Headcover question

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm talking about headcovers for drivers, fairway woods and hybrids. Not putters or irons.

When you grab your clubs from your vehicle do you leave your headcovers for your drivers, woods, and hybrids in the trunk or do they stay on your clubs?

I leave mine in my trunk but I've got a new driver and newer 3w and I'm thinking of keeping the covers for my driver and woods on the clubs.

I'm talking about headcovers for drivers, fairway woods and hybrids. Not putters or irons.

When you grab your clubs from your vehicle do you leave your headcovers for your drivers, woods, and hybrids in the trunk or do they stay on your clubs?

I leave mine in my trunk but I've got a new driver and newer 3w and I'm thinking of keeping the covers for my driver and woods on the clubs.
I leave them on when they aren’t being used.

On and off through the round, I can’t fathom letting all the woods clink and clack together all round :sick:

Only 3 clubs in my bag have a cover - driver, 3w and putter

All covers stay on the clubs unless I am using them

They stay on except while I’m hitting bombs.

I take my driver cover off and leave it off. Rest go back on after shots... my wife takes her driver & putter cover off and leaves them in the truck.

Woods stay covered. Those crowns are not meant the be repeatedly hit with metal.

On the entire round till needed. Always surprised when clubs look like they were dragged behind the car on the way to the course because the chatter damage.

All of my clubs, except 54 and 58 degree wedges, stay covered at all times unless the club under the cover is in use.

they stay on to keep the good swing particles from dissipating into the air

Driver, 3W, hybos and putter all stay covered when not in use.

I take the cover off when I go to swing, and put it back on before the cart moves. Same thing with putter covers. It honestly has become compulsive at this point.

Covers on my driver, 3 wood, 2 hybrids and putter. They stay on when in the bag, and off when not in the bag. No one wants a club that looks like it's been beat to hell just because it was left in the bag when not in use.

I used to take them off and leave them in the vehicle. Then, one day, incautiously dropping an iron back into the bag I heard it strike a wood I'd just purchased on its way down. I think I may have taken a new chip out of the finish of that wood. Now, with all new driver, woods, and hybrid: They'll be staying on throughout the round except when in use.

In another "how do you deal with headcovers" thread, here, I think, a couple people said they way they handle headcovers w/o slowing their play is take them off as they're approaching their ball and put them back on as they're returning to their bag. I'm going to try that.

The only exception is the putter. Being shorter than everything else I probably don't have to worry about that one.

Pull the club out of the bag, hit the ball, usually curse, put the cover back on & back in the bag.

I only have my driver and putter with a headcover. I take them off on first tee and put in the cart basket until the end of the round. If I had another fairway or hybrid that would cause clinking I'd probably go back to covers on when not in use.

What?! 😕. They're designed for clubs heads, not trunks!! Madness. They go on and off for me. How else ya gonna keep 'em pretty? Especially the way my wife drives a cart. I'd be lucky if she bang then together and crack a head.

I keep them on unless I'm using one of the clubs. The crowns of the clubs can ding, and they do make noise clattering.

I leave mine on except when hitting with them.

They stay on when they are not in use. Couple reasons: function, want to keep from getting dings on all those clubs that have headcovers. then style, my headcovers look dope as F, so why would I not show them off?

My headcovers stay on the clubs until I pull them from the bag to hit. Then they go right back on when they go back in the bag.

Headcovers stay on the club, putter included when not being used. They cost too much to be clanking around and getting dings and chips in them.

Headcovers for all my woods are on unless they are being used. Then the cover goes back on after the shot

Definitely on and off throughout the round. If I'm worried about pace of play I may through the headcover in the basket in the cart until I get to the next tee, but usually I don't have to worry about that

Back