Heated golf grips.

Turtlerancher

2021 Morgan Cup- Go Team Hackers! 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
??
Just thinking on my way in this morning with my heated steering wheel on, how come no heated golf grips? I have heated grips on my 4-wheeler, snow blower, truck, car, snowmobile and, a pair of heated gloves for hunting. I Googled that there is a expired patent for them but none ever brought to market. What do you cold weather golfers think? Battery operated with aa or aaa battery and small coil and contact switch that turns on when you grip it? By time you do your pre shot routine it would be warm and comfy.

I would worry about swing weight if it were in the grip, what I could get behind is a golf bag that has a heated well at the bottom to keep grips warm.

i have heated insoles for my boots and they have no weight to them at all. I would think they holdup is the thickness that the grip would have to have to carry the heating element

I have never thought about heated grips . I have always used hand warmers or Foot Joy Winter Gloves.

i have heated insoles for my boots and they have no weight to them at all. I would think they holdup is the thickness that the grip would have to have to carry the heating element
I use a +4 midsize so I would think there would be a workaround that could compensate for the weight and thickness.

I love the idea. I one owned a heated jacket from Columbia. It was really great.
I could sell them to you Californians for when it gets down to 60°.? My bil in LA freezes at 65!

If it gets to the point where I need heated grips, I’m probably calling it in :LOL:

I wear coldweather gloves when I play - I also keep handwarmers in my pockets to keep my hands and balls warm

With how little you're actually gripping each individual club, it's probably more helpful to just have hand warmers with you.

The weight of the batteries would be an issue and they wouldn't be legal. You can use handwarmers on your hands but not on golf balls or other golf equipment. I played the last two days in 40-45* weather with wind and my hands were toasty all day with handwarmers in the pocket of my pullover.

All I can picture happening hahaha

With how little you're actually gripping each individual club, it's probably more helpful to just have hand warmers with you.
You just need a longer preshot routine! :p

If it gets to a point which feels like I'll be needing "heated" golf grips. I'd bring my heated blanket with me...... No, I won't be on the golf course if it comes to that point.
I'd played in sub freezing temperature, played golf when no one else was on the golf course ., played golf when everything was frosted white. Maybe wearing gloves on both hands and with a hand warmer in the pocket ( in both pockets ).
But a heated golf grip had never come across my mind.

Last edited:
IMO, for most people, if its cold enough to need heated grips, its probably too cold for golf anyways. It would probably be easier just to we gloves between your shots and take them off when you swing or wear cold weather golf gloves than to add the complexity of heated grips in your clubs.

The only thing I do differently for the cold is wear 2 gloves and keep my hands in my vest pockets more.
Just suprised that for some of the upscale rich golfers that heated grips are not available. But then again, they just go somewhere warmer to play! ?

Why heat the grips when you could have a heated golf bag to keep the grips warm. LOL! OTOH, if it’s that cold, why play.

Back when high school golf was played in the spring in Ohio and we rode dinosaurs to school, we often played our qualifying tournament while it was snowing. Running from shot to shot wearing an overcoat that we took off to hit the ball did a pretty good job of keeping us warm. Not so easy 50 years later to do that.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to put the heat in the bottom of the golf bag with a solar panel of some sort?

Hot hands make a foot warmer that is narrow and got stickem on one side... I've used them on my fishing pole when bass fishing in cold weather.... have been thinking using them on my putter,, cause you got ahold of it for a longer period of time waiting your turn ect...

If it's that cold, I'm riding in a heated cart and my bag is within the cart cover.

I don’t live in climate that would require the need …
Never used any warming gloves ..or winter / wet gloves

would think gloves would suffice if required as it keeping the enclosed finger and palm warm , not the contacted area of the hand on grip ….

Back