Hello from Wisconsin

rumstove

Reaction score
Handicap
gnats
I've played golf off and on since high school way back in the late 90s. What really shot my interest back into golf this year is when my friend sold me his old clubs for $30 (Titleist DCI Gold irons, Taylormade R580, TM 320Ti, and Callaway Steelhead III drivers). Finally some name-brand clubs, even if they're decades old. After numerous hours throughout the summer I can now hit irons decent again but the driver still has a nasty slice once in a while.

I have a new interest in old, cheap golf clubs. My newest and greatest thrift shop find is a complete set of the original Ping Eye 3-SW irons with matching serial numbers that appear barely used. They're now my gamers, along with the TM R580 and a Snake Eyes 695 3W (another thrift shop find for $2). I find it funny that a round of golf at some courses costs more than my clubs did.

My quest for a new driver brought me here (new technology definitely helps in the driver department) and, while I do enjoy my old Ping Eye irons, I do enjoy the new tech in all clubs and equipment, not just drivers.

I'm in western WI, so hello to everyone from MN as well!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

A demo set of the DCI Gold were my first non-knockoff irons. Great clubs.

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP! I'm originally from the west side of WI too (La Crosse).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! From the Twin Cities metro area

Welcome to THP. Used to live in Black River Falls.

Welcome to THP! I'm in the SW corner of WI. Great to see another person from the Badger state on here. There's lot of info about new tech around here.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! I grew up in Hudson, WI and graduated from UW Eau Claire in 1988. Nothing wrong with gaming older clubs. I'd be happy gaming my old Ping Eye 3's and my Ping G2 driver from 2003.

Welcome to THP

tahoebum;n8907286 said:
Welcome! I grew up in Hudson, WI and graduated from UW Eau Claire in 1988.

Another Blugold! Awesome! UWEC is the reason I first moved to EC and somehow ended up staying.

Welcome!!

Welcome

Welcome, I grew up in Janesville and Madison

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to the forum. Sconnie by birth, but living south of the border among the flatlanders now.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp!

Back