I really like the Biena habanero roasted chickpeas. Good replacement for chips or another salty snack.

I really like the Biena habanero roasted chickpeas. Good replacement for chips or another salty snack.

I've been into the Trader Joe's Jerk-Style Plantain Chips of late. Crunchy, satisfying, and contains none of the bad actors I need to avoid.

My rule with Healthy Snacks.

If a snack tastes good means healthy for me. Taste bad TOO healthy, pass.

Been a fan of Power Up trail mix packets.

Been trying the Harvest Snaps - flavored Lentils to try and replace chips. They don't taste the greatest, but also not bad - so makes me thing they might be OK.

Going to try those Outright Protein bars. I keep looking for something that actually is filling and tastes decent.

Siete Chips
Greenridge farms meat sticks
Epic (I like Bison and Beef right now) Bars
Cashews

I’m a big fan of the Siete stuff.

Been a fan of Power Up trail mix packets.

Been trying the Harvest Snaps - flavored Lentils to try and replace chips. They don't taste the greatest, but also not bad - so makes me thing they might be OK.

Going to try those Outright Protein bars. I keep looking for something that actually is filling and tastes decent.

If you guys are looking for a chip replacement I highly recommend the chicken chips I posted about earlier. To me, they are the closest thing to a chip.

Im a big fan of protein isolate, but I do not do any soy protein. Its pretty hard to digest.
But if its working, its working. I could live off protein bars, but some of these ones out there are literally crazy what is in them.
Kirkland protein bars:
Protein blend (milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate), dietary fiber from tapioca starch, cashews, unsweetened chocolate, erythritol, natural flavors, cocoa butter, sea salt, water, sunflower lecithin, steviol glycosides (stevia).

190 calories
7g fat (2.5g saturated)
22g carbs (15g fiber, 1g sugar)
21g protein

Kirkland protein bars:
Protein blend (milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate), dietary fiber from tapioca starch, cashews, unsweetened chocolate, erythritol, natural flavors, cocoa butter, sea salt, water, sunflower lecithin, steviol glycosides (stevia).

190 calories
7g fat (2.5g saturated)
21g protein
I should have went with these. The last box I bought were the Pure Protein bars.

Kirkland protein bars:

190 calories
7g fat (2.5g saturated)
21g protein

Not too shabby. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol. No idea if it spikes blood sugar or not. Some do and some don't.
Me personally, I just didn't really like the flavor of the Kirkland ones, compared to some others.

Asking for a friend who eats 3 a day. Are hard boiled eggs OK or no?

I've noticed they curb my morning appetite and allow me to just have a protein shake/bar for lunch and then normal supper.

Just not sure if I'm doing my cholesterol any favors.

Asking for a friend who eats 3 a day. Are hard boiled eggs OK or no?

I've noticed they curb my morning appetite and allow me to just have a protein shake/bar for lunch and then normal supper.

Just not sure if I'm doing my cholesterol any favors.

Yes, hard boiled eggs are great. A fantastic source of protein, which is why they are filling, and filled with nutrients.

Great call out on the Outright bars. I’m going to try them. I do my protein shake after my morning workout and try to hang until dinner. Maybe a bar in between. I drink a ton of water. My youngest is home and she eats super healthy and keeps me in line. Cutting out “obvious” sugar has been good for me too.

in the summer in AZ, frozen apples/watermelon/fruits are amazing. they last pretty long in a cooler bag

My struggle, especially with a wife who is a picky eater, is to get enough protein, so most of my snacks are healthy and higher in protein, here are some of my current favorites:

• One Bars - Specifically Birthday Cake and Glazed Maple Donut (Best Protein Bar Taste IMO)
  • Chomps - Wife introduced me to them, great snack
  • Babybell Cheese
  • MyProtein Clear Whey Isolate (Lemonade) - Super refreshing and light, much better to me than a chocolate/vanilla protein
I second this:
  • One Bars - Specifically Birthday Cake and Glazed Maple Donut (Best Protein Bar Taste IMO)
I'll Refrigerate a bar and pack a small cooler with one of these and a Gatorade Protein to have when I get off the course to keep me from stopping at the store and buying junk.

Last edited:
@JB you got me shook on my protein bar selections I’m like this guy now comparing ingredient lists:

what are your thoughts on the Lenny and Larry Complete Cookie? I am known to enjoy the peanut butter one now and again. Some of the others are awful.

@JB you got me shook on my protein bar selections I’m like this guy now comparing ingredient lists:

what are your thoughts on the Lenny and Larry Complete Cookie? I am known to enjoy the peanut butter one now and again. Some of the others are awful.

I’m not for it haha. But don’t listen to me, go with what you like. My typical choices are Power Crunch (non pro) for low carb despite not being super clean. Or Outright Bars for being clean despite not being super low carb, but carbs come from honey which is not a glycemic spike

YO, its Philly English right there and it's Peanits

Copied

Philly Slang in Philadelphia

The Philly Talk "Slango" (Slang) List
A funny look at how we talk in Philadelphia

Yo! Yeah you. Fasten your brain cells! You’re about to embark on a truly rewarding experience of learning a new language. Although Philly Slango is indigenous to Philadelphians, one can learn this exciting new language in less time than it takes to eat a famous Philly Cheesesteak. The good news is you don’t need a Ph.D. in English to speak this "slanguage". In fact, the less viable brain function you have, the more expeditiously you’ll conquer this pursuit. Just take out your teeth and go for it. Broadcast professionals new to the Philadelphia have found this page particularly useful, especially some certain TV news people. It's strongly advised that broadcast newcomers learn the unique dialect, diction, and local terms of Philly before trying the hard words.

(Contributions are noted in parenthesis)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If everyone in Philly is eating Pean-iz that explains why they say Re-dic-less.

@JB is right, go with what is working for you. I try to keep the food in our house pretty clean, I tend to take a long time and read all the ingredients before making a purchase. I am much more strict then JB when it comes to clean eating, but I've at least opened his eyes to how much crap is out there that is called food but is really just a bunch of chemicals formed to make something that looks like food. A perfect example of that is a Quest Bar.

@JB is right, go with what is working for you. I try to keep the food in our house pretty clean, I tend to take a long time and read all the ingredients before making a purchase. I am much more strict then JB when it comes to clean eating, but I've at least opened his eyes to how much crap is out there that is called food but is really just a bunch of chemicals formed to make something that looks like food. A perfect example of that is a Quest Bar.

I used to eat those all the time. Heck I almost bought some the other day. This is good to know!

I used to eat those all the time. Heck I almost bought some the other day. This is good to know!

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that are much worse, and I am not a nutritionist and would never tell someone what to eat. I am not a 100% all the time clean eater either, but if I'm grabbing a bar for something quick to eat on the road I'm grabbing an RX or Larabar with all natural ingredients. Higher in carbs and sugar (all natural from fruit), but at least I know what is going in my body. I personally feel a lot better eating something like that then a quest bar, but again, that is just me.

I just remembered that a very good and healthy snack that I love is popcorn made in a brown paper bag in the microwave. Just corn kernels, a bit of olive oil, and tossed in a brown paper bag. Fold the bag at the top and 3 minutes in the microwave. Boom, popcorn without all the chemicals.

I just remembered that a very good and healthy snack that I love is popcorn made in a brown paper bag in the microwave. Just corn kernels, a bit of olive oil, and tossed in a brown paper bag. Fold the bag at the top and 3 minutes in the microwave. Boom, popcorn without all the chemicals.

I have a friend that swears popcorn made with coconut oil is the absolute best way to do it. She said it adds something to the popcorn.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that are much worse, and I am not a nutritionist and would never tell someone what to eat. I am not a 100% all the time clean eater either, but if I'm grabbing a bar for something quick to eat on the road I'm grabbing an RX or Larabar with all natural ingredients. Higher in carbs and sugar (all natural from fruit), but at least I know what is going in my body. I personally feel a lot better eating something like that then a quest bar, but again, that is just me.
We just found out the wife is allergic to gluten so we will be changing diet a descent amount once my daughter's pageant is done at the end of this month. Plus where I work I bring my lunch every day and I am going to be switching to a more clean diet once all the craziness is over in a few weeks and we aren't in a hotel room eating out.

We just found out the wife is allergic to gluten so we will be changing diet a descent amount once my daughter's pageant is done at the end of this month. Plus where I work I bring my lunch every day and I am going to be switching to a more clean diet once all the craziness is over in a few weeks and we aren't in a hotel room eating out.

Good luck! If you find some goodies, share them, I would love to hear about them.

Good luck! If you find some goodies, share them, I would love to hear about them.
Definitely will. The next few weeks is going to be crazy with drill, work and daughter's national pageant in Arkansas, so I will be doing some extensive research once I get back. I have to get up so early in the day, I just need to make sure I have enough to keep me fueled for the day and get me through my afternoon workout, lol.

If it's popcorn you like, the Trader Joe's Popcorn with Herbs & Spices. Here's the ingredients list:

popcorn, expeller pressed vegetable oil (sunflower, safflower, and/or canola), seasoning blend (dried yeast, sea salt, dried dill leaf, celery seed, onion powder, sugar, citric acid, spices).

Back