Have You Ever Played Back To Back Par 3s On A Course

Only on executive courses. One time I almost made back to back holes in one. But on regulation 18 hole courses no I have never had back to back par 3's. I would not mind it if it were though. You have to play all the par 3s. We play par 4's back to back, to back so why not par 3s, beyond the obvious, that there are usually 10 par 4s.

Ive played a couple 9-hole executive courses that had back to back par 3s but those courses all had par 3s and par 4s. Ive never played what I would call a, "full size" course that has that layout.

Can’t say that I ever have. Not sure how I’d feel about it if I ever do either

The course I play most often has this on one of their three 9's. That nine is a par 35, and the par 3's are holes 6 and 7. The 6th plays about 185-190 yards to an elevated green that slopes pretty severely. The 7th is about 150-160, slightly uphill over a ravine and has several sand traps around the green.

I usually play there in the mid-afternoon. So despite the back to back par 3's, I've never had to wait on more than one group.

I have played 60+ courses, but I can’t recall one with consecutive par 3s.

I have played a couple, usually holes 9 and 10.

Actually my home course (Flamborough Hills G&CC) used to have back-to-back-to-back on the Woods nine; they changed it up about 5 years ago by leaving the first one in place, turning the second and third into a par 4 that's next to impossible to make in regulation, inserting a new par 3 between the first and second holes, and making a par 5 into a par 4 without changing anything else.

Many times. Pacific Dunes for one. And we're playing the Tauhara course at Taupo Golf Club New Zealand this afternoon, where we are summer members (it is summer here now). 16 and 17 are par 3s. Similar distances but very different layouts. Nothing wrong with two par 3s in a row IMO.

Last edited:
Pacific Grove Municipal in Monterey opens with two par 3 holes. I've played it once.

All the time at a local 9 hole...

One of the muni’s in my regular rotation has back to back 3’s: one around 200 and then one that usually plays 110-120...quite a contrast

The public course I play league at and joined this year has back to back. 120y and 150y depending on tee placement.

Not only have a played a course with B2B Par 3s this course opens with 2 Par 3's and has unbelievable views of Monterey Peninsula and isn't named Pebble Beach or Spyglass....

Take a look at Pacific Grove course....

One of our local courses is 12/18 par 3's the other 6 are par 4's, so yes.

Douglaston in Queens, NY has three straight par-3s. It’s a short muni course so on normal days play takes forever to get through.

Yup. Pacific Dunes 10 and 11. 2 absolutely amazing holes

I like #10 a lot more when the tee is up rather than down. I've played Pacific three times now and twice it's been up and once down. Up is incalculably better.

Shadow Hills here has them. 16 and 17.

Local course here has them. #9 is 130ish downhill, #10 is 170ish uphill

I had one course where they had two par 5s back to back which was odd but never two par 3s. It would be different for sure. I don't think I would like it.

I had one course where they had two par 5s back to back which was odd but never two par 3s. It would be different for sure. I don't think I would like it.

We actually have that as well. #1 and #2 at Palm Desert Country Club.

Yeah. My home club has a 185 yarder for #4 and a 249 yarder for #5, both par 3's...

Back