Heading to Myrtle Beach the week of 3/24.

Weezel

- Formerly @HighLevelHacker -
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
** I meant week of 3/25**

First time visiting Myrtle Beach and staying about 1.5 miles north of Surfside Beach area. Not 100% of how the area is but we will be doing things away from there more often anyways. Going there during my kid's spring break off from school. My parents are probably coming with us too. We all reside in Michigan and wanted to take the family somewhere new, somewhere warm(er) and somewhere within a half day's drive. And we decided to try Myrtle Beach area for the first time! Plus my wife has a close friend of the family that's like her older uncle that lives down there we thought about visiting too.

But I was planning to golf 9-holes, solo, first thing in the morning before the wife and kids wake up so I can spend as much time with them during the day. Looking for a couple courses in the area. Does anybody have any course recommendations for a good 9-holes? Doesn't need to be top of line course. And any other recommendations for family things to do at the end of March would be nice to hear too. (If it helps, my boy's are 15, 10, & 6).

And maybe the THPers that live down that way that want to get a quick 9 holes in first thing in the morning want join? I'm down for that too!

I'm not sure as far as 9 holes go... I do really like Pine Lakes and TPC Myrtle. I'm pretty familiar with Surfside area. There is an executive course which is basically a Par 3 that has a couple of short par 4s called Tupelo Bay. It also has mini golf. Its short but nice, well kept, and pretty fun.

I'm not sure as far as 9 holes go... I do really like Pine Lakes and TPC Myrtle. I'm pretty familiar with Surfside area. There is an executive course which is basically a Par 3 that has a couple of short par 4s called Tupelo Bay. It also has mini golf. Its short but nice, well kept, and pretty fun.
Tupelo Bay did show up that was close to where I am staying. And TPC Myrtle was expensive but still might try to get in there.

Won't recommend a course as we usually stay in the North Myrtle Beach area and play courses in that area.

I can say that for family things to do make sure to check out Boardwalk on the Beach, Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach.

All in the Myrtle Beach city limits and not too far from Surfside Beach.

Tupelo Bay did show up that was close to where I am staying. And TPC Myrtle was expensive but still might try to get in there.
TPC is tough. Caledonia and True Blue are really good.

Won't recommend a course as we usually stay in the North Myrtle Beach area and play courses in that area.

I can say that for family things to do make sure to check out Boardwalk on the Beach, Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach.

All in the Myrtle Beach city limits and not too far from Surfside Beach.
Thank you!

Back