Hello from Malaysia

FirdausDeChambeau

Reaction score
Handicap
Dear all, was attracted to the design and content in this forum, so decided to pull the trigger and joined. Hoping to contribute something to this forum and make new friends. Here are some info about me:-

Origin - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Handicap - 19
Just your average golfer who fell in love with the game recently. Started playing in October 2019. Ill try to play at least twice a week if work permits. We are basically in a lockdown right here, so we cant play golf for a month or so. Good time to rest and practice my putting at home.

WITB

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash 10.5*( Set to 9.5*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X - D4 Swing Weight
Wood - 3 Wood Cobra f9 (14.5*) - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x / 5 Wood Titleist 917 F2 18* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8x - D2 Swing Weight
Irons - 5-P Taylormade M4 Irons and 4 Iron Titleist T200 - True Temper Dynamite Gold S400 - D1 Swing Weight
Wedge: 52 Degree Titleist Vokeys 12F and 60 Degree Cleveland RTX 3 Mid Bounce in Black Satin - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue - D5 SwingWeight
Putter: TaylorMade TP Copper Ardmore 3 - Stock Shaft

Grips
Driver to 5 Wood - Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Jumbo + 5 Wraps
4 Iron to 60 Degree - Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Jumbo + 1 Wrap
Putter - Lamkin Pistol Grip

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: Hopefully the lockdown ends soon!

Welcome aboard

Welcome!

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to the forum @FirdausDeChambeau

a few questions.

Are you a member of a club? What are the public golf options there and what does anaverage round cost?

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the forum @FirdausDeChambeau

a few questions.

Are you a member of a club? What are the public golf options there and what does anaverage round cost?

Hey @Carolina Dundee. To answer your questions:-
1. I am not a member of any yet, but I am planning to join one 10 minutes away from where I stay. Fantastic course with 2 18's. One is a walking course and one is championship course. Played there often since a lot of my close friends are members there as well. Golf is a lot of fun when you are growing and playing with your close friends. Unfortunately the lockdown had postponed my plans. Will get it once the lockdown is over next month. Will cost me around 10K USD in total for al lifetime membership and 30 USD monthly membership fees.
2. Well from where i stay (I stay pretty close to the city centre), there are about 5-6 public courses that are within 15-20 minute drive. In general, the good ones will cost you around 30-60 usd for a round including buggy (weekday is cheaper). The crappy ones will cost you about 15-25 usd for a round. The top courses though such as (TPC KL, Tropicana GCC, Saujana GCC etc) arent that expensive, if u come as visitor it will cost u around 100-150 usd max on the weekend and those are private courses but they do allow visitors. If u want the top public courses in malaysia, you gotta go out of the city and drive up north in Langkawi or down south in Johor. The ELS Club (Designed by Ernie Else) in Langkawi and Johor are the best public courses in the country and it will only cost you 100 usd during the weekday. Havent had to chance to play there yet though with this covid situation going on.

In general, golf is extremely popular here and there arent any shortage of courses. I can dare say Malaysia is one of the best places to play golf in asia in terms of price. Loads of expats and golf tourists. Weather is hot and humid though but im used to it. Hope that answers your question. Cheers.

Hey @Carolina Dundee. To answer your questions:-
1. I am not a member of any yet, but I am planning to join one 10 minutes away from where I stay. Fantastic course with 2 18's. One is a walking course and one is championship course. Played there often since a lot of my close friends are members there as well. Golf is a lot of fun when you are growing and playing with your close friends. Unfortunately the lockdown had postponed my plans. Will get it once the lockdown is over next month. Will cost me around 10K USD in total for al lifetime membership and 30 USD monthly membership fees.
2. Well from where i stay (I stay pretty close to the city centre), there are about 5-6 public courses that are within 15-20 minute drive. In general, the good ones will cost you around 30-60 usd for a round including buggy (weekday is cheaper). The crappy ones will cost you about 15-25 usd for a round. The top courses though such as (TPC KL, Tropicana GCC, Saujana GCC etc) arent that expensive, if u come as visitor it will cost u around 100-150 usd max on the weekend and those are private courses but they do allow visitors. If u want the top public courses in malaysia, you gotta go out of the city and drive up north in Langkawi or down south in Johor. The ELS Club (Designed by Ernie Else) in Langkawi and Johor are the best public courses in the country and it will only cost you 100 usd during the weekday. Havent had to chance to play there yet though with this covid situation going on.

In general, golf is extremely popular here and there arent any shortage of courses. I can dare say Malaysia is one of the best places to play golf in asia in terms of price. Loads of expats and golf tourists. Weather is hot and humid though but im used to it. Hope that answers your question. Cheers.
Thanks for the info.

I assumed it was going to be a lot more expensive than that.

I visited Kuala Lumpur a couple of times in the 90's for work, beautiful city, and from what I got to see outside the city Malasia is a beautiful country (and the food was incredible)!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Thanks for the info.

I assumed it was going to be a lot more expensive than that.
Haha its not. The govt dont really tax it. So its played by loads of people from different income levels. Golf is getting more popular here with the young ones.

I visited Kuala Lumpur a couple of times in the 90's for work, beautiful city, and from what I got to see outside the city Malasia is a beautiful country (and the food was incredible)!

Hey, haha. You should come again next time once this epidemic is over.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Hiya , from big lower down in Australia , Been to Singapore and Hong kong , not Malaysia , although l have a very good friend and work with , she’s Malaysian. Sounds so much cheaper than Singapore golf . Enjoy the site and chats and getting back to smashing the white ball soon )

Welcome to THP!

Back