Have you ever had a Ball Fitting?

Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an actual unbiased (non OEM specific fitting) ball fitting? If so what did you think of it, what did it involve, and was it worth it?

I haven't. But I would love to have one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No. I'm sure if I did, I probably wouldn't stick with it because the are so many new balls out there I'd like to try, and who knows, maybe one of those balls I might like better or would be better for my game.

Nope unless you count Bridgestone V-fit.

Nope, just experimented with different balls on my own until I found what I liked.

Only by Bridgestone. They had a local fitting event about 6 years ago or so (was fit to an e6).
Then v-fit this spring.

i have not, other than online questionnaires.
in regards to a ball, if i had gone to a ball fitter and was told their "reputable" i would most likely stand behind what they say in terms of what to use. the purpose of the fitting is to maximize what your doing so why not trust it.

Yes! I actually had one with a driver fitting at Golf Galaxy a few years ago.

Results at the time showed that I was getting the best, and most consistent results from Bridgestone balls. I've migrated from the e6 to BXS.

Although I still game the BXS, this season I've also started alternating between that ball and the TP5 Pix, which has been yielding some equally awesome results. The fitter honestly only tested Callaway, Titleist, and Bridgestone, so the Tour Preferred wasn't even considered.

I've also never tested against the DTC balls, but have been pretty happy with my OEMs.

No. The only ball fitting that I've had were V-fit and outdoor Titleist with trackman. both fittings pointed to the same theme. I need a ball that helps promote spin / higher ball flight. (Tour B RSX and ProV1x). I use that information to choose the golf balls I play.

Out of everything in my bag, the ball os the last part that needs to get fitted.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I really wanted one to start the year. Dang hard to find a outdoor trackman fit though, which I think is the only kind that would really interest me. Super jealous of @mtbloco , even though it was just Titleists. I ended up basically doing my own.

I really wanted one to start the year. Dang hard to find a outdoor trackman fit though, which I think is the only kind that would really interest me. Super jealous of @mtbloco , even though it was just Titleists. I ended up basically doing my own.

In a sense I got lucky to have that opportunity. The first time the group of us AZ THPers got together to play as a group, there just "happened" to be a Titleist ball fitting. (they had clubs too) I think this @Wildcat4life guy knows somebody. =) I'd never been on a Trackman outdoors before so that alone was really neat. Titleist focuses on 7i for fitting, then looks how the driver does with that ball. This was Dec.2019 so they focused on AVX, V1, V1x group.

My personal highlight was I pulled off a 1.49 smash with the only Driver swing I got on the trackman before I had to run off to my tee time.

Had a ball fitting when I bought my driver. Might have been Golf Galaxy, but don't remember. This was quite a while ago.

The fitting was free after receiving my driver. Hit a bunch of different balls for about 45 minutes.

The monitor/computer said I should be using a particular ball at $50 a dozen. Tried it for a month, and didn't like it. Actually didn't care for the price. Tried a $20 dozen ball and got the same results.

Finally went ball shopping on my own for a couple of months, and settled on a $24 a dozen ball. Played that ball for several years, until I changed to a Bridgestone e5 ball. I'm currently using their e7 ball until I run out of them.

Out of everything in my bag, the ball os the last part that needs to get fitted.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Why not the first?

only by Bridgestone courtesy of in person and VFit...

Otherwise question and answer on different OEM website.

Have not had one like you are talking about. Had one live Bridgestone fitting about 10 years ago, have done their VFit a few times and have done several on-line fittings from various ball companies.

Back