It is a crazy odd roll out that is botched in some respects.
For instance we have Spectrum at both places and HBO, so we get it free.
If you have Comcast however, and have HBO, they have not struck a deal yet, so you would have to pay for it still.

As a comcast subscriber who already has HBO I will not be signing up anytime soon. Hoping they work something out, but if the interface is as bad as the branding has been then I think I want to wait a while for them to work the kinks out.

Right now, what is the main piece of IP they plan on having? The Snyder cut of Justice League

Supposedly HBO paid a half a BILLION dollars for Friends. WTF?

I'd rewatch GOT if I had it, but with Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and FIOS I'm pretty much set.

Last edited:
reminds me I need to drop hbo since westworld finished.

Is it free for HBO subscribers with Verizon as carrier?

Is it free for HBO subscribers with Verizon as carrier?

It wasn't the other day in the article I read, but that may have changed.

It wasn't the other day in the article I read, but that may have changed.

what’s the difference between this and HBO GO? Just an expanded library?

what’s the difference between this and HBO GO? Just an expanded library?

GO is only available for current subscribers. NOW is their standalone product before this.
This will replace NOW and is an expanded library.

It also allows downloads, which GO didn't do.

Is this a higher MOI version of HBO? :ROFLMAO:

Haven't made the final decision yet, but I'm closer to jumping in than not

signed up yesterday and ditched the $27.99/mo HBO add on that cable was charging. They tried to convince me it was the same and i get access immediately to HBO max. But, $27.99 vs $11.99 is a measurable difference and there was no way i was paying cable to give me the same service, just because.

As a comcast subscriber who already has HBO I will not be signing up anytime soon. Hoping they work something out, but if the interface is as bad as the branding has been then I think I want to wait a while for them to work the kinks out.

Right now, what is the main piece of IP they plan on having? The Snyder cut of Justice League
beter make sure you arent "paying" to have HBO included in your cable bill. If you can remove it like i did and save the $16/mo its well worth it

beter make sure you arent "paying" to have HBO included in your cable bill. If you can remove it like i did and save the $16/mo its well worth it

I have it in the package I currently pay for and watch it regularly so it is currently worth it. If I were to get HBO Max I would remove it from the package, but since I am not planning to sign up anytime soon if at all I don't have much concern.

FWIW......if you "already have HBO" in your cable bill, your paying for it somehow. Im with ATT Uverse. AFTER my 6mos free, HBO/Cinemax went to $$24 or $26/ month. YES.....i was going to get access to HBOmax regardless because i was a HBO subscriber. HOWEVER......i was paying $24-26/mo for it and could cancel and remove that from my cable bill. By doing so, I signed up for HBO Max......for ($11.99/mo) and saved the $12-13 per month i was going to be overcharged by ATT

Food for thought

Since I have HBO as a subscriber from my TV provider, I also will get HBO Max. Some of the library interests me, so I will be watching.

I have it in the package I currently pay for and watch it regularly so it is currently worth it. If I were to get HBO Max I would remove it from the package, but since I am not planning to sign up anytime soon if at all I don't have much concern.
id be curious to know how much youd save by removing it from the package if you dont watch it. Then comparably to how much the intro price is....

Since I have HBO as a subscriber from my TV provider, I also will get HBO Max. Some of the library interests me, so I will be watching.
youre over paying. remove it from your tv package and then signup direct with hbo. bet youll save $13/month

youre over paying. remove it from your tv package and then signup direct with hbo. bet youll save $13/month

thanks for the mansplaining but as it is part of the package I signed up for (and think it was 9.99/month) I can't remove it without signing a new 2 year contract, which I definitely don't want to do.

I get it free every year. DirectTV subscriber and always complain right around football season and they give all kinds of discounts. I still have 11 tvs on my account, so I do pay a pretty penny :ROFLMAO:

Not a chance.

I don't know that we will pull the trigger on this. Between Netflix, prime and Disney+ we have more than enough tv shows/Movies to watch.

I’ll pass on this one for now. Amazon and Netflix already get my money besides the annual NHL Subscription.

Looks like we get it for free since we pay for HBO through Xfinity. That should make my wife happy so she can watch Friends again since it left Netflix.

Naw, I don't want it.

I’m going to bolt on to Hulu...
You can use your Hulu sign up on the HBO Max app.

Back