Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

billyh

Goodwill Hunter
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
Right now the only thing going good with my golf game is my looks, and they’re not the greatest. So taking what @RealPretendPsychic started with his thread on how you keep golf fun I figured I’d post a poll of what irons I should play to make it a little more fun for me. I’ve got a couple of iron sets laying around and figured I would ask you fine folks to help me out.

In the top end of the bag I’m going with the new Callaway B21 driver for its maiden voyage along with an M2 3 hybrid along with a Hogan Radial 2 iron. From there, @Canadan will roll his eyes with the XPC 11 wood for the par 3’s.

The bottom of the bag is going to have a SM6 54* and a classic SeeMore FGP wrapped in my THP surrender the birdie head cover.

So, help me round out the bag for my round tomorrow and at least the rest of the month!

I'm a fan of the TaylorMade irons, here.

Play the Adam’s but keep the 11 wood in the bag

Go for the Nikes.

No thoughts on the One Length options available?

Forgot to add that the Hogans are the Apex Edge Pro’s.

What weight and flex shafts do you play?

What weight and flex shafts do you play?

That’s still TBD. All the ones posted are currently regular flex (could be wrong on the Hogans). The Nike’s are Recoil 670’s, Adams are Mitsu graphite, Hogans and TM’s are stock metal.

That’s still TBD. All the ones posted are currently regular flex (could be wrong on the Hogans). The Nike’s are Recoil 670’s, Adams are Mitsu graphite, Hogans and TM’s are stock metal.
Darn. Everything I have is stiff or stiffer.

Looking at my swing speed I’m in that middle section. I play a stiff flex driver fairly well. What were you thinking?
I have a set of ‘17 TM 790s with DG 105 s300 shafts. Talk about having fun....

I have a set of ‘17 TM 790s with DG 105 s300 shafts. Talk about having fun....
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I actually took the Project X 6.0’s out of the TW blades thinking the shafts were a little too much. After putting the recoils in them I have found out it wasn’t the shafts.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! I actually took the Project X 6.0’s out of the TW blades thinking the shafts were a little too much. After putting the recoils in them I have found out it wasn’t the shafts.
They are on the stiffer side for sure, but those irons are fun if you like hitting the ball far. And the Dynamic Gold feel fantastic.

Took the Nike's out yesterday and hit them very well. I might keep them in the bag for the month.

Back