No worries :) I'm a so-cal girl and am going to Hawaii but I can't stand the beach either :D

i still dont get that... i thought asians had beach all in their veins... ive never met one that didnt love the beach... lol you are unique...

i still dont get that... i thought asians had beach all in their veins... ive never met one that didnt love the beach... lol you are unique...

I am indeed :) I'm not your typical Asian!! I've got BIG wide eyes (not little itty bitty almond shaped eyes) and I have freckles and dimples. Go figure :confused2:

I am indeed :) I'm not your typical Asian!! I've got BIG wide eyes (not little itty bitty almond shaped eyes) and I have freckles and dimples. Go figure :confused2:

niiiice! but not liking the beach... suspect... lolz... j/k

I'm off to Hawaii at the end of the week :clapp:

We aren't checking in luggage and what a pain I have to condense everything. Grrr :banghead: can't bring sunscreen so will have to buy it there.

The rules for liquids on airplanes :banghead:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Enjoy it. The wife and I were in Maui for a week at the end of April. It is so beautiful on the island's....

I'm off to Hawaii at the end of the week :clapp:

We aren't checking in luggage and what a pain I have to condense everything. Grrr :banghead: can't bring sunscreen so will have to buy it there.

The rules for liquids on airplanes :banghead:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

the hotel should have travel sized everything you need especially sun screen

Hey bogey_russ, you being the Hawaiin experienced and all, is it worth it to go to the Pearl Harbor Memorial? I've heard that the lines get super long and half the people say its a must see and the other half say they really couldn't care. There's also a tour that you can do of all the miliary bases on Oahu and it includes the USS Arizona, but its $100/person. Wondered what you're thoughts where BR :)

Hey bogey_russ, you being the Hawaiin experienced and all, is it worth it to go to the Pearl Harbor Memorial? I've heard that the lines get super long and half the people say its a must see and the other half say they really couldn't care. There's also a tour that you can do of all the miliary bases on Oahu and it includes the USS Arizona, but its $100/person. Wondered what you're thoughts where BR :)

Pardon my French, but HELL YES! It is such an experience. I will go every time I visit Oahu.

Climb Diamond Head too. Make sure you do it early in the morning before it gets too hot and crowded. Early in your trip is advisable, as you won't be on Hawaii time yet.

all the visitors my family ever had insisted on going to pearl harbor... being a kid and have been there a few times... id always skip that part of the family island tour... so maybe im not the one to ask... lolz

my fave deal that costs you less than a hundred bucks... is the oahu transit tour... lolz
all my cousins from the mainland that were staying with us were tourists on a budget(poor)...
so a great way(cheap) to see the whole island(oahu) was to hop on the bus for a day(i mean the whole day)

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-an-Oahu-Scenic-Bus-Ride

ima navy brat so i dang sure wouldnt pay a hundred bucks to see a bunch of bases... hahaha... there are too many other things to see and do there than that... unless youre into that kinda thing

all the visitors my family ever had insisted on going to pearl harbor... being a kid and have been there a few times... id always skip that part of the family island tour... so maybe im not the one to ask... lolz

my fave deal that costs you less than a hundred bucks... is the oahu transit tour... lolz
all my cousins from the mainland that were staying with us were tourists on a budget(poor)...
so a great way(cheap) to see the whole island(oahu) was to hop on the bus for a day(i mean the whole day)

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-an-Oahu-Scenic-Bus-Ride

ima navy brat so i dang sure wouldnt pay a hundred bucks to see a bunch of bases... hahaha... there are too many other things to see and do there than that... unless youre into that kinda thing

Thanks for the info bogey :) One of our issues is that we've heard there is a HUGE line for the Pearl Harbor Memorial and if you're part of that $100 military base tour group, you get to go to the front of the line, so we were just wondering what other ways around that. If we just went on our own, we could be in line all day when we can be doing other stuff. So we'll see. Thanks for the link and will check into that :)

if youre really into the military thing... go for it... it will be well worth it if you are into it... and any way that'll get you around giant lines(kinda like a speed pass at amusement parks) is a good idea

if youre really into the military thing... go for it... it will be well worth it if you are into it... and any way that'll get you around giant lines(kinda like a speed pass at amusement parks) is a good idea

I just don't know about $100/person for a few hours seeing all the military bases...we'll see!!
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-medium.gif

I just don't know about $100/person for a few hours seeing all the military bases...we'll see!!
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-medium.gif

like i said before im a military brat so for me going to see that stuff would be booooring... lolz
id rather spend the 100 bucks on golf or something really touristy(i love being the ultimate tourist when i am a tourist... screw off the beaten path)

like i said before im a military brat so for me going to see that stuff would be booooring... lolz
id rather spend the 100 bucks on golf or something really touristy(i love being the ultimate tourist when i am a tourist... screw off the beaten path)

I agree. I lived on Oahu for 15 years, elementary school through a couple of years of college. I visited the Arizona memorial the first time in 2003, lol. It is a moving tribute and very cool, but I'm a Navy brat too, so I've been around ships and know the history of Pearl Harbor pretty well, so while it was cool, I'd probably never visit again. Bus Tours on "The Bus" are a great idea. There are a few here.

I agree. I lived on Oahu for 15 years, elementary school through a couple of years of college. I visited the Arizona memorial the first time in 2003, lol. It is a moving tribute and very cool, but I'm a Navy brat too, so I've been around ships and know the history of Pearl Harbor pretty well, so while it was cool, I'd probably never visit again. Bus Tours on "The Bus" are a great idea. There are a few here.

i just realized one of the drawbacks of the transit bus tour... is you might have to sit next to some BO having moke with 3 teeth(one in his mouth and two in his pockets)

I'll be in Hawaii in just TWO DAYS!! :joy: I'll be taking TONS of pictures so stay tuned :)

So it'll be Aloha for now until June, but I'll be stopping by every now and then when/if I'm bored :wink:

Last edited:
Have fun on your trip!

i just realized one of the drawbacks of the transit bus tour... is you might have to sit next to some BO having moke with 3 teeth(one in his mouth and two in his pockets)

Lol... sounds like one of my old commutes from NYC on the NJ Transit bus back to Jersey.

I would say Pearl Harbor is a must visit. Jmo. I hope you enjoy your trip.

I would say Pearl Harbor is a must visit. Jmo. I hope you enjoy your trip.

We're going to try and get over there sometime next week :)

I've already cleaned my desk off at work, my out of office is set up and ready to go...I'm R-E-A-D-Y!!! :twist:

Go get'em girl. I want lots of pictures of you and the BF.

YAY!!! We're off tomorrow first thing in the morning :) I'm in the process of packing right now. I've got all my liquids packed and have my room upside down deciding what I'm going to bring, clothes-wise. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, we're getting up and leaving at 6am sharp!! We leave around 8:40am and arrive at 11am and first stop in Hawaii is Duke's, so the BF can get his tropical itch fix and me, just an iced tea...I can't wait!!! In 24 hours, I will be sitting in the airport waiting to board :)

Just checked in and printed out our boarding passes!! We--Are--READY!!! :joy: Now...I just need to get packing :wink:

Back