Have you ever played alternate shot format ?

I've played it a few times. I felt a lot of pressure to leave my partner in good shape. But it is fun for a change of pace.

I have at THP experiences along with some different events at my club.

Played it many, many times including the Morgan Cup in ‘18 with my pal @PatsFan . Also play this annually at my my home club’s annual Ryder Cup event the first week of October plus T a few other team Ryder Cup events. Really like this format....lots of fun.
My wife and I played it together in a tournament at our club last week. We are still trying to work out the visitation
rights, but dividing up the property was pretty easy LOL

Have played a couple times when we have a Ryder cup style event once a year. Also played in the 2020 Morgan Cup. @jdtox was a beast! Also one of the best under pressure shots by @e1iterate

A few times and it’s one of my favorites

Our Club has a Ryder Cup over two days every year and its a lot of fun. We have had alternate shot at other events as well. Alternate shot is a challenge because you want to do well for your partner. Great feeling when you put your partner in a good position. Scrambles and shambles are without a doubt less stressful.

I have a couple of times. It is important that both of you use a similar ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think I ever have. Played a few scrambles in various corporate days but never full alt shot. The MC this year will be my intro to it, going to be a blast!

I play it a few times a year one of the club matchplay competitions is foursomes, its always fun and depending how the game goes you might not hit a putt for several holes. You have to expect that you won't be in your normal rhythm and afterwards I always want to play more golf as you have only hit half your normal shots.

Played it once, with @KY Golfer , and we did alright. It helps when your partner is a great iron player and gets to hit most of the approach shots.

I will get my first taste at The Morgan Cup this year.

Played it often in mixed competitions at my home club

Fun format, we play it in club events a few times a year.

I've played it many times. It's usually part of member/member tournaments I used to play. It was for 6 holes out of 18 or 9 holes out of 36. Alternate shot and aggregate are tough formats. I shanked my shot from a hanging lie in the fairway to under a pine tree playing alternate shot once. My partner was not a happy camper

Yeah... local course has a yearly 2 man team event called a Shamble. 6 holes scramble, 6 best ball, 6 alt shot. You do not want to start out in the alt shot.

Yes, in a couple of THP events. Fun and very challenging.

I get to play this format every year. It's alot of fun but definitely takes alot of concertation since you can't really get into a groove. You really have to feed and amp up your team to get momentum going since you aren't hitting as many shots. I really enjoy it though from time to time.

I play it every year in our local Ryder Cup. I've played it in at least two THP events. Alt shot is honestly my favorite format. The key is to just have fun. Your partner is going to leave you in a tough spot. You are going to leave your partner in a tough spot. If you just roll with it, have fun, and enjoy the 'wild' nature of alt shot, it really turns out to be a lot of fun with quite a few laughs.

~Rock

All I will say is come The Morgan Cup and whoever I get paired with is,

:p

In a few THP events here as well. It's tough but really rewarding when you do well. @Molten and I had our fair share of ups and downs in the Budget Golf Championship a few years ago!!

A charity golf outing I do every year is regular for 9 and alternate shot for 9. Have fun and don't kill each other because both of you will leave each other with a hard next shot.

I would like to try one day., We have always played best ball format with our group.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Back