HC higher or lower?

OK, I'm making the early call. Come Christmas day your index will be sitting at a low, low 7.2! You heard it here first.

The other day my partner was playing worse than me (which is saying a lot as he's a 6 and I'm a 16). He was whining a little and I told him on the 16th tee, "You're going to pipe this one down the middle, have a wedge left into the green and make birdie". Sure enough, it happened. We get to his ball in the fairway and I said, "Just get it pin high and keep it right of the hole, easy birdie putt from there". He did that too. Before he hit his 10-footer he kind of looked at me like he was waiting for me to say something. I said, "You heard me the first time, birdie". And he rolled it right in.

So a couple weeks later we're playing together again, once again he is playing like 💩 and we get to the 16th hole. Before he hit his tee shot he said, "Any predictions". I said, "I won't BS you, I don't have a good feeling about it this time". He laughed it off and piped one down the middle. But this time, he missed a pretty similar putt and made par.

I'm not saying I'm psychotic or psychic or anything but that's a true story.
What a Christmas present! Thanks ETB!

I’m all over the place. Since we have year round golf and we never shut down I started the year at 5.5. Went up to high as a 7.5 and and now at 4.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24.5 start
17.5 now

i still feel the exact same, tho :rolleyes:

I'm around 14.

I sucked last year, and, well, pretty much forever, so it's been awesome to suck less this year.

24.5 start
17.5 now

i still feel the exact same, tho :rolleyes:

I'll have rounds where I'm 10 over after 5 holes then suddenly start hitting every fairway and every green and I swear, my swing feels like I am doing EXACTLY the same thing as when I was making doubles. It's like good scores or bad scores just happen and I've got nothing to do with it.

The funny thing about my handicap dropping, I haven't practiced at all this year at the range. Before I play a round, when the facilities are offered with the green fees, I will practice a slight bit before I tee off, but I don't think I have been to the range at all this year.

the same for me as well. Last year I went to the range every other day. Played 40 rounds finished the year as a 10.6. This year the first few went up and went as high as 11.3, now I’m an 8.4 zero practice. Just focussed on staying with the same swing and being consistent. Which makes sense to me now that I think about it. I tinker far more than I should. The results tell me just go play and stay within myself. And it’s working!

I no longer keep a handicap, but it is nice to see that you have improved that much so far this year. CONGRATS!

At 67. it's more about maintenance than improvement.!

With a projected 11.7 I’m dropping.

Currently it’s exactly the same as it was in January, a +0.1. I’ve practiced less this year than I have in a decade so I’m pleased with where my game is right now.

I am higher. I was struggling a bit with a club change and I joined a club which is much harder. While that should be reflected in slope and rating I don’t think it really does impact it as much as the difficulty.

Started on the high end for me as it always does during cool weather. Went down 3.5 strokes about a month after my course re-opened. Now easing back up due to poor play. Right now it is about 2 strokes higher than it normally is during the high heat/humidity time of year. Hope I get my ball striking figured out before my preferred weather disappears.

Great progress this year @tommyhaka! I started the season at 13.1 and quickly ascended to 14.7 courtesy of excessive triple bogeying. Been playing much better from tee to green and now back down to 13.6. I’ll play more this year than I have in the last 5 combined.
View attachment 8957756
Keep working brother! It will come.

This year I had started at a .6 and have seen it drop to +.2. It would be even better if I can figure a way to start rounds better. My last 3 back 9s have been 36 33 32.

January 1 - 25.1
Current - 15.0

Something happened in June and it just started clicking after one lesson and one tiny and I mean tiny setup change on shoulder tilt. Really took my enjoyment in golf way up.

I think we're a bit different in the UK in that formal handicaps can only be adjusted following a competition or putting in an official supplementary card after declaring your intention to put a handicap card in prior to the round. I'm not sure if that will change following the new handicap regulations but we'll see...

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've gone from 12.5 at the start of the year, up slightly to 12.6 and then down to 11.3. So down from 13 to 11...not unhappy with that.

I went from a 16 to a 10 pretty much as expected since coming back from my layoff, and now I'm trending back up. :oops:

I am driving the ball beautifully, but I'm totally locked up at address with my irons and wedges with paranoia.

A local pro/friend that I haven't seen for a long time told me to come by on Saturday for a coffee and a "look see" while I hit some balls.

Mine topped at 13.3 in early may. A couple lessons with my pro and started heading down. 10.2 at the end of July. New irons in the bag, so been practicing (range and on course hitting multiple shots every hole) so haven’t been posting.

Hoping to break into single digits before mid September fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Started the year at 5.6, went to my all time low of 3.8, ballooned all the way up to 7.5 and am now down to 5.8, almost where I began the year. It has been the most inconsistent year I can remember.

Strange how the year goes for golf handicap, towards the beginning of the summer I was scoring well and had plenty of confidence. Lately, although, I have been struggling a bit and my handicap went up from 13.6 to 14.1. I think sometimes my swing changes a little bit without me noticing along with some bad club choices and things start to go a bit wrong.

I’m all over the place. Since we have year round golf and we never shut down I started the year at 5.5. Went up to high as a 7.5 and and now at 4.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live your life, except for the year round golf part.

Continuing on my quest for improvement. Current HC is 14.2, from 15.9.

I started the year at a 9.5 (first time being in single digits) As of right now I'm at a 7.4. Been very consistent this year and it definitly shows in my handicap trend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I am going to bump this thread by saying my game has taken a significant turn for the worse over the last month or so, especially off the tee. It seems like before I could just walk onto the tee box, without much thinking, then let it rip with very good success. Now, I just can't find my swing? Pull hooks, over the top, very erratic. Something is going on in my backswing that is creating a terribly strong grip/club head position. Perplexed.

Back