Have you ever felt like calling it quits?

I’ve been playing for 26 years and last year was the worst year I’ve had in a long time. All year long I was dealing with the shanks. I couldn’t shake the shanks. I’m typically a 6-8 handicap because I don’t have the motivation to practice but when I did put the time into my game I was a 2-4 handicap a few years ago. I ended up taking off about 4 months and I enjoyed every weekend I didn’t play. I’ve recently started playing again and of course I’m not making solid contact due to time off but I really considered throwing my bag in the pond and never coming back until my wife put me in my place. She told me you can’t give something up because you’re not good at it right now. So, I dedicate this season to her and anyone struggling because I’ve been there with you all.

Hi
3 years ago I played like crap at of all places Torrey Pines..Drives, approaches, chips and putts were like I never played the game before..just a suck performance with my golf trip buddies who I've played with for 25+ years every year.Last year I had my right toe joint replaced, and played on one leg at TPC Sawgrass. So painful.
In my head I quit on the plane ride home to Boston..
Sat down with my wife told her how I felt.
She said that someday we will retire and theres no way we'll survive as a couple if I was in the House all day with her..smart woman.
1 year later after getting fitted for new equipment and 10 lessons later
I'm having a blast playing tough game again.my handicap is down as well.
Wer'e heading to Sea Island on April 1st. I've got bets with my buddies on Long Drive, and I'm having a blast again.
Healthy again, doing 2 Leg Days a week plus weights and yoga, cant wait!
Hang in there, golf is a lot like life itself. Some days can really suck, but theres always that one shot. Or that incredible view on the course that brings you back.

Good luck and good health..Bob.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Only twice due to frustration. Both times, I'm told myself if I walk off the course, that's it, I'm done for life. If I walk off, I won't be coming back. Luckily I completed the round. I absolutely love this game, the feel of hitting a perfect shot, a solid shot and the challenge of the game. Beyond that, never thought of permanently giving up the game

Is it a day that ends in Y?

I literally told my best friend this week that he should really consider finding someone else to play in his member guest with him because I am terrible.

I have thought about calling it quits. It's been 30+ years of in my opinion crappy golf, mid to high 90's on an average course. My first goal is to take a break. I've taken lessons 3 different times and not much has changed. I've had a few band-aid techniques, that keeps me playing. The question might be instead of quitting, how do you just take a break - no practice and no playing?

The question might be instead of quitting, how do you just take a break - no practice and no playing?
To answer your question, move to Maine, takes the choice right out of your hands!🤣🤣🤣

Ive felt like it from time to time, mostly when I was younger. I would have a bad round and would be so frustrated that I wouldnt golf for a month or 2. I dont get like that much anymore because when my swing goes south, I know why it does and I realize that Im always going to have my ups and downs and no matter how bad my round is, its not going to last forever and at the end of the day, the worst day on a golf course beats the best day doing almost anything else.

Back