tee to the right with solar panels facing the tee box. That never made a damn bit of sense to me. No telling how many times those panels were hit (never by me, of course, but I probably dumped a slice or two into their pool on occasion...).
What course was this?

So this thread had to make it back to the top page :beat-up: Earlier I admitted to blading a 9 iron through the side of my own boat garage. Never did tell my wife. Well idiots like me never learn:oops:. Fearing everything would shut down with covid, I bought a big net and mat earlier this spring. Erected it in the back yard ... and of course proceeded to sh**k a GW into one of my dining room windows on day 1. Heading up the stairs to assess damage I totally expected to find the hanging light fixture and/or china cabinet and for sure some of my wife's irreplaceable antiques shattered. Thankfully it just broke the outer pane but this is one my wife couldn't help but notice, along with the $300+ to get it repaired. :beat-up:

About 15 years ago I was thinking about getting back into golf. So I would practice chipping in my back yard. We had a pool in the back yard. I used to practice chipping over it. One time I skulled one and put it right through the bedroom window. Fortunately, it was an old panel style window with glass panels 12"x12". And we were replacing all our windows with new dual pane windows. We had the windows on order and a week later they were installed. It was summer time and we had thick curtains. My wife never knew until I told her weeks later. Needless to say, I never chipped towards the house after that.

About 25 years ago, at the local driving range, they have an apartment complex with their parking lot right outside the boundary of the range. Well I smoked one pretty good and sliced it at the same time and it landed right on the hood of a car leaving I'm sure a nice dent. I didn't do anything about it and just went about my business. It caught up with me a couple years ago when I was exiting a private course who's driving range parallels the exit road that leads to the main street. A youngster must have hit it quite well and sliced it, pretty much the same way I did, and it hit the tailgate of my car and put a beautiful round dent in the back end. I drove back to have a word with the youngster who did it, him being a young gentleman about it admitted up to it, and I just said to forget about it and pretend like it didn't happen. He thanked me and I went about my way.

I’ve hit more houses than I have 50 foot putts in my life.

AFAIK I've gotten roof and maybe the side of a house, but (knock on wood) no glass was harmed in the making of those shots.

Closest I've come was a duck hook that seemed labelled for some sliding glass doors, but it somehow managed to find the metal post fence around the yard. Fences are 80% air!

It wasn't a car, but...my business partner spent a fair amount of coin on a new golf cart and drilled one of the wheels so hard with an errant tee shot that he broke the spokes on one wheel into several pieces.

I hit my own house on a ricochet last week messing around. It hit the siding and made a loud bang, but missed any glass.....I was puckered up for a few moment.:censored:

What course was this?
The course in Lubbock was Shadow Hills if I recall the name correctly. Long before they built the incredible Rawls course.

Not yet!:p My home course there is not much chance of being able to reach anything to cause damage. Other course I’ve just been lucky so far.

Back