Hello from Groton CT USA

Wille Duffet

Reaction score
Handicap
Long time lurker of the site/forum. I just got back into golf last year. I grew up literally next to a golf course in Pennsylvania. As kids we used to sneak on and play the three holes that ran alongside our property all day long. Only got caught once! I kept playing up until about age 35.. I'm going on 49 now and just knocking the rust off. I hope this year to get my score under 80. One thing is for sure....equipment has changed a lot in those years off. Last year I picked up a set of Wilson D200 Irons to replace my antique Wilson Prostaff irons and I just recently retired my antique original Big Birtha driver and replaced it with the Wilson Triton. Wow what a long shaft! So the local shop I got the driver at cut the shaft down for me and now I can find the center of the club with the ball. (Thank you Greatbrook Sports in Groton CT. GREAT staff, service and selection).
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
BTW I read all the posts about the 12gram weight being removed from the weight kit and decided to fashion my own to see what I could come up with. I figure the driver was designed with that 12 gram weight for a reason so we will see. I found a seller on ebay who sells 1.7 gram and 4.2 gram cylindrical weights that are 8mm diameter. The hollow back on the stock weights is 10mm so I figured some silicone to secure the weights in the cavity and if I don't like the results I could remove the added weights with an exacto knife. I posted about it in the Triton Driver review thread and will post again once I receive the weights and let you all know what the results of that experiment were. Currently drive carry is about 250 with range balls so in my "old age" I've only lost a few yards. I think once I get this driver tweaked out and hitting proper balls I should be fine. If not...there's always the short game!
Cheers

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! Hope that Home built weight works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

GO PATS!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! I was stationed in Groton back in the day :D.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Back