Have you ever broken par?

ShootzGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
I shot a 1 under once. But that was twice around a nine hole course. Shot even par off the tips at a champ course. You?

Never even close. My goal is breaking 84 which is lowest round to date.

Net par :)

3 times. 71, 70, 69

1 over is my best. I did it a few times but not in quite a few years.... like fifteen!

Nope closest was +2...and it was back to back bogeys on 17 & 18.

Nope. 2 over is my PB. And I had 5 birdie opportunities that day from inside 15 that I didn’t make. Best ball striking day I think I have ever had.

Also made a terrible bogey on a par 5 sitting 2 in the fairway with a 6 iron in hand.

Yep. Probably about 20 - 25 times. 8 of them in 2019, including a PB of 66 (-6).

Broke par on the back 9, but that’s as close as I’ve gotten. Was over 40 on the front so still barely broke 80.

Many, many times. I've only been keeping a record of my scores for the last 3+ years or so, but trying to remember back to add those that are "undocumented"I would have to say definitely over 90 maybe close to 100 times.

Yes, one time, last year. I have shot even par multiple times.

I used to do it at least once a month during the season but that was 10 years ago when I played a lot of golf and played between 0-2. I have done it probably 30 times. Since I returned to playing 3 years ago my best is a 74 and that is at no more than 6600 yards.

73 is my best back in 1999

was -2 thru 9 two years ago, 41 on back :cautious:

Nope. 2 over is my PB. And I had 5 birdie opportunities that day from inside 15 that I didn’t make. Best ball striking day I think I have ever had.

Also made a terrible bogey on a par 5 sitting 2 in the fairway with a 6 iron in hand.
I swear we need a 'laughing through the tears' reaction for something like that.

Those days are brutal, dude. I can't even imagine if it was a personal best and all that was left out there.

On a couple of holes but that’s it haha

I swear we need a 'laughing through the tears' reaction for something like that.

Those days are brutal, dude. I can't even imagine if it was a personal best and all that was left out there.

I remember I was playing with my uncle and a couple of the guys we go camping with. When I tell you I had full control that day, I freaking mean it. The one guy signed me up to be on his scramble team in a tournament a few weeks later and I was terrible. I told him that I wasn’t being modest when I said our previous round was the best I ever hit it.

Best I've been is +2 three times. Just did it last weekend. I was hitting the ball so much better than usual that I had by far my best ever chance to finally pull off a par or better round. Nope 😣*!*

The round just seemed so typical for the most of it that I never really started grinding over putts until it was too late. 3 putt bogey on #1 (happens often), missed greens on #2, #4, and #7 (about right as I usually hit 7 - 9 greens there). Converted the up/downs on #2 and #4 and routine 2 putt pars on 8 and 9 had me +2 at turn. That didn't seem special I avg +3.5 on front there. But I hit the last 11 GIR (15 total) on this course with it's little greens. My best all time ever was 13 GIR at a country club with massive greens. So 15 here came out of nowhere. Another 3 putt bogey had me +3 after 11 (decent but not special, I average just under +8 there). I couldn't convert any of those opps though. Only birdie was a tap in at par 5 18th after barely missing green in two.

Last edited:
Nope, not ever. Never even broke 80 for a full 18. Been under 40 for 9 but can't sustain it for 18. Only takes a couple of bad holes to add 5 strokes.

Once- -1(Par 71) sank a RIDICULOUS 90ft + putt for eagle on one hole. Steady scrambling for the most part with a few birds and bogeys otherwise. Fairly normal at the time and didn’t know until we tallied up in the bar. Didn’t seem like an exceptional good or bad round.

I had a streak of 9 straight last year that seems unlikely to be bested. Hardly seemed real at the time, but I tried to appreciate it while it was happening once I realized it was.

Back