Have you ever shot your age?

OITW

Reaction score
I’ve read about people shooting their age and having great rounds and thought it was the coolest thing.

Have any THPers shot their age? Whether it be 9 holes or 18 holes?

On 9 yes...all the time. Hopefully it doesn’t continue as I get older...that would be a bad thing!!!

On 9, yes. Frankly it’s an irritating day when I don’t shoot it on 9. :ROFLMAO:

I have not, closest I've been is within 5 shots for 9 holes.

In a couple more years I can, a 37 or 38 will be manageable, but that's if I still get to play consistently with a kid on the way

I’m not that finely aged and/or good at golf yet.

Yes, I shot 34 on the back 9 at Gaylord Springs 3.5 years ago. I turn 38 in a couple weeks so I’m hoping I’ve got a few of those in me over the next year.

Call me in about 8 or 9 years.

Call me in about 8 or 9 years.

Maybe when I'm in my late 60's? One of my regular golf buddies shot his age or lower several times this summer and he is 70.

I can usually do it in the first 5-7 holes

I'm in no mans land where that isn't going to happen being in my 50's. Maybe in 20 years.

I could not even count thr number of times I shot my age for 9. Fortunately, it has been at least 10 years since I have done it. I am 55 so will probably have to wait 15 or so years before I have a chance at shooting it for 18.

For 9 holes, that is easy, but at 47, it isn't going to happen for 18 holes

I was probably in my 40s before I ever did it for 9 holes. Of course, I didn't play through the "prime" years for it (35-40) so I shot myself in the foot on that one.

I shoot my age each time out...just depends if I stop playing at hole 11 or 12.

i'm 46 so if I shoot my age for 9 holes, it has to be a rough day on the course.

I am 63 - best 18 hole (par 72 on a decent course) is 67 so maybe in 5-10 years. When young broke 9 hole age all the time and oh to become young and strong again.

When I don't shoot under my age for 9, I get pissed. Means I had a pretty bad day overall. I've got quite a few years before shooting my age for 18 is even possible much less feasible. My father however shot 71 this year and he's 72. Joys of being retired. :)

I think I shot a 31 at age 31 and a 32 on my 32nd Birthday.
After that I stopped trying to accomplish it on 9 haha

in absolutely no hurry to get to a realistic number to shoot on 18.

Now that I've turned 40 I shoot my age a lot more often (on 9 holes).

The 30's were a struggle, though I've gotten there a couple of times

At 41 it gets easier to shoot my age on 9 every year.

Had a couple 39's this year for 9. First time I've shot my age. Next 10 or so years should be pretty easy for 9 holes :LOL:

Going to be a long time before I can claim I shot my age unless I quit very early or only play nine.

Back