Help I.D. this shaft GD tour AD VR 511D

4right

Reaction score
Handicap
So i was killing time over at rodger dunn the other day and i was looking through the
shelfs with nike driver on them and i came across a nike machspeed driver with what
looks like a GD Di 6 or 7 shaft. Its a 62g. Stiff flex with a STR-8 TIP but when i looked
closely it showed that it was a GD tour AD VR511D shaft. So i go to the hitting bay and
start to rip 275-290 carry low spin BOMBS (spin rate on the longest drive was 2506) with
my longest drive rolling out to 312 yds power fade ..... Any help or specs on the shaft would be
very hopefully... Than
433_zps0c2f3589.jpg
[/IMG]ks

I've never heard of that shaft personally. 290 yard carry is some serious freakin' distance though.

Maybe a one off tour shaft? Or something from the Japanese market?

it's a japanese-only shaft. look it up on ebay, the only clubs it's in are Nike hybo's, and those shafts are 511H's instead of D's, so i'm just assuming H would be for hybrid and D for driver.

I would have bought it if it was treating me that good

I did and the best part it cost me 69.95... Merry Xmas to me

Dude... A 36 handicap hitting 270-290 carry? What, do you putt the rest of the way in???

Dude... A 36 handicap hitting 270-290 carry? What, do you putt the rest of the way in???

36 is the default handicap. He just hasn't changed it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I think the handicap defaults in as 36...so I'd say that probably isn't accurate :act-up:

Big guy i guess.. I have improve big time since i started playing. Played baseball, football all my life. 6'4 255 lbs but i was and somewhat still am a out to in swinger, coming over the top. My brothers are big hitters they but can hit 300 yrds without a problem. I got a playing lesson with a remax long drive contest by the name of mike and he has my swing working for me right now... At the time i was hitting this shaft even my brother was asking me what got into me.. hopefully i can swing like this when i play again.. Only time will tell. So far the best i have shot is a 88 and i avg. about 90-95 not to bad for playing for as little time as i have been.. 1-1/2

I've been there to find another one of these with no luck..
Does anyone know of a place website anybody that are selling these shafts or the US market version of them??

You could probably reap some serious dough for that on eBay, if it ever stops treating you nicely...

A LOT more than 70 bucks you paid for it.

Back