Have You Ever Played Back To Back Par 3s On A Course

Like @baylrballa said, #5 and #6 at Coeur d'Alene.

20190907_112749.jpg20190907_113555.jpg

Absolutely. Pacific Dunes at Bandon for sure. I seem to recall a course we played in Ireland had it too. And Coeur d'Alene.

Wouldn't be Bonnie Dundee would it?

Have you heard that Pheasant Run is closing. It's up for sale right now. :(

It's possible. I'd have to look up a card. I remember that one being pretty short though, so it would make sense.

No. I had no idea. I'm not surprised though. Their location was unfortunate with how that area developed. I lived there a long time ago, but if you'd told me that 20 years later the surrounding towns would be thumbing their nose at STC and talking sh*t about their schools I wouldn't have believed you. It's really changed. My sis still lives in Batavia, so visiting her is the only time I get out to the far west burbs, or get any local news. Lot of good memories there though. I think I took my homecoming date to Pheasant Run freshman year. :LOL:

I don't recall ever playing back to back par 3s on a full course

Yes my hometown course has them on one of the three 9s. I don’t mind it but play usually grinds to a halt

My local course - the 11th is slightly downhill 150 metres normally with the wind behind. The 12th is 185 metres with the wind usually going across to accentuate a right-hander's slice (into the bunkers on that side).

Yep, on a course I play often. #2 and #3 are back to back par 3s - just on opposite sides of a pond. Water to the left on both holes.

Yes - 9th and 10th at Brancepeth Castle about 20 miles from me

Two tough holes that can ruin your score very quickly

I don't recall back to back par 3s around here.

Not yet. My home course has a every other hole stretch but no back to back.

Cypress Point arguably the best course in the world 15/16 are par 3's. Pacific Dunes I have played a few times 10/11 are par 3's.

Yes we have over here Miami Shores CC with back-to-back par 3s on #8 and #9.

#8 plays ~180 yards to a small, elevated green with wind coming off the left.

#9 plays ~130 yards to another elevated green into the wind. Sometimes it's a 2 club wind so tough hole to hit the green

My home course Beau Rivage, Wilmington NC. Holes 4 & 5 are par 3's, the 4th 172 all carry over water and then the 5th 136 a little bit easier but still over water with a front side green hugging bunker and also guarded by gators, well it was yesterday. The 4th is a tough one especially in the prevailing wind :eek:

The 4th at Beau Rivage.

The 5th at Beau Rivage.

Funny enough I've also played a course with back to back par 5's, though in the case of that course it has 2 sets of back to back 5's . Beaver Brook GC NJ, has the first two and last 2 holes as par 5's.

My home course Beau Rivage, Wilmington NC. Holes 4 & 5 are par 3's, the 4th 172 all carry over water and then the 5th 136 a little bit easier but still over water with a front side green hugging bunker and also guarded by gators, well it was yesterday. The 4th is a tough one especially in the prevailing wind :eek:

Funny enough I've also played a course with back to back par 5's, though in the case of that course it has 2 sets of back to back 5's . Beaver Brook GC NJ, has the first two and last 2 holes as par 5's.
If they sent you off the back you'd get all 4 in a row. Dang. I run into something similar with the course I referenced earlier in this thread. It only has three par 5s but if we start off on the 10th we see them all in short order, #18, #2, #3.

Have but don;t remember where, had back to back par 5's yesterday.

I wanna say yes, since an old home course was only a par 66, but I don’t think I have.

Cruden Bay in Scotland has back to back par 3's... 15 is completely blind over a hill - you aim at a rock and wait for a bell. That being said, I played the course in extreme fog, so 16 was completely blind too!

I don’t think I have. If I have it’s been a closing par 3 on the 9th hole & a par 3 on the starting 10th!

Yes. Hazelmere has back to back par 3s #6, #7. Used to play there all the time.

Just wondering how many of you THPers have ever played a course with back to back Par 3 holes. I'm not referring to the small 9 hole courses, I'm talking about 18 hole courses. Myself I can only think of one course that I played back to back Par 3s. That was a course called The Oak Club Of Genoa in Genoa, Illinois. This course is no longer in business, it closed a number of years ago.
I don't think so, but it wouldn't bother me. Why? Would it be a knock on the course or a positive for you?

I don't think so, but it wouldn't bother me. Why? Would it be a knock on the course or a positive for you?

Well, I do remember saying something to the guy in the Pro Shop after I got done playing that day. Nothing bad just along the line I've never played back to back Par 3s. Nowadays I'm much older and wiser, I hope! :)
Besides it seems a great topic for discussion here on THP. (y)

Yes, I played back to back par 3's before. While it's not common that I know of, they are out there.

Not that I can recall.

Back