Help fill out an itinerary- Scotland

Supersport

Reaction score
Handicap
I didn’t want to sidetrack the other Scotland thread so I am creating this. Trip of 4 buddies headed to Scotland.
we will be based out of St Andrews and currently have the following lineup scheduled.

St A- New
St A - Old
kingsbarn
Carnoustie
Jubilee
Castle course
Crail

we will have a few days where we will play 36 and while I know we could jump back on one of these courses, if there are some must plays that are in the same relative area, why not squeeze them in. For reference, I would rather play a great course twice as opposed to playing a great course and follow it up with something mediocre just to fill in the slot. I know there are some great courses that don’t get the fame of some of those more well known.
I would welcome suggestions and maybe what course they are close to.

Loved Crail
3833b272ab0cc416eacb7e5987c9d3ac.jpg

Wow, Ladybank looks nothing like what I imagine Scottish golf to look like. All great suggestions so far.

I would like to hear your impressions of Kingsbairn after you have played it. I've played it twice in a simulator and if it looks good in the sim I bet it will look great live. ;)

Crail has 2 courses...Kingsbarns 2nd round same week is 1/2 price and it is my fave of all shown....Elie/Leven/Lundin all very good and near area of Kingsbarns. I'd go so far as to say bag Jubilee....and add in one of those mentioned. If going after July1...Dumbarnie is brand new opening and has been compared to Kingsbarns. The Fairmont is outskirts of St Andrews has two courses and carts and is always available. It doesn't book up like most. You could run there last minute.

Last point. North Berwick....Last day of play go there. play then stay at airport for easy getaway. If GLA stay at Holiday Inn....cheap and steps away from gate.

All great suggestions. Especially Kingsbarn a second time for a deal. We will likely make that one happen!

Any single one of those courses would be phenomenal. If you’re going bucketlist then Gleneagles is pretty close to where you’ll be as well. Either the Centenery or Queens I would recommend.
If you end up a couple of hours north then Trump International, Royal Aberdeen and Murcar Links all well worth a shout.

I played Dumbarnie Links today, its a very good course, I think I liked it more than Trumps course in Aberdeen.

I get the pleasure of playing at Kingsbarns tomorrow

Not a fan of Trump Aberdeen, like Kingsbarns and looking forward to Dunbarnie👍

I’d skip Castle and play Elie instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would definitely add Dunbarnie to your list absolutely loved it and as it ages will only get better 👍

Was to have played Dumbarnie last week but not able to get there and quarantine...So a year from now.

Damn that is a lineup of courses! Have room for another?

Back