Hello from Omaha, NE

cwill

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all from Omaha, NE. I've been playing golf on and off for about 15 years now. Took some lessons this summer for the first time and I wish I would have done it years ago. I've never been fitted for clubs, so that'll probably be my next step. The reviews and forum postings here at THP are great!

Welcome to THP, glad you found us. Some cool contests going on now in our Contest section of the forum.

Hello CWill. Welcome. I think Duey lives in NE too.

Welcome to THP, cwill!

Welcome Cwill, hope you enjoy. And, I'm the Duey from Nebraska, lol. Great site with great people, I'm sure you will fit right in.

I've always thought Nebraska should be NB, not NE.

Welcome... I just moved from Bellevue (Offutt AFB) NE to Charleston AFB, SC.

Yeah, I had seen your initial welcome message this week when I joined up. Too bad we didn't catch up sooner. Could have played a round at Tregaron or Eagle Hills, or somewhere. I'd much rather be living in Charleston, SC though. Beautiful area.

Welcome Will!

welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome and be sure to keep us posted on your fitting.

Welcome to THP cwill...where do you like to play in Omaha? I get down there about 3x a summer and just love the quality of courses such as Iron Horse, Quarry Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Indian Creek.

I'll be coming down rather soon as I always finish up the golf season with an outing with a close friend down there. Keep me posted on the weather situation will ya!?

Welcome to THP cwill...where do you like to play in Omaha? I get down there about 3x a summer and just love the quality of courses such as Iron Horse, Quarry Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Indian Creek.

I'll be coming down rather soon as I always finish up the golf season with an outing with a close friend down there. Keep me posted on the weather situation will ya!?

I have played Indian Creek. That is actually where I took my lessons this summer. They have a great practice facility. I haven't gotten to Iron Horse, Quarry Oaks, or Woodland Hills yet. Those are at the top of my list for wanting to play. Just need to talk my buddies into it, as they are cheap when it comes to course fees. Of those 3, which is your favorite? I typically play Eagle Hills and Johnny Goodman, as well as Tiburon.

Other than one cold stretch where we got a quick couple inches of snow, the weather has been decent this fall. Daytime highs in the 50 to 60 range lately. I'm planning on getting in a round at Johnny Goodman on Saturday, which currently has a forecast of 54 and sunny, so should be good fall conditions.

I like Eagle Hills and Tiburon as well- both are good courses. That 11th hole at Eagle Hills is something else huh?

Of Quarry Oaks, Iron Horse and Woodland I would have to go with Iron Horse #1 but Quarry is right behind them. Quarry is actually in the top 50 on Golf Digest's top 100 list!

When I come down in the next week or so I should hit you up and you can join my friend and I, he lives there an is always looking for new golf buddies.

Omaha

Omaha

I too am from Omaha. Spend most of my time at Ashland Country Club. Quarry is one of the best around. :bulgy-eyes:

I like Eagle Hills and Tiburon as well- both are good courses. That 11th hole at Eagle Hills is something else huh?

Of Quarry Oaks, Iron Horse and Woodland I would have to go with Iron Horse #1 but Quarry is right behind them. Quarry is actually in the top 50 on Golf Digest's top 100 list!

When I come down in the next week or so I should hit you up and you can join my friend and I, he lives there an is always looking for new golf buddies.

The 11th is definitely one of the tougher holes at Eagle Hills. If you don't hit a good drive, you pretty much have to lay up again on your second shot to get over the little marsh area. Eagle Hills currently has a fall/winter special of $30 (including cart) for all you can golf on weekdays, and $35 on the weekends.

If you guys need another player, definitely let me know.

I too am from Omaha. Spend most of my time at Ashland Country Club. Quarry is one of the best around. :bulgy-eyes:

Hi crazygolfnut. Are you a member of Ashland Country Club? I've checked out their website before. Are they semi-private, and allow guests to play?

Ashland Country Club

Ashland Country Club

Hi crazygolfnut. Are you a member of Ashland Country Club? I've checked out their website before. Are they semi-private, and allow guests to play?

Yes, I have been a member since 1995. The club is open for public play and they have specials listed on the website. The club is having a difficult time with memberships and it looks like they are going to be purchased in about a week or so. The membership fees next year are going down; they will add new carts, and work on course improvement. It will be great for the club. Life is good and getting better. :banana:

Yes, I have been a member since 1995. The club is open for public play and they have specials listed on the website. The club is having a difficult time with memberships and it looks like they are going to be purchased in about a week or so. The membership fees next year are going down; they will add new carts, and work on course improvement. It will be great for the club. Life is good and getting better. :banana:

How do you rate the course compared to some of the other courses in the area? I was looking at membership at some of the local courses - particularly Platteview Country Club, Council Bluffs, and Ashland because they had some of the lower membership fees. Do you know how far the Ashland country club from the Hwy 370/I-80 junction? Not sure if I can fit in a membership, but I wouldn't mind coming down and checking out the course before I decide. Maybe I can play there Saturday instead of at Johnny Goodman. Is it easy to get on the course during a Husker game?

Ashland is a flat course which makes it very easy to walk. The trees and bushes have grown up which makes rather narrow. They are loosing some of the bushes because of the blite that is hitting all of the pines. The greens as well as the entire course is in good shape.

Ashland is about half way between Lincoln and Omaha. I live in Millard and it takes about 20 min to drive. I take I80 and exit at the outlet mall then drive down route 6. The club is a couple of miles past Asland. I think there is a link to a map on the website, Ashland Country Club - Ashland Nebraska

Not sure what next years prices will be but it looks like Family Membership will be down to $1,000 per year with a Single Membership less than that. Best value around. :bananadance:

Ashland is a flat course which makes it very easy to walk. The trees and bushes have grown up which makes rather narrow. They are loosing some of the bushes because of the blite that is hitting all of the pines. The greens as well as the entire course is in good shape.

Ashland is about half way between Lincoln and Omaha. I live in Millard and it takes about 20 min to drive. I take I80 and exit at the outlet mall then drive down route 6. The club is a couple of miles past Asland. I think there is a link to a map on the website, Ashland Country Club - Ashland Nebraska

Not sure what next years prices will be but it looks like Family Membership will be down to $1,000 per year with a Single Membership less than that. Best value around. :bananadance:

If it is only 20 minutes from Millard, then I'd imagine it is about the same from Papillion. I'm fairly new to the Omaha area, 3 years now I think, and I've only driven down to Lincoln once, so I'm not extremely familiar with the timing of towns/cities south of the 370/I-80 interchange.

Ashland...that's where Iron Horse and Quarry Oaks are isn't it? I think that is VERY close to my friends house, in fact even though he lives in Omaha technically, I think his daughter goes to that new elementary school (Millard?) right there.

He has lived there for only a few years and has yet to find some hardcore golf buddies so I may have to get you two fellas and him together- I keep telling him to find some golf buddies and play as much as possible! I'll certainly holler when I'm going to make it down, we just decided today over IM we'll be playing soon and likely at Quarry Oaks but if Eagle Hills is having that good of a deal we may go there instead. I'll keep you posted in this thread.

I also am in the omaha area you said you like eagle hills. You should look into the membership there. You get both tara and eagle hills. The price for weekday single membership is only 699.00 then the cart is and additional charge i think the total is around 950.00 for the year. That is not bad since you get both courses and the range and practice faculties at eagle. I work the range out at eagle once a week and am always up for 18 if you need someone...

Back