Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Reshafting my c721 irons with recoil 110 f4 shafts. Weighing components prior to assembly. Here are c721 head weights. Are these heavy or light compared to other brands. New to doing shaft work. Was considering soft stepping the 110s but with a head that seemed heavy at least with the stiff flex 80 gram hzrdus smoke rdx shaft I’m leaning more toward going back standard2349B203-E7CB-42C7-831B-14B13D376EF4.jpeg

The last 5/6 sets of clubs that I have reshafted the 5 iron heads have been in the 252/255 range. So yours are just a tad heavier than I've seen recently.

The last 5/6 sets of clubs that I have reshafted the 5 iron heads have been in the 252/255 range. So yours are just a tad heavier than I've seen recently.
The e721 7i I had swing weighted really heavy. D5 even with the graphite shaft so I’m guessing their heads run on the heavier side.

Seems a little but like all things no standard in the golf industry. Biggest thing is set transition of about 7 grams between each head to stay consistent. All things have tolerances. Head alone is loft, lie, weight so forth, then shafts are weight, CPM, OD of tip, grips are weights too.

The e721 7i I had swing weighted really heavy. D5 even with the graphite shaft so I’m guessing their heads run on the heavier side.
No, Recoil 110 have a lowest balance point....they will swing weight heavy

No, Recoil 110 have a lowest balance point....they will swing weight heavy

I never measured it with a Recoil.

It was with the stock HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 graphite shaft. I bought 3 7 irons. One with the RDX shaft, and also the XP85 and Elevate 95. All 3 were in that D5-D5.5 range.

at the range All 3 felt really sluggish through the ball for me being a slower swinger (140-145-7i).
Was really hoping they would have worked out as I loved the look and price but the heft wasn’t right for me.

I never measured it with a Recoil.

It was with the stock HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 graphite shaft. I bought 3 7 irons. One with the RDX shaft, and also the XP85 and Elevate 95. All 3 were in that D5-D5.5 range.

at the range All 3 felt really sluggish through the ball for me being a slower swinger (140-145-7i).
Was really hoping they would have worked out as I loved the look and price but the heft wasn’t right for me.
A little bit of counter balance might help you out with them. I’ve played around with a few different shafts. Elevate 95 and then rdx black. Both were in d5 range. I did like the rdx better than the elevate. Then I decided to swap in a heavier shaft. I found a nice set of recoil 110 f4s. Soft stepped them and installed them. Swing weight with this setup is right in that d2 spot. Clubs preform really well.

F=ma
ie a greater mass in clubhead, assuming acceleration is same or equal will result in more Force on the the ball.
A heavier head with slightly shorter shaft length(comfortable SW) may be easier to swing and result in a "heavier" impact.

Reshafting my c721 irons with recoil 110 f4 shafts. Weighing components prior to assembly. Here are c721 head weights. Are these heavy or light compared to other brands. New to doing shaft work. Was considering soft stepping the 110s but with a head that seemed heavy at least with the stiff flex 80 gram hzrdus smoke rdx shaft I’m leaning more toward going back standardView attachment 9023936
Those are decently heavy by modern trends, especially for the type of club lately. Nothing crazy, but a lot of them keep getting lighter, and those numbers are closer to some of the style and weights if heads I prefer. I would give me some pause on soft stepping, but I also play plus 1/4", do there's already a tiny soft step happening there, combined with heavier head weights. If you're playing standard though they might already be a fraction more active than some others, especially with graphite, so I like your thinking here.

Back