Help Building Putting Green

Midman03

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently in the process of getting everything together to build an indoor putting green. Thinking of going with a kidney-shaped green with some fringe around the border. I'm stuck deciding on the type of turf to get. Obviously, I'm looking for the the most "real" turf available to make it as close to a real green as possible. Looking for any suggestions you guys can give to point me in the right direction. Thanks to all! Cheers!!

Help Building Putting Green

Are you looking for accurate response for chipping or the ability to adjust speed to match your course? I thing the bigger question is what do you want to accomplish with the green and how big ask you want it to be? Not sure what you want to gain from a "real" surface.

There are a few high quality turf manufacturers. Some require material to be swept into the green to adjust speeds. Been a long time since I have looked at greens but my suggestion would be to look at the outdoor installers since they have the best surfaces. You can also look at tour links for a solution. Most of the turf companies will send you samples as well

I have been thinking of using the pro putt system in my backyard. Anyone have any experience with that outside? Midman03 they have complete setups for indoors you might like. I like how clean their system is but need something for outside.

Thanks for the suggestions. BigE I'll have to look into those later tonight.

Cnosil, you're about right on point. I plan on doing a bunch of chipping onto the green.

Just don't want a surface that is like those crappy roll out surfaces you'd find at a big box store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note, I know I could just buy an indoor putting green. I want to build this since I like carpentry, woodworking, etc. I also would get to make it exactly how I want. Thanks for the help y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back