HELP ME WITH TECHNOLOGY!

BadgerGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
So back playing golf and taking in more seriously it has got to the time where technology comes into play. I have Arccos as they came free with the clubs and trying it out all seems good however, I am now in a absolute mess trying to pick between three options (feel free to confuse me further by throwing in more suggestions) but want to see what the consensus is between these and of those who may own or use.
So we are looking at the either: Garmin Z82, Voice Caddie SL2 or ShotScope Pro LX +

All see to have their merits but I like my technology and these seem to be the all signing all dancing GPS integrated rangefinders. With Shotscope I could ditch Arccos but with the other would carry on using Arccos most likely. Garmin has the nice blind shot compass to the green but no screen. Voice Caddie has the screen but I have heard the course info can sometimes be a bit dated etc.

In desperate need of help I'd like to have one in my bag next Wednesday when I play. HELP ME PLEASE!

I have the ShotScope Pro LX+

The big draw to SchotScope is the tracking tags and information you can get about your game with those. You can track every shot and then follow it up afterward to remember the round. Plus, with all the information over the course of the year playing you can really focus on game improvement in the areas needed. However, the rangefinder part is really basic. I don't really care for that part and rarely use it. I have had much better range finders that are easier to get pin placements and quicker. It is fine for a basic range finder but isn't going to have the optics or speed of the other range finders on your list.

I would highly recommend the ShotScope Pro as long as you are looking for the tracking part.

The info you can get with Shotscope devices and their tags is pretty unmatched. And they have a good presence here on THP with @GavinwithaR1 and @jenisontheforum

So in terms of the Tracking Data how does it compare to Garmin & Arccos.

As I have Arccos I can stay with and get the more advanced range finder but if the tracking is a step up with what shotscope offer then maybe getting their package is the way to go.

My thoughts are that You already have Arccos so Shotscope is a Lateral move. Same idea.
Either get a range finder or the voice caddy.

I have been using Arccos since 2018 and had Gamegolf before that.

Arccos and Shotscope are great IF you are actually going to use them to see where your game is weak. If its just for distances to the green there are better choices.
My regular partner uses shotscope and the only thing I like better is the watch.

Jmho

Back