JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you planning on signing up?

Yup. Already did!

I need to dig into this one to see what is being offered. Other than movies that Netflix won't have, I am guessing their full series library is available?

I need to dig into this one to see what is being offered. Other than movies that Netflix won't have, I am guessing their full series library is available?
It’s the HBO catalog as well as the Turner and Warner Bro’s assets, and then some

• Admin

Huge library and original programming, through parent company AT&T.
We should be already getting it free, since Spectrum and and HBO came to an agreement.

Same. I've heard of it but haven't really looked into it much

Huge library and original programming, through parent company AT&T.
We should be already getting it free, since Spectrum and and HBO came to an agreement.

I need to look at it. i cancelled HBO after GOT bc nothing stood out to me on the programming, but I might fire it back up.

• Admin
I need to look at it. i cancelled HBO after GOT bc nothing stood out to me on the programming, but I might fire it back up.
It is a crazy odd roll out that is botched in some respects.
For instance we have Spectrum at both places and HBO, so we get it free.
If you have Comcast however, and have HBO, they have not struck a deal yet, so you would have to pay for it still.

If you have Comcast however, and have HBO, they have not struck a deal yet, so you would have to pay for it still.

DTV had it as an add on for $15 a month and didn't make sense with how little we used it. Might have to rethink that to have the app available.

Pass (for now). I also cancelled HBO after GOT because nothing else interested us. TV is largely a winter activity. I’ll reconsider in November. Current TV content is YouTube TV, Prime, and Netflix.

Friends alone is going to be a huge boon for Max.

I work during the day, on here at night, I see no reason to pay for some shat I ain’t gonna use.
But seriously, no, not unless they have super Dave Osborne reruns, I remember being a kid watching that with my parents.

Friends alone is going to be a huge boon for Max.

I watched so many damn episodes of Friends yesterday on TBS.

I watched so many damn episodes of Friends yesterday on TBS.
Yup. I think we forget the continued pull of that series.

I pay for HBO three different places, so if I don’t get it for free I’m going to be really angry.

I pay for HBO three different places, so if I don’t get it for free I’m going to be really angry.
That’s fair. Haha

Yup. I think we forget the continued pull of that series.

It’s so good. I’m not rushing to this one though. Although Pete tells me The Wire is absolutely amazing.

It’s so good. I’m not rushing to this one though. Although Pete tells me The Wire is absolutely amazing.
The Wire is the best TV series of all time imo.

FINALLY got Amanda to start it last night.

We have HBO through Amazon Prime. It’s a no go for us, at least as of now. Unless my wife wants it for some reason, it’s not happening.

We have HBO through Amazon Prime. It’s a no go for us, at least as of now. Unless my wife wants it for some reason, it’s not happening.

And this adds another layer of this botch. The app won't even be available on Amazon Fire immediately (or possibly in the future).
Then add the biggest opening day launch of the app was to be the Friends Reunion, which was all but scrapped.

And this adds another layer of this botch. The app won't even be available on Amazon Fire immediately (or possibly in the future).
Then add the biggest opening day launch of the app was to be the Friends Reunion, which was all but scrapped.
It’s not available on Roku either.

Not sure at this time until I take a look into it. We get HBO for free from DirecTV Now, so can watch their library via HBO Go app.

I can't really justify it. I have so many other subscriptions, I might as well go back to Cable. I'm paying the same. I didn't really see enough to make me want to sign up.

yeah, I didn't see enough to make me wanna sign up, either...plus, between subscriptions to Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime, i'm kinda subscribed out.

I can't really justify it. I have so many other subscriptions, I might as well go back to Cable. I'm paying the same. I didn't really see enough to make me want to sign up.

If it wasn't free, I would not have signed up either.
Already bailed on Disney, Hulu and ESPN+
Pretty sure I could bail on Netflix without missing a beat too, other than when traveling.

Back