Hello from Virginia

I am close to Farmville and have played The Manor. Last time there though it looked like the greens had been hit by a massive hail storm from all the pitch marks nobody bothered to fix. I bet I fixed at least a dozen on every green.
Yeah, I know what you mean about some of the greens - people simply won't fix them. Most were not too bad last time we went. They have recently completely renewed/redone most all of the bunkers and did some serious brush cutting and seem to be putting an effort into fixing things up around there. It looks quite different now since the summer. I really like hole #18 though - very picturesque hole with the water.

I will never forget the first time I played there. The course basically ate my lunch because I had no clue where those dang gullies were. Me and my buddy would go to get our balls on some of our second shots only to realize our balls were swallowed by gullies. I have played it enough now that I know the holes fairly well which helps course strategy some.

RVA Here! Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the party

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the farm

Browse the forum but don't really post much. Enjoy all the articles and the different opinions. Keep them coming.
Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Hello From Sunny California

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome aboard!

I am about 30 miles west of Richmond. I play the local courses such as, Mill Quarter, Birkdale, Amelia, Lake Chesdin, The Manor (Farmville), Farmville Muni, GC at The Highlands, First Tee, Dogwood Trace, etc.

Took a few lessons around 4 years ago, but only played a few times with my sons and kind of let it ride until this past year and so far have played about 40 rounds and really enjoying it. Thinking about retiring this year so might hit the courses more.

Welcome to THP and good luck on the retirement!

I'm near Riverfront....run up play Royal New Kent often....Play Sleepy Hole some. Travel to NJ, CT and PA often to see kids/Gran kids and play there too.

Last time i was up near Lynchbnurg we went up to Amherst County and played Poplar Grove, what a treat

Last edited:
I am about 30 miles west of Richmond. I play the local courses such as, Mill Quarter, Birkdale, Amelia, Lake Chesdin, The Manor (Farmville), Farmville Muni, GC at The Highlands, First Tee, Dogwood Trace, etc.

Took a few lessons around 4 years ago, but only played a few times with my sons and kind of let it ride until this past year and so far have played about 40 rounds and really enjoying it. Thinking about retiring this year so might hit the courses more.

Dogwood Trace is such a hidden gem.

Dogwood Trace is such a hidden gem.
I fully agree. One of my favorite spots with a few nice holes over the water. They keep it in decent shape considering the use it gets.

I fully agree. One of my favorite spots with a few nice holes over the water. They keep it in decent shape considering the use it gets.
That course also holds up well in the fall & winter is you are willing to brave the cold. I love that course and need to get a round in there soon!!

Enjoy it however you’d like! Welcome to thp

All lurker welcome to THP

Back