Status
Not open for further replies.

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
https://www.gofundme.com/markconner

I have suffered from Type II diabetes for about 25 years. My A1C over the past year has risen from my old normal of 6.0 to over 12.0. This has resulted in a increase of cost of Doctor visits, blood work frequency as well as side effects from high daily blood sugar counts.

I was recently diagnosed as having Peripheral Neuropathy as a result of my diabetes. This results in tinkling and numbness in both of my feet and hands, and adds addition cost for even more medications. My daily blood sugar counts are at or above 400 with normal being 120. I was prescribed a medication to treat neuropathy and the cost was $911 per month, which of course is totally un-affordable.

I am also in need of having an eye exam and new glasses, as my vision has become a little blurry over the past several months. I have been told that without insurance, the cost will be close to $1000. Diabetes attacks the eyes and my doctor says I need yearly exams and I currently can not afford this high cost.

I currently do not have any type of medical insurance coverage to cover the frequent blood work and the high cost of medications needed, and because of my age, I do not qualify for state or government coverage. I'm looking for any help you may be able to provide to me.

I'm only asking for this help as a last resort to help me get through this difficult period. Even the smallest donation would help me get insurance and help with the high cost of medications, doctor visits etc.

Thank you,
Mark

Last edited:
This is not a scam. This is very real for me right now. Even the smallest donation would help. I get a very small amount of help from the VA, but it is not close to being enough right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back