Hello from Crook County IL

Yes, really. Ever hear of Daley (father and son). Illinois has the most politicians in prison per captia than anyone else in the country. "Vote early, vote often" ring a bell? We also put more dead people in the voting booth than anyone cares to imagine.

Yes, really. Ever hear of Daley (father and son). Illinois has the most politicians in prison per captia than anyone else in the country. "Vote early, vote often" ring a bell? We also put more dead people in the voting booth than anyone cares to imagine.

Not to get too politic-y for the board but I don't remember the Daley's invading any countries under false pretenses. Do you have a politician in prison per capita stat? Illinois has the same level of corruption as any other state, but they just have the balls to do it out in the open. Good or bad, it doesn't make us "the worst"

Welcome to THP! I think you will find yourself visiting the other forums less and less, or at least I have. I exclusively rely on THP for my golf forum fix.

Not to get too politic-y for the board but I don't remember the Daley's invading any countries under false pretenses. Do you have a politician in prison per capita stat? Illinois has the same level of corruption as any other state, but they just have the balls to do it out in the open. Good or bad, it doesn't make us "the worst"

This isn't the place to get into a political debate. You're a liberal, I get it.

Really? Have you heard of Tom Delay and maybe the last President who was in office? I'm also from Chicago and saying Crook County just makes you and the city sound ridiculous.

"Lets not bicker about who killed whom."

Sorry to break it to you but I think a majority of people know where he is talking about when he says "Crook County". He didn't invent the name, and the name has only stuck because it seems to fit.

"Lets not bicker about who killed whom."

Sorry to break it to you but I think a majority of people know where he is talking about when he says "Crook County". He didn't invent the name, and the name has only stuck because it seems to fit.

Dude, thats some poor reasoning, but I'm not here to argue.

In all fairness I love this city. Highest sales tax in the nation, highest gas prices in the country, just passed a 66% increase in both personal and corporate income tax. What's not to love?

Hello and :welcome:

In all fairness I love this city. Highest sales tax in the nation, highest gas prices in the country, just passed a 66% increase in both personal and corporate income tax. What's not to love?

Come on, it's a 66% tax increase that moves the total to 5%. It's an extra 2% of your income - don't make it sound so draconian. If you actually look at the statistics neither Illinois nor Chicago have the highest gas prices in America.

Edit: Just checked and Chicago is not in the top 25 for sales tax. Can we stop this now?

Come on, it's a 66% tax increase that moves the total to 5%. It's an extra 2% of your income - don't make it sound so draconian. If you actually look at the statistics neither Illinois nor Chicago have the highest gas prices in America.

Edit: Just checked and Chicago is not in the top 25 for sales tax. Can we stop this now?

Jesus Christ is this Rahm Emmanuel? Lets not go into why the taxes had to be increased.

January 9, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Filling up the gas tank isn't cheap- especially in Chicago.

More: ABC7 Cheap Gas Price Finder

A survey indicates the Windy City has the highest gas prices in the country. The price of regular gas is $3.35 a gallon, according to the Lundberg Survey. That's 27-cents higher than the average for the rest of the nation.

The twice monthly survey found gas prices have gone up about nine cents for regular gasoline in the last three weeks to $3.08 nationwide. The U.S. average for diesel is also up at $3.36.

The lowest gas prices are found in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Jonathon Marks expressed the pain drivers are feeling at the pumps. For Marks, who has to drive to work 30 miles each way, it's one more considerable expense to juggle.

"I'm not happy about these gas prices. I think it's absurd," said Marks. "Trying to budget buying groceries, and gas. And property taxes are outrageous."

"I just put $15 in and got four gallons. So it's ridiculous," said Kelvin Johnson.

"I drive an SUV, so that's $75 dollars every time I fill up and probably every week and a half. So I'm not happy," said Caroline Corpuz.

Factoring in to Chicago's price of gas is state, county and city sales tax. And whenever the overall price of gas goes up, so does the amount residents pay in taxes. But the high prices are not as steep as they were in 2008 when gas topped $4 a gallon and drivers were stunned.

"We really don't see them change their travel habits until that number hits $4 per gallon. That seems to be when consumers really start to feel the pinch," said Beth Mosher, AAA Chicago.

The high price of gas is directly related to the ongoing leak and subsequent shutdown of the Alaska pipeline. Industry analysts say it could be at least a week before it's up and running at normal levels.

"As news comes out and if we get some positive news, we may see some relief at the pump. But I think for the interim, next week or so, you might want to fill up your car," said Daniel Flynn, PFG Best.

Flynn went on to say he doesn't think the pipeline shutdown will drive gas prices to 2008 levels, but it will be a while before prices go back down.

The company that operates the pipeline is working on a plan to install a bypass line so the flow of oil can be restarted despite a leak.

List me 25 major cities with a sales tax rate higher than 10.25%. I'm not talking about some ho dunk town in Georgia with a population of 500 in which 1/3 are relatives of eachother.

"The high price of gas is directly related to the ongoing leak and subsequent shutdown of the Alaska pipeline. Industry analysts say it could be at least a week before it's up and running at normal levels."

And that is related to Chicago how?

Here are the gas prices.

"List me 25 major cities with a sales tax rate higher than 10.25%. I'm not talking about some ho dunk town in Georgia with a population of 500 in which 1/3 are relatives of eachother."

Sales Tax. So now you're imposing limits because reality doesn't suit your argument? What size is too small for you? Is this just going to end up being a comparison between Boston and New York because no where else in the world works for you? As far as huge cities go we're tied with Los Angles.

:love: Easy........I thought this was a welcome thread?

Sorry, sorry! I'm trying to back away! "Crook County" is just so inflammatory though, lol.

I understand. The Debate Room is a great place for this discussion. Just trying to keep this one light before it really goes south.

I'm in the NW suburbs. Hoffman Estates/Bartlett area.

Nice. I make my way just a bit SW of you to hit the Prairie Landing course a few times a year, primarily in the spring to work on my short game on their practice course. I spend a lot of time at the courses North of you.

I'm a huge fan of Chicago and take great pride in living here!

Hi Redbird, and welcome! I'm from the Elgin area, and I'd enjoy shooting a round with you sometime. That is if you can enjoy playing with a true hacker :D

Nice. I make my way just a bit SW of you to hit the Prairie Landing course a few times a year, primarily in the spring to work on my short game on their practice course. I spend a lot of time at the courses North of you.

I'm a huge fan of Chicago and take great pride in living here!

I play there a few times a year, alot of the lake county tracks, and fill in at White Pines from time to time.

Hi Redbird, and welcome! I'm from the Elgin area, and I'd enjoy shooting a round with you sometime. That is if you can enjoy playing with a true hacker :D

We should set up a IL outing and get a bunch of guys.

There is a thread on it... and I believe somone is planning it already. I think they decided on Orchard Valley.

Welcome to THP !!

Welcome to THP Enjoy!

nice to meet you

Belated welcome from the :taylormade: R7 Launcher

Back