Hey Calgary residents...(Calgarians?) quick question

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
The wife and I will be in the Banff area for our anniversary towards the end of March, I'm booking flights and was wondering about drive time from Banff Springs to YYC? I've read some that suggest at least two hours, Google maps says 90 mins, but didn't know if that was taking into account possible driving conditions, or is 90 mins legit?

90 minutes is about right. Getting through Main Street in Banff can be a pain in the ass and it depends on the line up getting into the park if you don’t have a pass to drive through. Also the signs that say “speed enfourcedvwith aerial radar” are false. You can go 130km/h the entire way just use caution when you enter the park.

90 minutes is about right. Getting through Main Street in Banff can be a pain in the ass and it depends on the line up getting into the park if you don’t have a pass to drive through. Also the signs that say “speed enfourcedvwith aerial radar” are false. You can go 130km/h the entire way just use caution when you enter the park.

That’s 81 mph you’re talking to tomcat - guy goes 500mph everyday

just gotta watch for the minivans with the radar+cameras sticking out the windows

90 minutes is fine enough in bare conditions, much better than it used to be before Stoney Trail, 16ave can be awful

That’s 81 mph you’re talking to tomcat - guy goes 500mph everyday

Just have to be careful inside the park. It drops to 90km/h and fines go up.

If you have any other questions let me know. If you plan on golfing I’m not sure the course will be open at that time.

Thanks. Also, should I assume that there'll still be quite a bit of snow on the ground the last week of March, most likely?

Just have to be careful inside the park. It drops to 90km/h and fines go up.

If you have any other questions let me know. If you plan on golfing I’m not sure the course will be open at that time.

It's a non-golfing trip. Staying at the Fairmont in Banff Springs and will be taking advantage of the spa, I'm sure. :)

Thanks. Also, should I assume that there'll still be quite a bit of snow on the ground the last week of March, most likely?

Being in the mountains you can pretty much count on it. Should check out Lake Louise and the Columbia ice fields or Johnson’s canyon while you are up here.

Being in the mountains you can pretty much count on it. Should check out Lake Louise and the Columbia ice fields or Johnson’s canyon while you are up here.

I know Lake Louise is on her schedule, but we'll check out the other places as well.

Thanks!

Have fun. If you have questions about restaurants or anything hit me up. I’ll be happy to help as best I can.

Yes 90 minutes is pretty accurate. If you have time check out the Grizzly house, pretty cool dinner experience.

Back