Heavy Putter Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the Heavy Putter.

434111486_mrGiM-L.jpg

434111327_wuBEa-L.jpg

• Admin
After messing with it for a few minutes, I really like the feel. However the headcover is just plain awful. Not looks wise, that is fine. But they put velcro where it was not needed and hearing that noise everytime you take it off and having to pry it open is a pain. Magnets would have done better.

a lot of companies are moving to magnets. then again cameron still used velcro, and those are hyped to be the best putters ever made. u never know what kind of headcover u will get

I was this close to buying the heavy putter(holding my fingers an inch apart). Let me know how it does on the course.

• Admin
Gary,
We are working on it this week and it will be up next week for you. We are hoping the company does a giveaway as well.

if u got rife to do a review and giveaway, i would love u forever even if i didnt win

• Admin
AK,
If you like Rife, I assure you, you will like GEL as much or even more.

i have yet to find a gel shape that i like. im really weird with putters

• Admin
I like 2-3 of them. I love the Saphire and the Emerald. And the Opal center shafted is great too.

thanks for the insight. i will check it out cuz i cant remember what name goes with what shape

Here are the pictures from the trial run we did at the course yesterday with the Heavy Putter. Although I did not care for it, most of the people really enjoyed this thing.

439424584_XSLaj-L.jpg

439424700_LT5iT-L.jpg

439425046_T64Ns-L.jpg

439424949_RafUW-L.jpg

439424822_phTnQ-L.jpg

pretty long neck and an interesting milling on the face... looking forward to seeing this in my local shop

I tried a Heavy Putter once when I was shopping around. I did not like it in the least. Sure, it promotes a big-muscles pendulum stroke, but at the cost of feel. I just couldn't get it dialed in to save my life. I like putters in the 350-360 gram area. The Heavy comes in at a whopping 465!

yeah, I have used a few and it is hard to get used to the extra weight... in many ways, its worth buying as a training aid while working on your stroke. I would say if you play faster greens you should avoid this putter, 465 grams makes slick 3 footers even harder

Testing with myself and 4 others was done this morning. It was different to say the least.

if u got rife to do a review and giveaway, i would love u forever even if i didnt win

I think they should just give me a putter for using my last name. Attn: Rife putters :call-me: about this arrangement.

Back